Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
For all new applicants who are collecting their documents and will submit their file for PNP or QSW, now there is a new IMM 0008 form to be attached (photocopy of form) with your initial application:.

Old format of IMM 0008 will be accepted till March 2012 though for new applicants.

Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below.

How to use this application package

Download and read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
•Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]. It can be completed and saved on a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 8.1 or higher.•Filling the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
•Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select ‘Save Target As...'

Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms

To ensure you submit all the pages:

IMM 0008:

a.Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form. (Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.)
b.A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
c.Print, sign and date the form.
◦Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
◦Use of a laser printer is recommended
d.Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/apply-application.asp

Link to download this new form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

Important:

New forms and an updated Instruction Guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) are now available. Applicants should follow the new Instruction Guide when preparing to submit an application

Federal skilled worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) after November 14, 2011 must be prepared using the updated instruction guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) or they will be returned as incomplete.

The CIO will continue to accept the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM0008) until March 31, 2012. After that date, only the new version of the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) will be accepted and all previous versions will be returned to applicants.

Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below.

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hi there,

Just have a quick question here.......can I make any changes to my application after clicking the validate button? Do I have to click validate button again after editing? 'coz I tried removing the dependent data and the bar codes were gone =(

Thanks =)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
mehmeh said:
Hi there, Hello friend
what is your BIQ and visa office?
And is this your application for selection certificate or application for federal part?

Just have a quick question here.......can I make any changes to my application after clicking the validate button? yes, you can do any changes u want in this editable pdf form. But then you need to click on validate button once again. Do I have to click validate button again after editing? yes, you must. 'coz I tried removing the dependent data and the bar codes were gone =(
yes, this will happen, because bar codes are generated based on info u provided in the form. And they are image of details specific to your form. So you must click on validate button everytime whenever u make changes in any details.
One more thing, when finally u r done with filling up this form, making necessary changes and you have validated all the info, dont forget to take atleast 2 print copies of this form. One copy you should sign, send it with ur form and you should keep its photocopy with you.

Thanks de rien =)

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Thanks for replying mkshah =)

I'm sorry I don't know what is BIQ and not familiar about application for selection certificate or federal part :(........i am sponsoring my mom to come to live in Ontario, don't know if it relates to the type of application u r asking me...........my visa office is in Manila Philippines

My application for sponsorship was first submitted last Feb 2009, I got a letter from CIC last month stating they will start processing my application and required me to fill up forms IMM 0008, IMM 5406, etc to be submitted w/in 90 days. I am just wondering does that mean I am already approved as sponsor?

Khush Sidhu

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
Nomination.....
LOA Received on 14-01-2012
AOR Received.
AOR (CIC) - 30-04-2012, AOR (VO) - 18-05-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
02-04-2012
Med's Request
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012, Ecas started showing "IN PROCESS" on 16-08-2012 and line added "Meds Received" by VO on 12-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
In 2013
Hi there,

If someone can help me with GEneric Form ,,, In dependants Details,,,I can't fill all the columns of my Father's details because he's not any more (expired),,,and i can't able to get barcodes after validating the form because i left some of column's unfilled like their current marital status etc,, so what should i do ???
I will be appreciated for yur help..

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Hello there,
You have to validate again after any change you make.

Hope this work for you..
Good luck!!!!
Khush Sidhu said:
Hi there,

If someone can help me with GEneric Form ,,, In dependants Details,,,I can't fill all the columns of my Father's details because he's not any more (expired),,,and i can't able to get barcodes after validating the form because i left some of column's unfilled like their current marital status etc,, so what should i do ???
I will be appreciated for yur help..

Khush Sidhu

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
Nomination.....
LOA Received on 14-01-2012
AOR Received.
AOR (CIC) - 30-04-2012, AOR (VO) - 18-05-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
02-04-2012
Med's Request
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012, Ecas started showing "IN PROCESS" on 16-08-2012 and line added "Meds Received" by VO on 12-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
In 2013
yanesrahn said:
Hello there,
You have to validate again after any change you make.

Hope this work for you..
Good luck!!!!
Hii Yanesrahn

I tried to do but it still asks me to fill the all columns like My father's Marital status ???? And i don't know what to write ....

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
hello Khush Sidhu...
I am not a expert but, I think you have to write the marital status of your father (married....) and in the additional family information write deceased, and in one of the schedule they ask for the date of decease

I hope this work for you...
Good luck
Khush Sidhu said:
Hii Yanesrahn

I tried to do but it still asks me to fill the all columns like My father's Marital status ???? And i don't know what to write ....

beckett

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2009
AOR Received.
27/07/2010
Med's Request
22/02/12
Med's Done....
08/03/12
Passport Req..
12/10/2012
Hi. I need help. I have been asked to submit the new forms again with the medicals. In dependents section of the new generic form (personal details: part 12) where it asks for dependent type, I have a problem. When I was applying in December 2009, my son was under 22, therefore type A. His age and type must have been 'locked in' at the time when my application reached Nova Scotia then. However, now my son is over 22. So what do I do? He was not type B when I applied, yet now if I fill the forms again, technically he can't be type A either on the forms. So what do I do??
Also, my son has dual nationality, which passport details should be put on the form?
Beckett

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
i will suggest you to write a mail to cic with ur query.
After July 2011, every applicant has to submit the new generic form at time of 2nd AOR. As you are at medicals, I dont see any problems here. You just need to submit the details in this new generic form which u given at the time of applying. Also, you must attach notarized copies of both the docs supporting dual nationality of your child and should attach a covering letter mentioning this clearly.
Best way to clear this confusion is: write an email to cic details given on the website. Mention ur situation and seek for their view on this matters.

beckett said:
Hi. I need help. I have been asked to submit the new forms again with the medicals. In dependents section of the new generic form (personal details: part 12) where it asks for dependent type, I have a problem. When I was applying in December 2009, my son was under 22, therefore type A. His age and type must have been 'locked in' at the time when my application reached Nova Scotia then. However, now my son is over 22. So what do I do? He was not type B when I applied, yet now if I fill the forms again, technically he can't be type A either on the forms. So what do I do??
Also, my son has dual nationality, which passport details should be put on the form?
Beckett

ConnieCL

Mar 18, 2012
Regarding form IMM008 Generic Application Form. I have printed it and already filled up all details. Is it REQUIRED that I complete the form on-line ?

Perkles

May 29, 2012
This is a good question, because I have filled out my forms and didn't use the validate button. All the information is there and I don't want to complicate matters with this barcode stuff. It's hard enough to get everything in as it is!

Can anybody answer this: MUST you use the 'validate' buttons if they are on the online forms? I ask because I have mailed copies with handwritten info that my spouse filled out; she isn't a computer type and I told her to just print them and fill them out by hand.

I can't see them making the validate a 'must do', but only to assist in the completion process.

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
Perkles said:
This is a good question, because I have filled out my forms and didn't use the validate button. All the information is there and I don't want to complicate matters with this barcode stuff. It's hard enough to get everything in as it is!

Can anybody answer this: MUST you use the 'validate' buttons if they are on the online forms? I ask because I have mailed copies with handwritten info that my spouse filled out; she isn't a computer type and I told her to just print them and fill them out by hand.

I can't see them making the validate a 'must do', but only to assist in the completion process.
You may fill up the form off line. However, when you have completed filling up the form, you must be online to VALIDATE your application. It is a MUST that you validate. Only after validation you will get the bar codes that you need to put on top of your generic application. The generic application form is so easy to accomplish. You will notice that there are areas that automatically gets shaded out if they are not applicable to you. Anybody can fill it up as long as you provide the right information.

My advice is you fill it up using your computer. It was designed to be filled up that way. If you don't, you are putting your application at risk of being returned to you and it will cause a significant delay in the entire process. Hope this helps!

Perkles

May 29, 2012
carl zeiss said:
You may fill up the form off line. However, when you have completed filling up the form, you must be online to VALIDATE your application. It is a MUST that you validate. Only after validation you will get the bar codes that you need to put on top of your generic application. The generic application form is so easy to accomplish. You will notice that there are areas that automatically gets shaded out if they are not applicable to you. Anybody can fill it up as long as you provide the right information.

My advice is you fill it up using your computer. It was designed to be filled up that way. If you don't, you are putting your application at risk of being returned to you and it will cause a significant delay in the entire process. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the advice. I really wish they would put that somewhere in the instructions, however...I fully intended on sending in the forms without validation. I knew the forms were complete, but couldn't validate because for some reason this very important document won't even OPEN on my spouse's computer! Completely frustrating. I suggested we just print them and not worry about validation, but this was back in January...they have since changed the forms.

Onwards and upwards...lol.

rdse7en

Feb 25, 2013
Hi guys!

Have a problem here regarding the Generic Form-IMM 0008. Done filling out all question, have to validate but has an error..."The number of clients in the application does not match how many family members, including you, that you indicated in question 3....You have indicated 5 family members, including you, are to be included in this application. Please enter personal information for all clients, including you." On the checklist of documents, on the Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) (if you have more than five (5) family members)...I indicated 5(family members) in question 3 (How many family members, including you, are in this application). Does it mean i have to fill up on the IMM 0008DEP Form

By the way, my partner is sponsoring us (family)

thanks in advance!