+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Application Canada

sue07

Jun 1, 2009
Good Day:

I would like some clarification regarding the Permanent Resident application process.

After receiving the AIP, sending out the application for the Open Work Permit,
and applying for the SIN soon after, what other documents (besides the ones listed below) are required to obtain the Permanent Resident Card ?? I believe i have to send the documents to CPC Vegreville

Certificate of criminal record clearance
Copies of AIP received
PR Application form
Payment receipt
Supplementary form
Copy of passport
Photos
Copy of SIN form that has been processed

Will the card be sent directly to my residential address?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sue07 said:
Good Day:

I would like some clarification regarding the Permanent Resident application process.

After receiving the AIP, sending out the application for the Open Work Permit,
and applying for the SIN soon after, what other documents (besides the ones listed below) are required to obtain the Permanent Resident Card ?? I believe i have to send the documents to CPC Vegreville

Certificate of criminal record clearance
Copies of AIP received
PR Application form
Payment receipt
Supplementary form
Copy of passport
Photos
Copy of SIN form that has been processed

Will the card be sent directly to my residential address?
Assuming you are an "in Canada spousal applicant" you don't do anything about the PR card, once you are "landed" at the local CIC they will process your PR card and you will receive in the mail about 30 days later.

PMM

sue07

Jun 1, 2009
Thank you so much for the response
Yes i am on "common law" sponsorship ....
Another thing though , once i receive the AIP , can i send
the documents for both the Open Work Permit and PR Processing at the same time , though
i wont be able to submit for the SIN application before ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sue07 said:
Thank you so much for the response
Yes i am on "common law" sponsorship ....
Another thing though , once i receive the AIP , can i send
the documents for both the Open Work Permit and PR Processing at the same time , though
i wont be able to submit for the SIN application before ?
When your application and sponsorship were sent to Vegreville, that was your PR application. You should have sent the application for an Open Work Permit with the application, but once you receive AIP you can send the application to Vegreville. You can't apply for a SIN until you have the work permit. For the SIN you go to a Service Canada office with your passport and work permit.

PMM

sue07

Jun 1, 2009
Thanks again . But to obtain your PR card, i do need to send a seperate form with the supplementary form and required documents attached as per my first email? Sorry am a little confused
Please advise ...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sue07 said:
Thanks again . But to obtain your PR card, i do need to send a seperate form with the supplementary form and required documents attached as per my first email? Sorry am a little confused
Please advise ...
Read the previous reply YOU DON"T APPLY FOR A PR CARD. It is processed when you are "landed" at an Immigration office.

PMM

sue07

Jun 1, 2009
Thank you for the clarrification . Do u know the link to the site where i could download the form for an open work permit ?
Or is the Form sent together with the AIP , once approved ..
Please advise

Sep 5, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
saudia
NOC Code......
chef
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 09 2010
Respected sir/madam
subject applied for permanet Resident in canada
sir
my self mohammad salman .i am from india.i have done three years diploma in hotel management.i have 5 years exprency in hotel field.sir right know i am working in saudai arbia as a continental chef.my detail fowlling
name mohammad salman
D.O.B 5th march 1984
fathers name mohammad salman
psport ditels ;pasport number f2250969
validity 2015
place of issue patna
nationality.india

Suela

Sep 15, 2010
Good Afternoon, is it possible to start the filing process for PR if Im still living in the United States? I want to file for my husband and daughter as well. If that is possible, how long is that process?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spousal sponsorship and immigration processing in Buffalo is from 4-10 months

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are not Canadian citizen, you are not eligible to sponsor your husband under spousal sponsorship and application. You can try skilled workers http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp or pnp immigration, though.