+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Work Permit Application timeline for India?

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi Guys,

I am from India.

My lawyer from Canada has filed for my Work Permit on 02nd Sept, 2017 through Online post Positive LMIA.

I dont have an access to the login details to check the status of my application as my Lawyer has the common login details for all their clients.

Can anyone please let me know tentatively by when can I hear a positive reply from the CIC as I have my joining date at Work as 01st November.

@scylla and all senior members of the Forum your reply would be much appreciated.

I call +1-613-944-4000 from India everyday which is costing me a FORTUNE to know the status from the automated voice system but it just says one thing that they are reviewing the application and would contact me once they have the decision.

Any reply from the members of the Forum would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Online application takes 84 days whereas paper based application takes around 114 or 118 days if application submitted after may. This is told by call centre agents when i called on cic contact number

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

PoojaO

May 31, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am from India.

My lawyer from Canada has filed for my Work Permit on 02nd Sept, 2017 through Online post Positive LMIA.

I dont have an access to the login details to check the status of my application as my Lawyer has the common login details for all their clients.

Can anyone please let me know tentatively by when can I hear a positive reply from the CIC as I have my joining date at Work as 01st November.

@scylla and all senior members of the Forum your reply would be much appreciated.

I call +1-613-944-4000 from India everyday which is costing me a FORTUNE to know the status from the automated voice system but it just says one thing that they are reviewing the application and would contact me once they have the decision.

Any reply from the members of the Forum would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!
Use Hangout app to call Canada. It will be free..

Reactions: Swapna26

akshaym

Sep 16, 2017
Hi all,

Got an email from High Commission in New Delhi stating that they have received too many application in June and July and their capacity has exceeded to process them within the processing time.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
@akshaym ...Thanks for the info bro....But on what date have you filed for Work Permit and was it online or offline? Is it Lmia exempt? So any tentitive timeline by when would they revert? As just wondering if still June ans July cases are pending then mine is filed in Sept by when I will get the revert....

Which Province and on what NOC you are going bro?

Your reply would be much appreciated....

Lets keep our fingers crossed and have faith in God!!!

Cheers!!!

akshaym

Sep 16, 2017
@akshaym ...Thanks for the info bro....But on what date have you filed for Work Permit and was it online or offline? Is it Lmia exempt? So any tentitive timeline by when would they revert? As just wondering if still June ans July cases are pending then mine is filed in Sept by when I will get the revert....

Which Province and on what NOC you are going bro?

Your reply would be much appreciated....

Lets keep our fingers crossed and have faith in God!!!

Cheers!!!
Hi bunny,

I applied on July 17th. Online Lima based. Sorry bro there is not set time for the processing. Some get early and some applications get delayed due the reasons mentioned on the cic website. However, they try to do best to process but due to lack of capacity at different embassies and consulates the processing time differs.

Also, what I have seen is like mid year they receive more no of applications. You might hear from them somewhere around November.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers bro

duffy reddy

Sep 30, 2017
AOR Received.
29_march_18
Passport Req..
11_may_18
VISA ISSUED...
15 may 18
LANDED..........
25 JUNE
August 21st Bangalore......paper base work permit application
No update till today....19th oct 2017
lmia exempted............
Medical upfront

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
@akshaym ....

Hi Bro....

Any update on your Work Permit application as I can now see that CIC has reached the application which was filed on 17th July.

Do let me know whats the status.

Your reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Reactions: akshaym

akshaym

Sep 16, 2017
Hi Bunny
@akshaym ....

Hi Bro....

Any update on your Work Permit application as I can now see that CIC has reached the application which was filed on 17th July.

Do let me know whats the status.

Your reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi Bunny,

Nothing yet bro but i think its close by. I am desperately waiting to hear from them. I will update you as soon as I hear something.

kesh2k2

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-08-2017
August 21st Bangalore......paper base work permit application
No update till today....19th oct 2017
lmia exempted............
Medical upfront
what does medical upfront mean ? is it not the cic tell us when to do the medical and then the visa stamping?