+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPEN WORK PERMIT

asish ashil

Mar 17, 2011
:( HELLO I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK, I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY OPEN WORK PERMIT FOR MY COMMON LAW PARTNER, I HAVE BEEN WORKING AS MANAGER IN A RESTAURANT FOR LAST 2 YEARS AND MY PARTNER AS FOOD COUNTER ATTENDENT BOTH OF US WERE ON WORK PERMIT SO APPLIED FOR EXTENSION BUT FOR MY WIFE SHE GOT VISITORS VISA INSTEAD OF WORK PERMIT, SOME CONFUSAL BY IMMIGRATION EVEN THOUGH SHE ATTACHED THE JOB OFFER LETTER. AND FOR MY EXTENSION STILL UNDER PROCESS. I DONT HAVE ANY STATUS YET BUT HOW CAN I STOP MY WIFE FROM LEAVING THIS COUNTRY WHEN HER VISITOR VISA EXPIRES, I HAVE ALSO APPLIED FOR PR TO BUFFALO UNDER PNP PROGRAM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you list each other as common law partners on your initial work permits? If not, you will have to prove that you are. Fill out a declaration of common law relationship, attach some documentation like both your names on the lease, mutual bills maybe, use a change of status form to apply for her open permit and send a copy of your permit as well.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
hello...my husband's holding a working visa in ontario, under NOC 7245 Telecommunications/ Line cable worker, is he eligible to apply for an open work permit for me? i'm here in the philippines. thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for an open work permit for yourself. You need a copy of your husbands work permit and your marriage certificate and you need to show that you have strong ties and will not overstay in Canada.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
Leon said:
You can apply for an open work permit for yourself. You need a copy of your husbands work permit and your marriage certificate and you need to show that you have strong ties and will not overstay in Canada.
thanks for the quick reply...is there any links where i can go directly to look for the procedures in applying for an open wrk permit?because i can't find the whole application process in CIC website.The application should be sent there in canada or i can send them here in our visa office? thanks so much :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Instructions and forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

In "Details of intended work in Canada", put "open work permit" and write "not applicable" for everything else except you can put down the town and province where your husband is.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
Leon said:
Instructions and forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

In "Details of intended work in Canada", put "open work permit" and write "not applicable" for everything else except you can put down the town and province where your husband is.
thanks ha... :)

kbuy

Sep 18, 2011
hi, i need a favor ... im looking for a job ( noc 7245 ) , but im not in canada , im living in s america.
I got certifications, years of work etc etc, and i see that your husband is working in a company with this noc , so how can you tell me how did he get that job ?, because im aplying and applying and nothing. thanks a lot and i wait for answer

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
kbuy said:
hi, i need a favor ... im looking for a job ( noc 7245 ) , but im not in canada , im living in s america.
I got certifications, years of work etc etc, and i see that your husband is working in a company with this noc , so how can you tell me how did he get that job ?, because im aplying and applying and nothing. thanks a lot and i wait for answer
yes you can check job bank... you can find the job advertisement there... ;D

onang_0120

Apr 24, 2011
I am a TFW and my work permit expired last August 31, 2011. I already applied for a restoration status and an application for an open work permit since my common law partner is a skilled worker here in Canada, but it will take 74 days before i get a result from the immigration.
Is it possible for to cross the border to have an Open work permit?Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are visa exempt, you can flagpole at the border, showing your spouses work permit and marriage certificate to prove that you are entitled to an open work permit but if you have already applied through the mail, I don't know if you can still go to the border.

onang_0120

Apr 24, 2011
Thank you for a quick reply Leon. We are on a status of a common-law partner. What are the documents that i should bring in the border? I really want to cross the border to have an open permit instead of waiting for 74 days. I just sent my application of an Open work permit and restoration status last Sept 16,2011 thru mail.
Will they consider my application of an open work permit in the border even if my work permit is already expired?
Onang

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
hi there leon...

just some questions, if the expiry of work permit is on oct. 2012, when is the best time to start processing it's renewal? what about the holder of the spouse open work permit (must be after the renewal of the principal's spouse work permit?) ? ::) ::)

kbuy

Sep 18, 2011

yes you can check job bank... you can find the job advertisement there...

Well; i did it but it's not easy at all, i think with my noc number they can find a lot of people in the country, that's why nobody answer my email ( that's what i think), hopefully i'm wrong....
At the same time i believe that's a lot better to get a flying ticket with a tourist visa and see the jobs in person and then try to get the work visa, please correct me if am i wrong...
Thanks for everything.

leonice

Mar 23, 2012
Hi Faithyou!

I have the same concern..just wanna ask if you have got any answers for this.and about the spousal open work permit?thanks in advance