Interview: August 24th

The notice states the following:
Document Required for Interview:
A copy of your Conditional Approval Notification
For Citizenship of UNITED STATES:
Passport
For Admissibility:
Passport

My question was going to be wondering why I don't need my PR card, although I'm bringing it with me. But I guess getting NEXUS is just about being a citizen or PR of either country?

So my question now is, what happens when I come across the border? I get a shorter line and otherwise the same requirements to show my passport (US entry) or my PR card and passport (Canada entry), along with my NEXUS card?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
As a follow up question... I applied for my son (age 15) a week after mine and my wife some time after that. My son's was an afterthought as I wasn't going to initially but decided it'd be good for him as he travels on his own to the States. My wife (a Canadian citizen) didn't want to apply initially, but then decided to do so.

Does it matter that we each do our interviews at separate dates/times since it's going to be a little while until they get their approvals?

Jun 3, 2017
You are eligible for NEXUS since you are a US citizen. The face that you are a Canadian PR doesn't really matter at this point.

In terms of entry, you can use the NEXUS lane and just show appropriate doc on each side of the border as you mentioned.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
You are eligible for NEXUS since you are a US citizen. The face that you are a Canadian PR doesn't really matter at this point.
You need to let them know you are a Canadian PR as well as an US citizen though, even if you already have NEXUS prior to becoming a Canadian PR.