+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So finally going to have oath in Ottawa next wk.

Few questions if anybody has been to Oath ceremony at Ottawa.

One of my 10 yrs old is also on application and letter says he can attend the ceremony but i have other one who is 5 and already a canadian citizen by birth so if i could take him if yes if he is allowed to sit with us and there will be no one else with us.

Thanks

S

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Does anybody knows how long it takes to have oath letter or further explanations after decision made?? I got a decision made today but no further explanations. I got a fingerprint request exactly 3 months ago and did my test exactly 4 months ago.

Desparado

Apr 15, 2011
Yes, it's ridiculous. Ottawa is very very slow in scheduling oath. I have been waiting since Jan 2016 for oath. More than 3 months and no word on oath and top of that only 1 Oath date in May :eek:? Seriously??? Ottawa, Capital of Canada, WAKE UP!!!!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desparado said:
Yes, it's ridiculous. Ottawa is very very slow in scheduling oath. I have been waiting since Jan 2016 for oath. More than 3 months and no word on oath and top of that only 1 Oath date in May :eek:? Seriously??? Ottawa, Capital of Canada, WAKE UP!!!!
Deeply sorry to hear that. However, the good news is the you are almost there and soon or later you will get it.
Cheers,

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi all

I applied on june 9th 2015
Made the test n interview on november 18th 2015
Requested to submit my fingerprints on january 20th 2016
Which i did on feb 1st (n i have no criminal records)

I feel frustrated that the year is about to end.. And a lot of those who applied after me r already citizens..
Any idea when i can expect any further step? Till now my ecas shows IN PROCCESS

Thanks

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Hi all

I applied on june 9th 2015
Made the test n interview on november 18th 2015
Requested to submit my fingerprints on january 20th 2016
Which i did on feb 1st (n i have no criminal records)

I feel frustrated that the year is about to end.. And a lot of those who applied after me r already citizens..
Any idea when i can expect any further step? Till now my ecas shows IN PROCCESS

Thanks
Hello,
Did you call cic? You could also Order CAIPS notes.
Good luck,

Desparado

Apr 15, 2011
8)Hi everyone

GOOD NEWS!!! Received letter for oath today to be held on May 25. So happy!!! Finally long wait for oath is over!!! Hope everyone who are waiting for oath get their letter soon.

D

Michael101

Jan 14, 2016
Desparado said:
8)Hi everyone

GOOD NEWS!!! Received letter for oath today to be held on May 25. So happy!!! Finally long wait for oath is over!!! Hope everyone who are waiting for oath get their letter soon.

D
Same here My friend, on May 25th, we will be in a same room ;D

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
One Question.

I am a Toronto Applicant. When we received oath, Does the ecas updates with 5th point or it just substitute the test invitation and become 4th point itself?

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simp said:
So finally going to have oath in Ottawa next wk.

Few questions if anybody has been to Oath ceremony at Ottawa.

One of my 10 yrs old is also on application and letter says he can attend the ceremony but i have other one who is 5 and already a canadian citizen by birth so if i could take him if yes if he is allowed to sit with us and there will be no one else with us.

Thanks

S
Hi,I'm not from Ottawa but when I took my oath,one man was with his 2 daughters as well. One daughter is maybe 8 or 9 and one is 5 or 6.....like yours,one is Canadian and one is attending her oath with the Father. He has no one with him too. CIC officer said it was OK for both his kids to be sitting with him. CIC officer later announced (for everyone ) that parents with their kids to please keep their kids as quiet as they can and if they feel that kids are disrupting the ceremony then parents can take their kids out for a few minutes but if the parent is the one taking oath,he/she has to make sure he's back in in time for the oath taking (reciting the oath of allegiance).
Congratulations and enjoy that momentous day!

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAEMON SALVATORE said:
One Question.

I am a Toronto Applicant. When we received oath, Does the ecas updates with 5th point or it just substitute the test invitation and become 4th point itself?
Yup. There will be a 5th line on your Ecas,stating your oath date and time.

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
stargazerlilly said:
Yup. There will be a 5th line on your Ecas,stating your oath date and time.
Thanks Stargazerlilly :) :) :)