+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Codes

levalencia

May 8, 2009
Hello, according to my experience I might apply under NOC Code 0213

0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers

However my experience has been more in the Programming, Architecting, Designing and Investigating Software but not as a manager.

If you go to this site. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0213

The first 4 main duties match what I have done in my current and past jobs. But my titles dont match EXACTLY 100% any of these titles, If I remove the word manager from these titles, I would match many of those titles. As I am an expert developer with 9 years of experience, designing, developing, and in architecture too.

* communication systems design manager
* computer and related services manager
* computer applications manager
* computer department co-ordinator
* computer development division head
* computer facility manager
* computer manager
* computer networks manager
* computer programs manager
* computer projects manager
* computer software design manager
* computer system operations manager
* computer systems development manager
* computer systems manager
* computerized information systems manager
* computerized technical information manager
* data centre manager
* data processing and systems analysis manager
* data processing director
* data processing manager
* data processing planning manager
* director of technology management
* director, data processing
* director, information systems development
* director, information systems operations
* director, software engineering
* EDP (electronic data processing) manager
* electronic data processing (EDP) manager
* information systems manager
* information technology (IT) development manager
* information technology (IT) integration manager
* Internet systems administrator
* IT (information technology) development manager
* IT (information technology) integration manager
* management information system (MIS) manager
* manager, computer and related services
* manager, computer application development
* manager, computer applications
* manager, computer facility
* manager, computer legacy systems
* manager, computer system operations
* manager, computer systems
* manager, computer systems development
* manager, computerized information systems
* manager, data centre
* manager, data processing
* manager, data processing and systems analysis
* manager, data processing planning
* manager, EDP (electronic data processing)
* manager, electronic data processing (EDP)
* manager, information systems
* manager, information technology (IT) implementation
* manager, information technology (IT) integration
* manager, IT (information technology) implementation
* manager, IT (information technology) integration
* manager, management information system (MIS)
* manager, MIS (management information system)
* manager, network design
* manager, software engineering
* manager, systems – computer systems
* manager, systems development – computer systems
* MIS (management information system) manager
* software development manager
* systems development manager
* systems development manager – computer systems
* systems implementation manager – computer systems
* systems integration manager – computer systems
* systems manager – computer systems
* systems operations manager – computer systems

I also saw in this page, at the end, there are other codes Classified elsewhere.

Definitely I would match 100% in some of these

* Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
* Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
* Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)
* Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)
* Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
* Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
* LAN managers (in 2281 Computer Network Technicians)
* Software Engineers and Designers (2173)

I need advice.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
CIC mostly sees the job description. As your job description matches (although partially) with the job titles given in 38 NOC list, this is a good news for you. If you did not apply yet, send application and see what happens.

syed

levalencia

May 8, 2009
Sincerely I dont believe it, I have seen many people that are developers, testers, architects that are applying under this NOC Code. even tough they have never been managers and they havent been denied.

I think this NOC code is very broad and covers too much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

levalencia said:
Sincerely I dont believe it, I have seen many people that are developers, testers, architects that are applying under this NOC Code. even tough they have never been managers and they havent been denied.

I think this NOC code is very broad and covers too much.
You may have seen lots apply, but since very few if any have received visas as yet it remains to be seen.

PMM

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
I think I am in same situation that levalencia is. I am not sure what to do....Also what are those other codes for?

* Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
* Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)

Can't we use any of those NOC Codes on form, if exactly matching with the experience?

Basically if there are only 38 NOC codes then what are above codes for?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Levalencis - PMM is correct. I think the biggest difference between 0213 and 2173/4 is whether one is a manager or not. If you remove the word manager and it fits your job description, then you are probably 2173/4 (i could be wrong). Lots of people applied but they have only gotten through the Sydney stage and at this stage they are not checking the description against what proof you give.

If you don't mind the risk of loosing the application money or getting it after 6months, I would suggest to apply and hope for the best but good chance you won't get through without having managed people before.

Tarun - those other codes are for the people who look at 0213 and think they are not quite 0213 so need to search out other NOC codes so CIC has made it easier by listing some similar codes. If you qualify under these codes and it is not one of the 38 then you don't qualify for FSW1. These codes exist because you can still get points from them but you cannot fulfill the ministerial criteria with them.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear levalencia
PMM & rupeshhari gave you detail idea. Now check your job description. If your job description covers the job of a manager, there may be a possibility to get positive result. Remember, Job description must be same or similar with any of the 38 NOC list.

Syed

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Many people are doing this mistake that they are applying under NOC 0213 without considering that this code is only reserves for mangers.
There are two things in 0213, JOB TITLE and JOB DESCRIPTION.
e.g an IT manger’s subordinate may perform most of the duties same as a manger do. In other words you can say job description is ALMOST same but JOB TITLE is different.

A

AFJAL

Hello Experts and Professionals,

I am in a situation where i need help for further steps !

sorry to bother you but i need information i am looking at this forum couple of months,

Here are my details:

I am an Indian Citizen, Living in USA on work permit (H1B visa)

I have applied for Canadian PR under Skilled Worker category, in Sep 2009, and i have received an email saying some number

(*Bxxxxxxxxx*) and here is the information in the email which i have got from " FSW-Centralized-Intake-Office "

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class on 18 September 2009.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 28, 2008. These instructions specify that only applicants who have an offer of Arranged Employment, applicants who are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student, or applicants who have work experience in certain listed occupations are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

You have not indicated in your application that you have an Arranged Employment Offer or that you are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student. Your application has therefore been assessed on the basis of whether you have work experience in the list of occupations eligible for processing. These occupations are identified by codes and described in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). You may access the list of eligible occupations at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

You have indicated that you have work experience in occupations with the following NOC codes: 2172- Programmer Analyst, Peoplesoft Administrator, 2173- System Engineer, Software Engineer. These occupations are not included on the list of eligible occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008.

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

The fees that you have paid are refundable. You will receive a cheque within eight to twelve weeks at the address provided in your application. If you have changed your address please advise us immediately of the new address. Address changes should be faxed to (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Please note: The Fax number listed above is solely for the purpose of providing an updated address. Any communication/queries other than an updated address to this Fax number will not be actioned.

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Class, you may qualify under another category. To learn more about your options, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

============

Now what is the procedure ?

1). Does that number (*Bxxxxxxxx*) in the email is my file no?
2). Should i apply with fresh application ? with update the NOC code?

Here is my job responsibilities:

ERP (Peoplesoft) Software, 3rd party software like COBOL, Java, installation, Create, Configuration, Administration, support applying updates(patches, bundles, fixes) to the existing software, Testing the installation, support to the development team issues.

these are my main duties,

i have applied with the NOC codes 2172 and 2173.

now what is the procedure/steps? should i apply again ?
or what can i do in this situation?

please advice/Help !

Thank You to all

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AFJAL said:
Hello Experts and Professionals,

I am in a situation where i need help for further steps !

sorry to bother you but i need information i am looking at this forum couple of months,

Here are my details:

I am an Indian Citizen, Living in USA on work permit (H1B visa)

I have applied for Canadian PR under Skilled Worker category, in Sep 2009, and i have received an email saying some number

(*Bxxxxxxxxx*) and here is the information in the email which i have got from " FSW-Centralized-Intake-Office "

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class on 18 September 2009.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 28, 2008. These instructions specify that only applicants who have an offer of Arranged Employment, applicants who are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student, or applicants who have work experience in certain listed occupations are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

You have not indicated in your application that you have an Arranged Employment Offer or that you are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student. Your application has therefore been assessed on the basis of whether you have work experience in the list of occupations eligible for processing. These occupations are identified by codes and described in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). You may access the list of eligible occupations at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

You have indicated that you have work experience in occupations with the following NOC codes: 2172- Programmer Analyst, Peoplesoft Administrator, 2173- System Engineer, Software Engineer. These occupations are not included on the list of eligible occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008.

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

The fees that you have paid are refundable. You will receive a cheque within eight to twelve weeks at the address provided in your application. If you have changed your address please advise us immediately of the new address. Address changes should be faxed to (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Please note: The Fax number listed above is solely for the purpose of providing an updated address. Any communication/queries other than an updated address to this Fax number will not be actioned.

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Class, you may qualify under another category. To learn more about your options, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

============

Now what is the procedure ?

1). Does that number (*Bxxxxxxxx*) in the email is my file no?
2). Should i apply with fresh application ? with update the NOC code?

Here is my job responsibilities:

ERP (Peoplesoft) Software, 3rd party software like COBOL, Java, installation, Create, Configuration, Administration, support applying updates(patches, bundles, fixes) to the existing software, Testing the installation, support to the development team issues.

these are my main duties,

i have applied with the NOC codes 2172 and 2173.

now what is the procedure/steps? should i apply again ?
or what can i do in this situation?

please advice/Help !

Thank You to all
1. If you don't have Managerial duties in 0213 you don't qualify. NOC 2172/73 are not eligible.
2. Yes that was your file no.

PMM

bangalg

Nov 26, 2009
TarunVerma said:
I think I am in same situation that levalencia is. I am not sure what to do....Also what are those other codes for?

Can't we use any of those NOC Codes on form, if exactly matching with the experience?

Basically if there are only 38 NOC codes then what are above codes for?
Hello,
Only 38 NOC codes are valid and in operation from Feb., 2008. There may be other NOC codes (2171/ 2173), but one can no longer apply under them. Those NOC codes have expired as far as post Feb-2008 applicants are concerned.

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Afjal, the response from CIC is self-explanatory. It clearly says that your job description and the NOC you have submitted with doesn't fit-in their list. If you want to apply again through FSW-1, you need to change your NOC to 0213 and your job description needs an extreme makeover and that needs to be backed-up by the right documents from your supervisors. If you can't do that, I would suggest you explore the other categories through which you may qualify for Canadian PR. Hope this helps.

Thank you.