+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit

eji

Jun 16, 2008
Hi am new here. Am in Canada on a work permit with my kids. My hubby applied for visitors visa after we arrived and has just been refused for the second time. we have beena adviced by friends for hubby to apply for a open work permit, what do people think? and what are his chances. I am a skilled worker

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your work permit is skill level A, O or B, he has a chance, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/work-faq08.asp

eji

Jun 16, 2008
Thank you leon for your reply. I was looking at the requirments for the workers visa and it states that they want a letter from a employer in canada. My hubby has not found a job yet, will this be a problem? By the way i am a registered nurse over here, so my hubby i believe could get a open work permit. So does he leave the part of the form that wants Canadian employer details blank? Do i need to write a letter to support my husbands application? if yes than what do i need to write? thanks again

kunjal2511

Aug 8, 2016
Hi,
Did you get open work permit ?? I also want to apply open work permit for my wife. Can you help me out ??