+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtaining a Police Certificate from Ethiopia

luppal

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,

I would like obtain a police certificate from Ethiopia and currently reside in Canada. I would like to know waht the "applicable fee is". Immigration Canada has informed me that I will need to provide

- a original set of fingerprints taken by the police authority
- photocopies of pages of passport
- two passport-size photographs
- a letter from the Canadian Visa office requesting the certificate
- the applicable fees

I am wondering how much this fee is ? and who should a cheque be addressed to ?

If you are unsure of the answer. .. do you know who I could contact: an e-mail address?

sadMind

May 15, 2013
Where are you currently?

If in Ethiopia, you will need to go to Ethiopian Forensics Office which is located behind the Immigration Office, opposite to Postal Office, on Churchill Avenue. You must get the request forms from Embassy of Canada in Ethiopia in person. The Embassy is located at Sarbet, Old airport. Take a taxi from Mexico Secure to Sarbet/Old airport. Get that form, and give it to the Forensics office, they will take it from that end. You will get your result the same day or next day. Note that their working hour is from 8:30 a.m - 11.00 a.m, no office on Saturdays and Sundays. Once you get your result take it to the Embassy and give it to them.

I don't how much the applicable fee is, but you can ask by calling them. Their number is +251-(11)-317-0000, Email: addis@international.gc.ca

I think they don't accept Check, they accept only C.P.O ,usually address to " Embassy of Canada in Addis Ababa". The C.P.O must be made at Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa branch. This means the one near to National Theater.

Hope this helps.

CS100

Feb 17, 2014
Hello,

I also need an Ethiopian police check, but I am not in Ethiopia. I am in Vietnam, and there isn't an Ethiopian embassy anywhere near here. I've sent multiple emails to various Ethiopian/Canadian/American embassies and consulates with no replies. Does anyone have experience obtaining an Ethiopian police check from outside of Ethiopia, or know the "applicable fees"? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CS100 said:
Hello,

I also need an Ethiopian police check, but I am not in Ethiopia. I am in Vietnam, and there isn't an Ethiopian embassy anywhere near here. I've sent multiple emails to various Ethiopian/Canadian/American embassies and consulates with no replies. Does anyone have experience obtaining an Ethiopian police check from outside of Ethiopia, or know the "applicable fees"? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You should call the embassies instead of emailing them

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
Hi,

I would like obtain a police certificate from Ethiopia and currently reside in Canada. I would like to know waht the "applicable fee is". Immigration Canada has informed me that I will need to provide

- the applicable fees

I am wondering how much this fee is ? and who should a cheque be addressed to ?

If you are unsure of the answer. .. do you know who I could contact: an e-mail address?
Hi, it's long time since you post this. I am now having the same situation. Did you succeed doing that? Thanks.

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
can you tell me the procedure pls?
Hey there
can you can you make clear your question? if you are Ethiopian and you are here in Ethiopia then i don't thunk it is a question because i can get it from Ethiopian Forensics Office which is located behind the Immigration Office at anytime in working days . It only take two days and sometimes even one.you have to take the documents listed on the instruction give from the VO or Embassy together with the paper it self. i have taken mine around 2months ago.
but if you have some case specific situation or if you are not around, then elaborate your question so that people in the forum give their idea.

ferrhari

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hey there
can you can you make clear your question? if you are Ethiopian and you are here in Ethiopia then i don't thunk it is a question because i can get it from Ethiopian Forensics Office which is located behind the Immigration Office at anytime in working days . It only take two days and sometimes even one.you have to take the documents listed on the instruction give from the VO or Embassy together with the paper it self. i have taken mine around 2months ago.
but if you have some case specific situation or if you are not around, then elaborate your question so that people in the forum give their idea.
Thanks Buhe for the reply
I was able to get mine through a friend of mine
Regards

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Reactions: ferrhari

wendyhunde

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks Buhe for the reply
I was able to get mine through a friend of mine
Regards
Hey,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to ask you the process to get the letter from Canadian embassy which request to get the Police Certificate? do I have to show any invitation paper to Canada Embassy?

Thank you

ferrhari

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hey,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to ask you the process to get the letter from Canadian embassy which request to get the Police Certificate? do I have to show any invitation paper to Canada Embassy?

Thank you
Hi I did not seek any letter, i showed them the proof of invitation ITA and my travel proofs in passport to Ethiopia and wrote a letter asking for police certificate. You would just need someone who can get it done in person. and your fingerprint proofs.
Hope it helps.
Regards
Hari

Reactions: wendyhunde

wendyhunde

Mar 21, 2018
Hi I did not seek any letter, i showed them the proof of invitation ITA and my travel proofs in passport to Ethiopia and wrote a letter asking for police certificate. You would just need someone who can get it done in person. and your fingerprint proofs.
Hope it helps.
Regards
Hari
Thank you for your immediate response, actually I don't have ITA, I just want to finalize the police clearance certificate in advance to use my time, I am in the process of scholarship application process and I want to finalize this in advance.

I got below list of steps to be followed from Canadian website in order to obtain the police clearance certification, and getting the request letter from the embassy is the first step for the clearance letter. I just want to know the process on how to get this request letter from the embassy.

- the applicable fees

ferrhari

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thank you for your immediate response, actually I don't have ITA, I just want to finalize the police clearance certificate in advance to use my time, I am in the process of scholarship application process and I want to finalize this in advance.

I got below list of steps to be followed from Canadian website in order to obtain the police clearance certification, and getting the request letter from the embassy is the first step for the clearance letter. I just want to know the process on how to get this request letter from the embassy.

- the applicable fees
Hi
You seem to be applying for a student visa, so I am not sure about the process
But if you have got an admit with one of the universities why don't you use the same and take a copy of proof from website stating the requirement of PCC if you have stayed more than 6 months...I think that should do it.

cheers