28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
No idea, I just wanna try if they will consider our situation
I called CIC call centre this morning and they said that the turn over time to send back the passport is 2 weeks due to a large number of applications. 14 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: J-chy

J-chy

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I called CIC call centre this morning and they said that the turn over time to send back the passport is 2 weeks due to large number of applications. 14 days.
Thank you so much! I called them but they were busy.... They received my passports on 2 Oct. Is that means I may get it next week?

arpit3113

Nov 21, 2016
I am in the similar situation but have not received the passport request yet, I am traveling to India on Nov 4

My question is, suppose i get the passport request, instead of taking risk of dispatching Passport to CPP Ottawa, can i just travel to india and get the Visa stamped thru VFS india?

PLEASE ADVISE??? :(

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
I am in the similar situation but have not received the passport request yet, I am traveling to India on Nov 4

My question is, suppose i get the passport request, instead of taking risk of dispatching Passport to CPP Ottawa, can i just travel to india and get the Visa stamped thru VFS india?

PLEASE ADVISE??? :(
Well it depends on the circumstances.. I asked from CPC-ottawa and they said :

For those who are in possession of their passports and have an urgent need to travel outside of Canada:

Please note that should your application be approved while you are abroad, you will be provided with instructions on how to submit your passport to the nearest Canadian visa office serving the country you are visiting.

Do not submit your passport until you have received correspondence from IRCC that your application has been approved and you are requested to submit your passport.

You can take this option too...

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
Thank you so much! I called them but they were busy.... They received my passports on 2 Oct. Is that means I may get it next week?
Yeah man.. you must get by the next week. It's totally insane why are they take so much time to just stamp the visa. The issue is I've my flight reservation on 18 october. I wasn't aware that they are going to take so long time.

J-chy

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Yeah man.. you must get by the next week. It's totally insane why are they take so much time to just stamp the visa. The issue is I've my flight reservation on 18 october. I wasn't aware that they are going to take so long time.
When did you send your passport?

J-chy

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hope you can get it before you leave. It is possible! I will tell you once I get my passport back

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
Hope you can get it before you leave. It is possible! I will tell you once I get my passport back
I sent my passport on 4 October and they received it on 5 October. Last year I got back my passport in 4 days. Anyway, I have mailed them stating my dental surgery on the coming Friday. May be they consider my request however I am not very positive.

Last edited:

nvnkmr10

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
I sent my passport on 4 October and they received it on 5 October. Last year I got back my passport in 4 days. Anyway, I have mailed them stating my dental surgery on the coming Friday. May be they consider my request however I am not very positive.
Did you get any response from them?

When I called them last Friday, the agent told me, If it is that urgent, We can send you the passport without stamping..
so little worried to send them an email also.. v strange that they are not even updating their website for processing times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

nvnkmr10

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Please leave a reply whenever you see ur tracking guys..so that we will get an idea and be little relaxed. Am having sleepless nights :-(

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
Did you get any response from them?

When I called them last Friday, the agent told me, If it is that urgent, We can send you the passport without stamping..
so little worried to send them an email also.. v strange that they are not even updating their website for processing times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Such an unprofessional reply. And I think updating time is the time where they are working to send the passport requests.
Now I think what we can do is just wait and see.

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
got my Passport tracking guys, Thanks for your help. wish you all will get it soon..
That's great man... We both had same dates of submission but I didn't get tracking ;(.... did ur status change on cic?