+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PARIS: Approved Online Visa: Passport Return Times - NO RETURN ENVELOPE ENCLOSED

A8a

May 8, 2015
Hello,

After receiving an email which said that my Online Visitor Visa was approved, they asked me to send my passport to the indicated address in Paris. I did it, BUT... I didn't enclose a return envelope, which allows them to send it back to me.

What should I do in this case?
Am I supposed to send an envelope now? Should I wait for them to send the passport to me + the return shipping costs?
How can I know when I will get back the passport? They received it on 27th of April!!

Thank you for your help!!

capdail2006

Jun 27, 2015
I have the same situation - did not enclose a return envelope when sending my passport to the Canadian Embassy in Paris for a short stay visa (the letter I received which instructed me to send the passport to Paris did not mention the need to enclose a return envelope.) What should I do in this case? Only 1 work day has passed since my passport was delivered to the Embassy in Paris.
Thank you.

capdail2006

Jun 27, 2015
I was in the same situation.

Future applicants may benefit from the following information:

I've sent my passport (without a return envelope enclosed) to Paris from Spain.

It took 1 week for my passport to reach the Embassy using registered urgent service mail (trackable envelope with the public service mail, not with a courier).

It then took 1 week for Embassy to mail it back to me (during that week, there was a one day public holiday in Canada).

Then the Embassy sent it back to Spain using registered mail (trackable envelope), but not with urgent service. It took 8 days for the envelope to reach me in Spain.

The short stay visit visa expiry date is the same as my passport expiry date.

leginjones

Jul 21, 2015
Hi capdail2006,

Could you clarify for me -

1) How many working days the embassy held your passport before sending it by registered post?
2) Did they acknowledge that they received your passport
3) Did they inform you the post tracking number when they posted it?
4) Do they send email to inform the above points 2 and 3.

Much appreciate your reply!

Thanks,
Legin

capdail2006

Jun 27, 2015
The Embassy in Paris held my passport for 4 working days before sending it back with the visa via registered post.

They did not acknowledge that they received my passport (this was not really necessary anyway: I could see through the online registered mail tracking when I sent my passport that it had reached them on a certain date)

They informed me about the post tracking number when they posted it back to me (I had contacted them earlier through an official webpage called "Case-Specific Inquiry" and they informed me about the tracking number in their response to that query)

All of this was done by email.