+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Passport Request - September 19 - Question

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Good Day

It's with shaking hands that I am typing this email. After complaining for weeks on end about the long waiting time of visa processing I have JUST (FINALLY) received a message in my IRCC account with the following subject line "Original Passport Request - September 19, 2017 " attached was this document.

QUESTION

1. Does this mean my application has been been APPROVED, and I will be getting my visa?
2. Is there the possibility for some other checks / documents etc when I send my passport which might cause further delays or is this unlikely assuming everything is correct on my side?
3. My house is literally less than a 10-min walk from local VAC and Canadian Embassy, would this speed up the process since I live close by?
If you would have to take a guess how long will it take to get the visa in my passport and my passport back to me? I'm asking because I urgently need to start looking at flights, a rough estimate guess would be much appreciated?

Thanks Everyone For All The Ongoing Help.

Any knowledge I pickup / will pick up I will be sure to share on this wonderfull forum as all the other friendly people on here has done.

Also BIG shout out to Bryanna assuming this means I am getting the visa....?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh no. You're doing this yet again :p

Keep it simple :)

Don't second guess :)

Don't read too much into a passport request :)

Go with the flow (and with IRCC's request) :)

Think positive :)

3. My house is literally less than a 10-min walk from local VAC and Canadian Embassy, would this speed up the process since I live close by?
Are you kidding (this question)?

If you would have to take a guess how long will it take to get the visa in my passport and my passport back to me? I'm asking because I urgently need to start looking at flights, a rough estimate guess would be much appreciated?
We're not helping you with this guess.

Run or walk to the VAC tomorrow. Submit your passport (with the passport request letter + VFS fees). Don't think about the visa printing until VFS calls you to collect your processed passport

Cheers

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Don't read too much into a passport request
Come on Bryanna you cant say this without at least giving me a hint of advise, does this usually mean the visa is approved? (im begging ya) I mean come on I gotta make arrangements....In most cases I assume it is a yes, right since on my IRCC dashboard they said we reached a decision on your application, so they wouldn't ask for my passport if it was a no right...

Also do you happen to know where they print the visa, is it in country of residence or does it get mailed off to Canada?

PS you were right I filled a web-form where I selected applied OUTSIDE of Canada they mailed back within hours (AMAZING) and thats when I got my passport submission letter. (Despite getting a disheartening we will get back to you in 26-days notice after I sent the web-form, lucky...?Maybe)

(I replied to a different threat where the email I received said among others there were technical difficulties with their system hench longer than usual wait for some!)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Come on Bryanna you cant say this without at least giving me a hint of advise, does this usually mean the visa is approved? (im begging ya) I mean come on I gotta make arrangements...
My previous post hints at a *visa approval*. See this:
Don't think about the visa printing until VFS calls you to collect your processed passport

Also do you happen to know where they print the visa, is it in country of residence or does it get mailed off to Canada?
The visa will be printed by the visa office that's 10 minutes from where you live!!

But don't make any arrangements/don't book flights until you get your passport back. This is general advice

Reactions: anonymous88

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
My previous post hints at a *visa approval*. See this:

The visa will be printed by the visa office that's 10 minutes from where you live!!

But don't make any arrangements/don't book flights until you get your passport back. This is general advice
Thanks Bryanna you really have been very helpful wish I could send you a bottle of whiskey or something, but bottle will get smashed in post. Guess all I can say is thanks again...

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
@Bryanna you laughed and made a sarcastic joke when I mentioned this. I submitted my passport on the day I received my letter 19-Sep and Got My passport returned with MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA (good for 10-years) the next day on the 20th sooooo maybe it did make a difference ;);)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna you laughed and made a sarcastic joke when I mentioned this. I submitted my passport on the day I received my letter 19-Sep and Got My passport returned with MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA (good for 10-years) the next day on the 20th sooooo maybe it did make a difference ;);)
No, you living almost next door to the visa office did NOT make a difference.

The VAC did not rush your passport to the visa office as soon as you submitted it. All passports received during the day are bagged together.

The visa office received your passport early on September 19 evening.... visa stamping was done on September 20 during the day.... and dispatched to the VAC the same afternoon.

Congrats on getting the TRV. Aren't you glad you did not withdraw your TRV application? :p

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Congrats on getting the TRV. Aren't you glad you did not withdraw your TRV application? :p
@Bryanna Yes I am, and I have you to thank for not withdrawing, so thanks buddy.
With that being said riddle me this. I know of people who are in a much stronger financial situation and life situation then I am (Im doing okay just they doing better) yet they got refused or only got a single entry. I guess my question is how big a role does luck play in this whole process in your opinion?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I'm not Bryanna, but I do think luck plays a significant part. IRCC has mandates and guidelines for its officers to follow to approve a TRV--which is what the seniors on this forum play by when they give general advice--but you could also get lucky that your file gets to an officer who interprets the rules generously in your favor.

Reactions: Bryanna

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I'm not Bryanna, but I do think luck plays a significant part. IRCC has mandates and guidelines for its officers to follow to approve a TRV--which is what the seniors on this forum play by when they give general advice--but you could also get lucky that your file gets to an officer who interprets the rules generously in your favor.
Which begs the question why not automate the process via computer system or just enforce basic MUST have requirements so both officers and applicants knows whats going on.

Im sorry I got my visa and Im pretty happy but im still just kinda baffled by the whole Canadian immigration / application process.