+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Nothing -- still waiting. Is there somewhere ottawa applicants are reporting their oath? we have been waiting for oath for more than a month and half now.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing -- still waiting. Is there somewhere ottawa applicants are reporting their oath? we have been waiting for oath for more than a month and half now.

Only two ceremonies are scheduled for today.
    Address:
    Wellington St.
    Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0A4
    Date:
    Saturday July 01, 2017
    Time:
    1:30 PM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Address:
    1 Elgin Street
    Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5W1
    Date:
    Saturday July 01, 2017
    Time:
    4:00 PM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

You are almost there.
    Happy Canada Day!

QueenLeo

Jul 3, 2017
My friend and I took the test on the 8th of June at different times, she Got her letter for the 15th of July and I am still waiting for mine. the first time I called CIC, I was told that it could take up to 4 months and the last time I called again the agent told me that everything looks fine they're not asking for any other documents everything is finalized to just wait for it. Is it possible that they issue the letters by alphabetical order or maybe by the score you had on the test?

BTW: CIC's web site is not yet updated on the new test date(s).

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
How long after did you friend get her oath invitation? We are also waiting. Our application got finalized in I want to say mid June, so hoping we get an oath by end July.

THere are very few ottawans posting, can you keep in touch with me Queen Leo to let me know of your status,

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
It must be one of the worst waits of all times, keeping you waiting like this doesnt really care for people's freedom and time. My wife has passed the citizenship exam on March 9th and was told the ceremony will be scheduled withing 1-2 months. almost 4 months now and the status is still In Process!!
Fingerprints were requested and sent before the exam. Not sure if anyone is experiencing such a long wait and have terrible times dealing with it.
you can't schedule a vacation outside your country. We're also considering moving to a different location but waiting to finish this process as we dont want to go into the hassle of updating our application and getting lost in translation again !!! They really should be more considerate, I dont mind the wait if they say it will take 8 months but dont keep people waiting like this.

my 2 cents.
Thanks

Reactions: zineb83

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
It must be one of the worst waits of all times, keeping you waiting like this doesnt really care for people's freedom and time. My wife has passed the citizenship exam on March 9th and was told the ceremony will be scheduled withing 1-2 months. almost 4 months now and the status is still In Process!!
Fingerprints were requested and sent before the exam. Not sure if anyone is experiencing such a long wait and have terrible times dealing with it.
you can't schedule a vacation outside your country. We're also considering moving to a different location but waiting to finish this process as we dont want to go into the hassle of updating our application and getting lost in translation again !!! They really should be more considerate, I dont mind the wait if they say it will take 8 months but dont keep people waiting like this.

my 2 cents.
Thanks
and you also hear about other people who had the test with you and already got their ceremony which makes you wonder why did you do wrong and most likely its just because it depends on the officers, some are faster than others which lead to the point that no efforts were made to make this an equal process, first in, first out for standard applications at least.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep it positive Folks!
When your time comes, nobody will be able to stop you. Be calm and enjoy your last moment of being permanent resident.

Cheers,

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hello

ANy news on ottawa oath? someone one this forum said they had one scheduled for 15th. anymore?

Thanks for keeping us informed

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
Keep it positive Folks!
When your time comes, nobody will be able to stop you. Be calm and enjoy your last moment of being permanent resident.

Cheers,
Thanks. We try :). I just wish I understand how the process goes. How come some people who was tested at the same office, same time, has already got their invites 2 months ago while others keeps waiting. But anyways, we have nothing but to wait, but would be great if they were more accurate in estimating the time.
Thanks again.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am deeply sorry that at this time, there is no ceremony scheduled in Ottawa. However, I do believe that you guys will receive your invitation soon.

Sincerely,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,
Three ceremonies in Ottawa:
    Address:
    330 Sussex Drive
    Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 0C7
    Date: