+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerian MPNP applicants 2016!!! Let's discuss here

teecann

Nov 22, 2016
Good day to all my senior in the house,

I am planning to immigrate to canad with my family.

Initially, I wanted to raise money and go for an MBA as an international students (already preparing for GMAT) and hope to file for PR after the studies. But a friend that has settled in Ontario told me about this route- FSW/PNP (Federal skills worker programme and provincial nominee programme).

I delved into research immediately imdropped the call to my friend and I saw overwhelming load of information and I was like.."where have I been all these years...I have lost points on age and some other items because of being some 3 years late"

...anyways, to my application;

Pre-application prep.
-applying to WES to do the equivalency of my naija masters and that of my wife.
- preparing for IELTS in Lagos for January, 2017
-Tracking provincial nominee programmes opening

Application proper.
- Apply as principal applicant (PA) around Feb/March 2017
-start bombarding my seniors with enquiries from then on as to avoid unnecessary mistakes.

What I need to know;
- please what is AOR? (seniors, kindly use less of abbreviations and write some things out in full because newbies will still come and read this thread some 5 year's time and you make things easier for them with fully spelt out words)
- when do I need to get my employer's refrence letter.
- I cant find it anywhere that WAEC is needed, do I need to include WAEC for FSW?
-Does anyone know any good tuition in Ikeja, Lagos for IELTS test? (Do I really need it cos I honestly need to score high on the IELTS)

Thank you as I await your magnanimous support and responses.

teecann

Nov 22, 2016
teecann said:

Initially, I wanted to raise money and go for an MBA as an international students (already preparing for GMAT) and hope to file for PR after the studies. But a friend that has settled in Ontario told me about this route- FSW/PNP (Federal skills worker programme and provincial nominee programme).

I delved into research immediately imdropped the call to my friend and I saw overwhelming load of information and I was like.."where have I been all these years...I have lost points on age and some other items because of being some 3 years late"

Pre-application prep.

Application proper.
-start bombarding my seniors with enquiries from then on as to avoid unnecessary mistakes.

What I need to know;
- please what is AOR? (seniors, kindly use less of abbreviations and write some things out in full because newbies will still come and read this thread some 5 year's time and you make things easier for them with fully spelt out words)
- I cant find it anywhere that WAEC is needed, do I need to include WAEC for FSW?
-Does anyone know any good tuition in Ikeja, Lagos for IELTS test? (Do I really need it cos I honestly need to score high on the IELTS)

Addendum pls.
- what applications do people send to CIC-Ghana for processing, is that processing procedure still obtainable? I really dont understand this Ghana visa processing thing, does it relate to FSW processing or other temporary resident visas/study permits?

misscanada123

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teecann said:
Addendum pls.
- what applications do people send to CIC-Ghana for processing, is that processing procedure still obtainable? I really dont understand this Ghana visa processing thing, does it relate to FSW processing or other temporary resident visas/study permits?
FSW refers to the federal skilled worker immigration track.
Different provinces have different procedures as per their nomination program. I can't really educate you on it all because I don't know about them. You'd have to visit their individual websites to learn more.

I'm only knowledgeable about the manitoba provincial nomination program which this thread is about. You can check www.immigratemanitoba.com for details

Normally when one gets the nomination from Manitoba, they'd ask the applicant to then apply to CIC for their immigrant visa. So at the end of the day, it's Ghana office that processes the visa.

teecann

Nov 22, 2016
misscanada123 said:
FSW refers to the federal skilled worker immigration track.
Different provinces have different procedures as per their nomination program. I can't really educate you on it all because I don't know about them. You'd have to visit their individual websites to learn more.

I'm only knowledgeable about the manitoba provincial nomination program which this thread is about.

Normally when one gets the nomination from Manitoba, they'd ask the applicant to then apply to CIC for their immigrant visa. So at the end of the day, it's Ghana office that processes the visa.
Thanks MissCanada,

At least, you have reduced my questions by 10% (lolz), I'll check up Manitoba page that you provided.

Thank you.

misscanada123

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teecann said:

Pre-application prep.

Application proper.

What I need to know;

AOR means acknowledgement of receipt.
When to get your employment reference letter depends on which program you are applying for. For instance if you are going the EE route , you need to get the letter soon as you are invited to apply (ITA)
First thing you need for EE (I'm assuming it's your prefered route) is your WES and IELTS. I advise you get started with WES because it takes TIME.

As for IELTS, I don't know about tutorials. I bought the preparatory book that British council sells and also took advantage of the online practice test. The key is practice practice practice

teecann

Nov 22, 2016
misscanada123 said:
AOR means acknowledgement of receipt.
When to get your employment reference letter depends on which program you are applying for. For instance if you are going the EE route , you need to get the letter soon as you are invited to apply (ITA)
First thing you need for EE (I'm assuming it's your prefered route) is your WES and IELTS. I advise you get started with WES because it takes TIME.

As for IELTS, I don't know about tutorials. I bought the preparatory book that British council sells and also took advantage of the online practice test. The key is practice practice practice
Thanks.

I guess I'll go for the British Council practice pack and practice with the www. ieltsmaterial. com mocks.

God bless.

rebenny

Nov 25, 2016
Goodday to all members, please i need clarifications before sending application to cic from all senior members.

Nominated by Manitoba province, compiling forms to send to cic. would list my questions below, would appreciate if i get help from forum members, Olurotimi, Ayokunlex, and others please help.

1. Have made payments online and attached receipt to my application, Is it mandatory to still complete the fee payment form included in the checklist?
2. Should school certificates be included with my application?
3. When filling the generic form which category is more appropriate to select "skilled worker or Provincial Nominee"
4.Also on the IMMM0008_4e , its asking for provincal stream/category. ....( I filled it this way ( skilled worker overseas/Provincial Nominee)
Am not sure if this is appropiate.

would appreciate ur response to the questions above :D

misscanada123

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rebenny said:
Goodday to all members, please i need clarifications before sending application to cic from all senior members.

Nominated by Manitoba province, compiling forms to send to cic. would list my questions below, would appreciate if i get help from forum members, Olurotimi, Ayokunlex, and others please help.

1. Have made payments online and attached receipt to my application, Is it mandatory to still complete the fee payment form included in the checklist?
2. Should school certificates be included with my application?
3. When filling the generic form which category is more appropriate to select "skilled worker or Provincial Nominee"
4.Also on the IMMM0008_4e , its asking for provincal stream/category. ....( I filled it this way ( skilled worker overseas/Provincial Nominee)
Am not sure if this is appropiate.

would appreciate ur response to the questions above :D
Since no one has answered your question I'll make an attempt.
I think "Provincial Nominee " is where you belong.
I'd advise you follow the checklist strictly. If it doesn't ask for school certificates then don't include it.

That's my opinion. Bear in mind that I have not gotten to this stage in my processing.

misscanada123

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone heard any news yet on how far mpnp has gone on applications submitted this year?
I read on another thread of someone who submitted application in March and their status just changed to "assessment in process" or something like that.

Looks like they have a serious backlog.

misscanada123

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. Happy new year. Hope you had a good festive season.

Let's hear from you. Any change in your MPNP status. Any news?

Let's keep one another encouraged....

mpnpcuriosity

Aug 30, 2016
London UK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy New Year

Things have been really quiet here and ive gathered that mpnp now takes around 8-9months processing!

The koko is that whenever they answer us, it should be successful.

misscanada123

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpnpcuriosity said:
Happy New Year

Things have been really quiet here and ive gathered that mpnp now takes around 8-9months processing!

9months seems like it. What I'm more concerned about is the length of time the CIC part of the processing would take.

We shall see.

ShniaboyUK

Jan 21, 2017
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpnpcuriosity said:
Happy New Year

Hello mate, any development on your application. I am also from the UK. Good luck

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
misscanada123 said:
Anyone heard any news yet on how far mpnp has gone on applications submitted this year?
I read on another thread of someone who submitted application in March and their status just changed to "assessment in process" or something like that.

Looks like they have a serious backlog.

well there presently processing 14th batch right now, and that ranges from sep 2015 to jan 2016, thats what have been seeing here on this forum