+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

KingFloyd

Aug 9, 2017
Hello everyone. I plan on applying for OINP after getting a certificate of Qualifications from the College of Trades.I do not have a college degree.I only have 283 points on CRS. Do I have any chances of getting a OINP through my skilled trade (electrician) ?
Please help me so I don't waste my time and money.

eshbhav

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
22-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
28-Jan-2016
AOR Received.
22-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
27-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
07-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
hi,
I am a PR with OINP and want to check does OINP mandates to live as well as work in Ontario?

My current employer has an office in Montreal and there are chances that I can move internally (same employer) and continue my work in Canada.

So is it legit to work in Qubec and live in Ontario with OINP?

Appreciate quick help.

Thank you.

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello mcassim87,
Did you hear from ONIP yet?. As for me I'm still in DIP for 45 now. 75 days since I submitted my application and no nomination yet.
I pray we get our nominations soon.
Best Regards,

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
Hello mcassim87,
Did you hear from ONIP yet?. As for me I'm still in DIP for 45 now. 75 days since I submitted my application and no nomination yet.
I pray we get our nominations soon.
Best Regards,
I got this reply on Friday, apart from it, nothing else

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email,

Please note that the file referenced below has not been finalized yet.

Processing is taking longer than usual due to the large number of applications in our inventory.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) appreciates your patience as it works diligently to process the high-volume of applications received. You will be contacted should further information/documentation be required or once the decision will be made.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program

Thank you for your interest in the OINP

Regards,

dragab

Sep 15, 2017
I got this reply on Friday, apart from it, nothing else

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email,

Please note that the file referenced below has not been finalized yet.

Processing is taking longer than usual due to the large number of applications in our inventory.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) appreciates your patience as it works diligently to process the high-volume of applications received. You will be contacted should further information/documentation be required or once the decision will be made.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program

Thank you for your interest in the OINP

Regards,
I got the same reply, Does anyone know how long the final stage takes?when i called them, the operator told me your application is in the final statge under review of a senior officer.

kyewong

Sep 25, 2017
Anyone with 400+ is normally eligible to receive NOI. It was just in recent months that ICT workers were more likely to receive NOI, and in the last week of June, Ontario issued NOIs to ICT workers under 400. Unfortunately they paused the HCP stream on July 25, meaning that since then, they have not been issuing any NOIs, and even those of us with existing NOIs who missed the July 25 deadline cannot apply. With only 988 nominations for 2017 remaining as of September 11, it is unlikely that they will issue more NOIs this year. However, they will need to by January 25 because all existing NOIs will have expired by then and they will have 2018 quota.
My situation is quite similar to yours. I also missed the 7-25 opportunity as I was still preparing the documents. The waiting really suffers, any update or message on when the hcp stream registration will re-open?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
My situation is quite similar to yours. I also missed the 7-25 opportunity as I was still preparing the documents. The waiting really suffers, any update or message on when the hcp stream registration will re-open?
I feel your pain and suffering, very very acutely! Every day I hit the updates page multiple times, as well as having an automated visualping process, and I log in at least once a day to check if the HCP application button is still grayed out.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html
The last applications were submitted on August 6, and at least the processing times still say 30 to 60 days, so I hope at least there will be an update on the number of nominations remaining by October 10, when they should be updating their processing times. At that time we should have a better idea of when they will reopen HCP stream:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html

kyewong

Sep 25, 2017
I feel your pain and suffering, very very acutely! Every day I hit the updates page multiple times, as well as having an automated visualping process, and I log in at least once a day to check if the HCP application button is still grayed out.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html
The last applications were submitted on August 6, and at least the processing times still say 30 to 60 days, so I hope at least there will be an update on the number of nominations remaining by October 10, when they should be updating their processing times. At that time we should have a better idea of when they will reopen HCP stream:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html
Yeah, let's waittttttttttttttttttt&seeeeeeee

Ankv1978

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Helo all

I was just going through this forum so a question came to my mind.

Many ppl use the word "applying in OINP".
What does that mean.
As far as my case goes. My CRS is 408. The moment I crossed 400 mark my consultant resubmitted the profile in Fed Skill worker so that it comes ahead in the que. this was done in July 17.
now if Ontario find my profile interesting and NOC matching with their occupation in demand then they will issue NOI. then only I can apply for Ontario PNP.

Is my understanding correct or there's more to it??

Would appreciate revert.
Cheers.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Helo all

I was just going through this forum so a question came to my mind.

Many ppl use the word "applying in OINP".
What does that mean.
As far as my case goes. My CRS is 408. The moment I crossed 400 mark my consultant resubmitted the profile in Fed Skill worker so that it comes ahead in the que. this was done in July 17.
now if Ontario find my profile interesting and NOC matching with their occupation in demand then they will issue NOI. then only I can apply for Ontario PNP.

Is my understanding correct or there's more to it??

Would appreciate revert.
Cheers.
You are correct. You will need to receive NOI from Ontario before you can apply for OINP. Unfortunately as of July 25, Ontario has stopped issuing NOIs and taking applications even from those of us with NOIs for the HCP stream, so those of us with unexpired NOIs need to wait for them to reopen the HCP stream before we can apply. When they start issuing NOIs again, you should re-create your profile, because when they are issuing NOIs, they tend to favor recently created profiles.

Ankv1978

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
You are correct. You will need to receive NOI from Ontario before you can apply for OINP. Unfortunately as of July 25, Ontario has stopped issuing NOIs and taking applications even from those of us with NOIs for the HCP stream, so those of us with unexpired NOIs need to wait for them to reopen the HCP stream before we can apply. When they start issuing NOIs again, you should re-create your profile, because when they are issuing NOIs, they tend to favor recently created profiles.
Thanks for reply.
Unfortunately my profile will expire this November. So I will hv to re create in December. Also I will slip back by 5 points due to age advancement :(:eek:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks for reply.
Unfortunately my profile will expire this November. So I will hv to re create in December. Also I will slip back by 5 points due to age advancement :(:eek:
Let's hope OINP will reopen before your or my NOIs expire, but don't worry, you will still be 400+ after your birthday, so you can reasonably easily get a new NOI after they resume issuing NOIs. I'm not so lucky. I will drop 11 points to 399 on my birthday in February. Unless they start issuing NOIs to ICT workers under 400 again as they did in the last week of June, I will no longer be eligible to receive NOI.

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Hi,

My EE profile was created on 1st August 2017. Is it required to recreate my profile just to be sure that I will get NOI if OINP opens again ?

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi,

My EE profile was created on 1st August 2017. Is it required to recreate my profile just to be sure that I will get NOI if OINP opens again ?
No need to do it now. Wait for OINP to re-open for issuing NOI. They will update it on their website as to when they will re-open. Once they update, that is when you shall need to recreate your profile.

Till then, Keep Calm & Keep Checking!!