+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no more two years work permit if you are studying in Toronto, Montreal or Vancou

Discussion in 'International Students' started by shahzad2002, Jul 19, 2011.

  1. Brothers.........................

    see this link than think about your decision.......

    Students who wish to obtain a work permit valid for up to two years must also meet the following criteria:

    have graduated from an institution outside the greater Montréal, Toronto or Vancouver areas
    have received a job offer for a position outside these areas
    have successfully completed a program of at least two years of full-time studies

  2. Post-Graduation Work permit
  3. Hell! i was beginning to worry.. thank god.. yeah work permit can be a problem.. but PGWP rules remain the same.

  4. so that means students who are going for 1 year program will still qualify for 1 year work permit?
  5. PGWP rule remains the same??
  6. http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
  7. hi all,

    What is the different Between ON & OFF campus works
    can any one tell that LSBF toronto has on-campuss work....

    thanks in advance...
  8. :mad: hi, can someone elaborate on actually what is Toronoto area, is it the city of toronto or more than that.
  9. Ok now i dont get this. We need to have a job offer as well to get the work permit?
    the requirements mentioned here are different than the ones that you said.
    im sort of confused :\
  10. To obtain a work permit after your graduation, you must meet the following requirements:

    You must have studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
    If in your last semester of study you are registered as a part-time student because you only need a few courses to graduate, but you have been studying full-time during your studies, you are eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
    In addition, you must have graduated from:
    a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec), or
    a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify), or
    Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees but only if you are enrolled in one of the programs of study leading to a degree as authorized by the province and not in all programs of study offered by the private institution.
    You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
    You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
    You must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.
  11. brother its already mention.............

    "student who wish to obtain..................."

    so it does not matter that PGWP.

    anywyas decision is urs
  12. on campus work is such type of work permit which we do inside the college.
    off campus is work which we do outside the college such as in any financial offices, bank, stores etc.

    Lsbf can give you on campus job but remember brother that lsbf is not government funded so you cannot apply PGWP after graduation.
  13. Why these two websites have two different requirements? :|


    I don't get it, which one is actually correct? :O
  14. http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/study/work-postgrad-who.asp any day over other links
  15. Thank you for the update.

Share This Page