+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part business ownership / immigration

stephen92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
So long story short i just re entered the country and have a family friend iv known for years
He has asked me to come manage his cafe as his health has deteriorated alot this year and wants to sign half to me with potential for full ownership. I will be going down on the books this week.

What will this do for me for PR as i know its quite difficult to achieve it.
Will it help me in any way as the business wants to draw up a letter with his lawyer this week

I am 25 , Australian, commonwealth with solid managing experience as i also manage a bar on the weekends

Any help is appreciated as i need to jump on this asap

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Note that in order to manage his cafe, you either need to be a PR or you must have a work permit. To get a work permit you need an approved LMIA.

For this to help you in any way with PR, you need to have a job offer and approved LMIA. However this will by no means guarantee you will qualify for PR or be selected.

Make sure you don't start doing any work of any kind for the business (even unpaid) until you have an approved work permit. Doing any kind of work ahead of having an approved work permit (or PR) will be working illegally and will put you in a position where you could be removed from Canada.

Given your age and nationality, I would also suggest you look into the working holiday visa program that would allow you to work in Canada temporarily. This is likely the far easier route at this point than PR or an LMIA-based work permit.

stephen92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Note that in order to manage his cafe, you either need to be a PR or you must have a work permit. To get a work permit you need an approved LMIA.

For this to help you in any way with PR, you need to have a job offer and approved LMIA. However this will by no means guarantee you will qualify for PR or be selected.

Make sure you don't start doing any work of any kind for the business (even unpaid) until you have an approved work permit. Doing any kind of work ahead of having an approved work permit (or PR) will be working illegally and will put you in a position where you could be removed from Canada.

Given your age and nationality, I would also suggest you look into the working holiday visa program that would allow you to work in Canada temporarily. This is likely the far easier route at this point than PR or an LMIA-based work permit.

I currently have a work permit till 2019 and have just started as his manager but he wants to leave me 1/2 of his business due to retiring but im unsure how i will be able to do this or what visa to even apply for