+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Marriage Certificate for Parents TRV

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Hi,
I have a similar query re: the theme of this thread. My mum and dad were married in the 80s' and have lost their marriage certificate. What would be an alternative to meet the provision for Tourist/Visitors visa to Canada?

I've read some discussion on this forum about invitees birth certificate, their passports mentioning them as spouses. Does that suffice? Or do you recommend submitting affidavits from the court/notarised documentation? Pl advice.

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Thanks, the other thing I wanted to ask was what would be the best way to demonstrate property/non-liquid assets such as gold? Do we submit copies of the property papers? What about jewellery?

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hi,
I have a similar query re: the theme of this thread. My mum and dad were married in the 80s' and have lost their marriage certificate. What would be an alternative to meet the provision for Tourist/Visitors visa to Canada?

I've read some discussion on this forum about invitees birth certificate, their passports mentioning them as spouses. Does that suffice? Or do you recommend submitting affidavits from the court/notarised documentation? Pl advice.
hey rhukil, Please tell me the status, what documents did you submitted instead of marriage certificate. I have similar case here my parents doesn't have marriage certificate not sure what to do. please let me know thank you.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Your parents can get a notarized marriage affidavit stating that they were married on x date under y law (applicable act/law at that time) and have been living as a couple since x date (usually marriage date). That they are giving this declaration in lieu of marriage certificate etc.