N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
Hi,

Few Questions:

- Does it make any difference in the Spousal sponsorship application if you are a Canadian citizen or a PR holder ?
- On the CIC website, the current processing time for Step 1 Approval is Nov 20 2012 (as of today Feb 05 2013), But I have seen some people mentioning that they have already received the Step 1 approval even they have applied in December 2012. Can someone shed some light on this

Please reply....

Thanks,
James

GulzarND

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JAN, 2013
AOR Received.
25 JAN, 2013
File Transfer...
25 JAN, 2013
Med's Done....
04 JAN, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAR, 2013
LANDED..........
VERY SOON.
James.007 said:
Hi,

Few Questions:
- Does it make any difference in the Spousal sponsorship application if you are a Canadian citizen or a PR holder ?
- On the CIC website, the current processing time for Step 1 Approval is Nov 20 2012 (as of today Feb 05 2013), But I have seen some people mentioning that they have already received the Step 1 approval even they have applied in December 2012. Can someone shed some light on this
Hi James,

Welcome to the Forum !!!

There is no difference in the Spousal Sponsorship application if you are a Canadian Citizen or a PR holder except in case of Canadian Citizen for Outland he or she can stay with his/her spouse in his/her country while the PR Application is in process where as if you are Canadian PR you have to stay in Canada while the PR Application of your spouse is under process.

Don't bother about the processing time shown on CIC's website. Most of the times it is wrong because they are not updating it regularly and properly. The Canadians are the most lazy people on this planet. You can calculate it by yourself according to CIC's website at the moment, it says that updated on 30 Jan, 2013 and they are working on 20 Nov, 2012 so according to these dates it should be 71 days not 55 days which is shown there. Therefore it is wrong and misleading information whereas they have already approved many files which they have received till 17 Jan, 2012 in reality.

I hope this helps.

All the BEST,
GULZAR !!!

James.007

Feb 5, 2013
T.O.
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
Thanks for your quick reply Gulzaar,

I have another question...

My spouse has lived at different places while studying. And at most of the places it was over 6 months
As CIC asks to provide a PCC for all places where you have lived for more than 6 months, I am not too sure about this.
So I have discussed this with a lawyer and he suggested me not to mention any other addresses as it may cause more confusion to them. Better you just mention the home address or the in-laws address where the spouse is residing.

What would you suggest....

Thanks...
James

GulzarND

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JAN, 2013
AOR Received.
25 JAN, 2013
File Transfer...
25 JAN, 2013
Med's Done....
04 JAN, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAR, 2013
LANDED..........
VERY SOON.
James.007 said:

My spouse has lived at different places while studying. And at most of the places it was over 6 months
As CIC asks to provide a PCC for all places where you have lived for more than 6 months, I am not too sure about this.
So I have discussed this with a lawyer and he suggested me not to mention any other addresses as it may cause more confusion to them. Better you just mention the home address or the in-laws address where the spouse is residing.

Thanks...
James
@ James,

You are always welcome.

I can't answer this question until I know more about the places where your spouse has stayed. Whether that places are in different Cities, Different States or in Different Countries ? I can reply only if you tell me more about the places. Then I can suggest you the correct answer for it.

All the BEST,
GULZAR !!!

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
James.007 said:

Thanks...
James
Unsolicited advice - Whatever you do always remember that your passport (current and old) will eventually go to Visa Office and they will verify against the stamps for any international travel that she may have done.

It may look like a hassle now to get police certificates from different countries (if that's the case) , but misrepresentation can be very costly

James.007

Feb 5, 2013
T.O.
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
Thanks a lot guys....

Just to be more specific
- Home Town: State A (over 6 months)

- Current Residence: State B, City X

- Study 1: State B, City Y (over 6 months)
- Study 2: State B, City Z (over 6 months)

where Province A and B are 2 different provinces in India and City X, Y and Z are different cities in Province B

I hope this provides enough details

Thanks...

tenzin Namgyal

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 2013
Med's Done....
august 2013
Interview........
Don't know
Passport Req..
22 December 2013
James.007 said:
Thanks a lot guys....

Just to be more specific
- Home Town: State A (over 6 months)

- Current Residence: State B, City X

- Study 1: State B, City Y (over 6 months)
- Study 2: State B, City Z (over 6 months)

where Province A and B are 2 different provinces in India and City X, Y and Z are different cities in Province B

I hope this provides enough details

Thanks...
If the places are within one country then you need to have PCC from current resident only. PCC is needed for the all the COUNTRIES where applicant stayed for more than six months since age of 18. I have asked same question earlier and i have my answered from this forum.

I was more than six months in Delhi, UP, AP, Karnataka, HP, gujurat. CIC thinks that system in india is all inter-connected to get all the criminal records..haha

rvrunda

Feb 4, 2013
It has been interesting to read all the different immigration stories in this forum. So I decided to share mine as well.

I went to India to get engaged on June 26th, 2012 and to make the file process quicker, I went ahead and registered my marriage in court on the same date to get marriage certificate. Being a Canadian citizen myself, I started organizing my documents after I arrived in Canada from my trip to India. My wife did the same after my return. We got all the documents organized (certificates and whatnot) and sent out our package to CIC in Mississauga on Oct 13th, 2012. They received our package on the Oct 17th, 2012 and I received an email stating the acknowledgement of our application. At this time, I was thinking that Canadian process might take a couple months, but I received my approval on the Nov 5th, 2012 which was quite fast and the file was transferred to New Delhi, India in a matter of days. Meanwhile, I went to India for our traditional marriage ceremony which was on Dec 23rd, 2012. While I was in India, I received AOR from New Delhi stating that they require my wife's passport. The AOR letter was dated Nov 21st, 2012.. but I received the letter via e-mail on the Dec 10, 2012. I sent out my wife's new and old passport to the CHC in New Delhi on Dec 14, 2012 and now just waiting for the wife to get her visa. So far, the process has been painless and quite fast in my opinion.. I am just not sure how long I will have to wait till the dear wife can re unite with me here in Canada :)

I wish all of you souls out there to re-unite as soon as possible :)
Best wishes,

ConfuseApplicant

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
rvrunda said:
It has been interesting to read all the different immigration stories in this forum. So I decided to share mine as well.

I went to India to get engaged on June 26th, 2012 and to make the file process quicker, I went ahead and registered my marriage in court on the same date to get marriage certificate. Being a Canadian citizen myself, I started organizing my documents after I arrived in Canada from my trip to India. My wife did the same after my return. We got all the documents organized (certificates and whatnot) and sent out our package to CIC in Mississauga on Oct 13th, 2012. They received our package on the Oct 17th, 2012 and I received an email stating the acknowledgement of our application. At this time, I was thinking that Canadian process might take a couple months, but I received my approval on the Nov 5th, 2012 which was quite fast and the file was transferred to New Delhi, India in a matter of days. Meanwhile, I went to India for our traditional marriage ceremony which was on Dec 23rd, 2012. While I was in India, I received AOR from New Delhi stating that they require my wife's passport. The AOR letter was dated Nov 21st, 2012.. but I received the letter via e-mail on the Dec 10, 2012. I sent out my wife's new and old passport to the CHC in New Delhi on Dec 14, 2012 and now just waiting for the wife to get her visa. So far, the process has been painless and quite fast in my opinion.. I am just not sure how long I will have to wait till the dear wife can re unite with me here in Canada :)

I wish all of you souls out there to re-unite as soon as possible :)
Best wishes,
Can you list, if possible, the supporting documents that you and your wife submitted. I know CIC have a document and forms checklist but just asking as your process seems very fast as compare to others. Your list might be helpful for others in the future.

Many thanks, guess I am not asking much :)

Yogeetha M

Feb 5, 2013
Thank you...

We got married in Dec 2012 and i and my hubby was all set to submit forms but new updates are emphasizing new applicants to submit new 2D forms, so eagerly waiting for it and if any queries i will definitely post in this forum :eek:.....
Have a good day

Regards
Yogeetha

ankb2308

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-25-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
I'm a canadian citizen and in process of doing a 2013 outland application for my wife at the New Delhi office. She got her new passport in <1 week via tatkaal but it's taken up to 3+ weeks to get the PCC from the passport office, due to delays of her file. Hopefully I'll submit the application next week, i've paid all the fees upfront and have all the documents in order.

We thought of her applying for a tourist visa but dropped the idea as I soon learned her chances of getting it are close to 0% as they simply reject it on the grounds that she should wait to get her PR.

I've got a close friend of me guiding me through this as he also did the same and got his spouse to Canada in just 4 months. His recommendation is to get all his/her documents attested through a notary in New delhi. It makes it easier to verify and speeds things up at the New Delhi office, though each case is different. Can't wait for my wife to join me here!

mannatdel

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-13
VISA ISSUED...
decision made 28-06-13
Hi Gulzar,

I am still waiting for the stage 1 to be approved.I asked
my husband to check online but he is not able to find
the current status. I am really worried.

In one of your reply you have mentioned that if spouse is
Canada PR then he has to wait in Canada till case is under
process. If my husband wants to visit India, will there be
any effect on my application.

Regards
Mannat

mannatdel

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-13
VISA ISSUED...
decision made 28-06-13
Hey i just received a call from my husband. Stage 1 is cleared. They have transferred my file to New Delhi. I am very happy. :D

tenzin Namgyal

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 2013
Med's Done....
august 2013
Interview........
Don't know
Passport Req..
22 December 2013
ankb2308 said:
I'm a canadian citizen and in process of doing a 2013 outland application for my wife at the New Delhi office. She got her new passport in <1 week via tatkaal but it's taken up to 3+ weeks to get the PCC from the passport office, due to delays of her file. Hopefully I'll submit the application next week, i've paid all the fees upfront and have all the documents in order.

We thought of her applying for a tourist visa but dropped the idea as I soon learned her chances of getting it are close to 0% as they simply reject it on the grounds that she should wait to get her PR.

I've got a close friend of me guiding me through this as he also did the same and got his spouse to Canada in just 4 months. His recommendation is to get all his/her documents attested through a notary in New delhi. It makes it easier to verify and speeds things up at the New Delhi office, though each case is different. Can't wait for my wife to join me here!
Hello,
I am thinking to appoint representative in Delhi and i know it is much easier and easy to move our case in Delhi. Could please please share us when you have done your document notorised in new delhi? And what is the fee per page ? thanks for sharing this info...

Thanks

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
Hi,

Me and My family landed here 1 year ago as permanent Residents. My father was the principal applicant and I was his dependent. Now I am going to marry with my fiance who lives in India next month. Can I, being a permanent resident, sponsor her to canada? Or Do I have to involve my father for her sponsorship? I know this might be one in a million case!! but I need help on it. :) :) :)