+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit

kia1281

Aug 6, 2017
I have V1 visa expiring on sept 2019 and my family (mom and brothers)has permament resident visa, I just want to ask if I'm qualified for open

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I have V1 visa expiring on sept 2019 and my family (mom and brothers)has permament resident visa, I just want to ask if I'm qualified for open
You need to be more specific for anyone to comment. A visitor visa doesnt qualify you for anything other than visiting

Reactions: kia1281

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are here as a visitor and your parents and siblings are PRs - no, you do not qualify for an open work permit.

kia1281

Aug 6, 2017
skylla, thanks for clearing that. I am planning to apply to have an open work visa, I have a job with NOC skill level 0 (Banking, Credit and other investment managers) . I tried reading on other blog sites and seems I can qualify for an open work visa, took the qualifier tool in cic.gc.ca and I'm qualified too! but seems like from the threads here- I dont qualify for one, most of open visa applicants are spouse of a student or a temporary worker.

kia1281

Aug 6, 2017
skylla, thanks for clearing that. I am planning to apply to have an open work visa, I have a job with NOC skill level 0 (Banking, Credit and other investment managers) . I tried reading on other blog sites and seems I can qualify for an open work visa, took the qualifier tool in cic.gc.ca and I'm qualified too! but seems like from the threads here- I dont qualify for one, most of open visa applicants are spouse of a student or a temporary worker.
hmmm one last question:
one of the qualifier to apply for a open worl permit is a person should have
"Some temporary resident permit holders". Does visitors visa qualify as temporary resident permit?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hmmm one last question:
one of the qualifier to apply for a open worl permit is a person should have
"Some temporary resident permit holders". Does visitors visa qualify as temporary resident permit?
You don't qualify for an OWP. If the online tool is telling that you do, you are answering questions incorrectly. If you want to apply for a work permit, the employer offering you this job must obtain a positive LMIA. As the LMIA process takes months, has strict requirements and costs them $1000, very few employers are actually willing to do this.

A Temporary Resident Permit, TRP, is a special permit allowing inadmissible people to come to Canada. You do not have a TRP.