Interview........
no
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
I have applied for my Son OCI card and Would like to know Current time lines.
I have Plans for India in May.
Please help me with your timelines so that I wil have some understading when I will get my OCI Card.,

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for my wife's OCI around Feb 12th, 2015. She should have her passport this week as we submitted it last week for the sticker to be put on. We already had the surrender certificate when I submitted the application.

thanks

jaihanuman said:
I have applied for my Son OCI card and Would like to know Current time lines.
I have Plans for India in May.
Please help me with your timelines so that I wil have some understading when I will get my OCI Card.,

krrpnr

Dec 11, 2013
hi balaji
is the spouse name on my passport & viceversa must?? if not, what are the options if you had come across it?

Thanks

BalajiR said:
I applied for my wife's OCI around Feb 12th, 2015. She should have her passport this week as we submitted it last week for the sticker to be put on. We already had the surrender certificate when I submitted the application.

thanks

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krrpnr said:
hi balaji
is the spouse name on my passport & viceversa must?? if not, what are the options if you had come across it?

Thanks
It is not mandatory - if you don't have your spouse's name in your passport, you need to get the Indian marriage certificate authenticated by MEA or a Canadian marriage certificate authenticated by Official Document Services.

jaihanuman

Nov 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
30-01-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
My Child OCI card status updated at Passport India website as

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 20-APR-2015
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received TORONTO On

How much more time it will take to come those documents to Toronto Office?

Do I need to submit my Child Passport now at BLS or after status updated to Document received at Toronto?

Please help me.

Daya1

May 1, 2015
Here OCI is timeline
Date of Acknowledgement: March 30, 2015
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On April 30-2015
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 6-MAY-2015
Document received At Toronto On 15-MAY-2015
Sent Passport at BLS: May 19, 2015
OCI with passport picked - 29-MAY-2015

DilipJoshi

Jul 27, 2016
Does anyone have current timeline and process for OCI card to be received from New Delhi to Toronto?

I understand that once the documents are processed and dispatched from New Delhi, it should be here in couple of business days. This is what it is showing on OCI Status Tracking at MOIA, New Delhi:

Acknowledgement Date: Jul 5, 2016
Processed Date: Jul 19, 2016
Dispatched Date: Jul 23, 2016
Received Toronto: <blank>

Today is Jul 27, and nothing showing. Worried as I have a trip coming up in two weeks. Does anyone one know how long it really takes from dispatch in New Delhi and receiving in Toronto? Wondering if I can go Consulate and pick it up there?

Also, process of pick up is not clear since change of rules to NOT put the sticker on passport. Some tell me that we have to submit our passport and it takes a week to get them returned. Others say that no need to submit the passport, just walk in to BLS office, show passport and pick up new OCI card. What is the process, once it shows arrived in Toronto?

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What happens after the passport gets expired? Does the OCI card is transferred to the new passport? How much does it cost to do so?

DilipJoshi

Jul 27, 2016
canadaon said:
What happens after the passport gets expired? Does the OCI card is transferred to the new passport? How much does it cost to do so?
Immigration Officer at port of entry in India, have been instructed by the Ministry of External Affairs, that they do NOT need to see your passport, and only check for valid OCI card as basis of entry, ignoring the passport number on the card. But as additional safety, you can carry with you the old passport with OCI stamp with you. http://nriinformation.com/articles4/index_htm_files/UVisa_Transfer_MHA_Circular_U.pdf

It is not mandatory, but you can apply for "OCI miscellaneous application", to have passport number changed in the OCI Card. They do not stamp OCI sticker in the passport anymore.

Hope that helps.

DilipJoshi

Jul 27, 2016
DilipJoshi said:
Does anyone have current timeline and process for OCI card to be received from New Delhi to Toronto?

I understand that once the documents are processed and dispatched from New Delhi, it should be here in couple of business days. This is what it is showing on OCI Status Tracking at MOIA, New Delhi:

Acknowledgement Date: Jul 5, 2016
Processed Date: Jul 19, 2016
Dispatched Date: Jul 23, 2016
Received Toronto: <blank>

Today is Jul 27, and nothing showing. Worried as I have a trip coming up in two weeks. Does anyone one know how long it really takes from dispatch in New Delhi and receiving in Toronto? Wondering if I can go Consulate and pick it up there?

Also, process of pick up is not clear since change of rules to NOT put the sticker on passport. Some tell me that we have to submit our passport and it takes a week to get them returned. Others say that no need to submit the passport, just walk in to BLS office, show passport and pick up new OCI card. What is the process, once it shows arrived in Toronto?
Here is the complete updated timeline for OCI process submitted through BLS office in Brampton:

Submitted at BLS: - Jun 23, 2016
Acknowledgement Date - Jul 5, 2016
Processed (Delhi) - Jul 19, 2016
Dispatched (Delhi) - Jul 23, 2016
Received Toronto - Jul 29, 2016
Home (in Fedex) - Aug 2, 2016 (in transit, will be received by 8 pm Aug 2)

So the entire process from date of submission to date updated document received at home is 6 weeks, which is exactly what the lady at BLS counter told us on day one of submission - kudos to BLS - I am impressed. From date of acknowledgement, it is only 4 weeks document would be in the hand.

Also, the courier fees you pay originally ($35 something plus HST), includes courier delivery of BOTH the original documents, as well as courier delivery of the new OCI card to home address.

Additionally, there is no need to return or cancel the old OCI card, as per the Customer Service. We can just keep it. Considering all that, they really have simplified the whole process. If only they had communicated this clearly, there would be no anxiety. I still give credit to BLS for simplified process. Hope this helps future readers of this thread.

neethak

Apr 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
June 22, 2015
Med's Done....
March 19, 2015
Here is the complete updated timeline for OCI process submitted through BLS office in Brampton:

Submitted at BLS: - Jun 23, 2016
Acknowledgement Date - Jul 5, 2016
Processed (Delhi) - Jul 19, 2016
Dispatched (Delhi) - Jul 23, 2016
Received Toronto - Jul 29, 2016
Home (in Fedex) - Aug 2, 2016 (in transit, will be received by 8 pm Aug 2)

So the entire process from date of submission to date updated document received at home is 6 weeks, which is exactly what the lady at BLS counter told us on day one of submission - kudos to BLS - I am impressed. From date of acknowledgement, it is only 4 weeks document would be in the hand.

Also, the courier fees you pay originally ($35 something plus HST), includes courier delivery of BOTH the original documents, as well as courier delivery of the new OCI card to home address.

Additionally, there is no need to return or cancel the old OCI card, as per the Customer Service. We can just keep it. Considering all that, they really have simplified the whole process. If only they had communicated this clearly, there would be no anxiety. I still give credit to BLS for simplified process. Hope this helps future readers of this thread.
Thanks for this post - good to know that you received in 6 weeks.

Does anyone have a recent timeline for OCI application? Please post if so.

Submitted at BLS: - July 5, 2017
Acknowledgement Date - Jul 14, 2017

umesharya

Sep 27, 2011
Here is the recent timeline for OCI process submitted through BLS office in Brampton:

Submitted at BLS: - Aug 2, 2017
Acknowledgement Date - Aug 14, 2017
Processed (Delhi) - Sep 8, 2017
Dispatched (Delhi) - Sep 11, 2017
Received Toronto - Sep 19, 2017
Home (in Purolator) - Sep 20, 2017

MaheshS

Nov 14, 2017
Here is the recent timeline for OCI process submitted through BLS office in Brampton:

Here is my recent timeline

Submitted at BLS: - Sep 15, 2017
Acknowledgement Date - Oct 06, 2017
Processed (Delhi) - Nov 31, 2017
Dispatched (Delhi) - Nov 01, 2017
Received Toronto - Nov 09, 2017
Home (in Purolator) - (expected to ship by Nov 16,2017)

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Could anyone please post the OCI recent timelines ?? We recieved acknowledgement on 14 th Feb. We are travelling on April 2 nd. Just wondering if we need to apply for e-visa for my kid

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
Could anyone please post the OCI recent timelines ?? We recieved acknowledgement on 14 th Feb. We are travelling on April 2 nd. Just wondering if we need to apply for e-visa for my kid
Can you post your timelines please?
Much appreciated.
Thanks