+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parking ticket - pass not in dashboard but in pocket

meandmyson

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hi friends,

I got a ticket in one of Mississauga condos for parking without the pass on the dashboard. I had the pass in my pocket which I forgot to place on the dashboard. The parking officer there was so rude when I told him about this and told me to go to provincial office <not sure why he was so rude :) >

I have applied for screening. Just wanted to know if there are chances of the penalty getting cancelled when I go for the hearing. This is my first ticket and hence wanted to know if anyone had similar experience.

I still have the parking pass with me as proof.

Thanks in advance.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Why are you going for a hearing? Just pay the fine. Because obviously you are supposed to put the ticket on the dashboard otherwise how would the parking officer know you paid for parking.

meandmyson

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
@Wonderland_1010, I agree I got the fine for not displaying the pass on the dashboard - am not complaining for that. However, I have the pass for the parking spot so wouldn't the screening officer consider this situation and cancel the penalty?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Who issued the ticket? if private company, throw it in the trash.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If the parking ticket from a division of the government and not a private company I believe the small print somewhere specifies that if you don't display your ticket properly or not display the ticket at all it is your fault and it will be considered like you didn't buy a ticket. The ticket shouldn't be too much. Taking time off work to go to court is usually more expensive without any guarantees that you will get off.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
I am inclined to agree with just paying the ticket, unless there is some pre hearing appeals process, by fax or email or something. My guess is that the ticket has to be on display. If not, your fault in which case it is likely you will loose the hearing as well. Waste of time.

Good luck

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi friends,

I got a ticket in one of Mississauga condos for parking without the pass on the dashboard. I had the pass in my pocket which I forgot to place on the dashboard. The parking officer there was so rude when I told him about this and told me to go to provincial office <not sure why he was so rude :) >

I have applied for screening. Just wanted to know if there are chances of the penalty getting cancelled when I go for the hearing. This is my first ticket and hence wanted to know if anyone had similar experience.

I still have the parking pass with me as proof.

Thanks in advance.
Take a copy of the parking pass with you when you go to contest the ticket...they will waive the fine. The entire process should take 30 minutes or so.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Since it is your first mistake and you still paid for the parking, there is a very good chance of the penalty being dropped. You just have to decide if spending time towards the hearing is worth it. Also, for future reference, if you ever receive a ticket from a private parking authority, you can throw it in trash.