+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying US Bills with a Canadian bank account?

Lorelyrra

Sep 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
I just settled in Canada less than a month ago. I set up a bank account through Tangerine and my paychecks are direct-deposited into that account. I still have my US bank account (will be closing it soon). I also have two credit cards I established in the States. They both have my new Canadian address, but I'm running into trouble trying to actually pay them. There's no way to add my Canadian bank account as a payment option because they want a 9-digit routing number. I plan to call them as soon as I get a chance and see if there's a way to set this up, but I'm open to any advice anyone has! My US bank account doesn't have much left in it after the move, just enough to make one more payment to each card.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assume you don't close your US accounts, couldn't you wire money from your Canadian to US bank accounts for payment? Or carry cash and cross the border to the US branch to make payment?

You might find this recent post useful:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/international-banking-usa-and-canada-bank-advice-t451018.0.html