+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need the clarification about the spouse addition.

Mar 18, 2017
I am having a plan to get married soon. My fiance is working in singapore for the past 7 years. Her nationality is Indian. We have all the documents except IELTS for her.

My AOR 2 is over and I am waiting for the medical. WIthin 6 months maximum my Visa may get stamped. I am in need of the clarification that,

1. Once I got the visa then Shall I add my spouse name as a secondary applicant in my visa...? or now itself, I need to do it.
  2. Shall I add my spouse as a secondary applicant after visa..? it is possible..?
  3. If suppose it is possible, once we got landed she will also get the PR or not...? Kindly clarify..

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Once you get married you must notify IRCC.
2 - You can add her anytime before landing in Canada, once that occurs you would have to sponsor her which may take up to one year.
3 - Yes.

Mar 18, 2017
2 - You can add her anytime before landing in Canada, once that occurs you would have to sponsor her which may take up to one year.
3 - Yes.
Thank you very much for your immediate response.

Can you please explain something in detail about to notify IRCC.... please...?
Second thing if, she is going to be the secondary applicant she need to hold IELTS...?
Lastly, Once we got landed, they will issue the PR to both of us.. right...? My question is whether she is eligible to work..?

nikunj2605

Apr 9, 2017
I got ITA on 19 April 2017 as a single applicant then I got married on 21 April 2017 and my wife did Education evaluation and English test after that so English test result date is 20 April 2017 and Education Evaluation report date is 25 April 2017 Now my question is her Education evaluation date and IELTS result date is after ITA date so does it count for re-calculating score??

Becuase If I count this both then recalculating score going higher than that ITA cut off otherwise it is going lower. I also called many times to CIC call center they also can't able to answer that and ask me to submit my question here. it is very critical because I am not able to make a decision that shall I decline or go ahead with ITA.

So in conclusion, in this, my given scenario will express entry on submitting my ITA will count my wife's Education evaluation and English test result point on recalculating my score.

Thanks in advance for your time..!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - If you've submitted your eAPR already then you can raise a CSE (online webform) to inform IRCC of your change in family composition.
2 - Again, if you've submitted your eAPR your points wont get recalculated by adding your spouse so you do not need her IELTS.
3 - Yes, she will get PR.

nikunj2605

Apr 9, 2017
I didn't submit my eAPR yet.

got ITA as a single applicant and at that time my score was 314 and ITA cut off was 415

I got married after ITA and my wife did IELTS and WES after ITA (her IELTS and WES report date say after ITA date )

Que 1 - Her IELTS and WES point count if it has after ITA date?

if I count her IELTS and WES then my recalculated score is 417 which is higher than that cut-off

so what should I do any suggestion ??

Mar 18, 2017
3 - Yes.
1. One year means, even my visa also will get delayed up to one year or it will come early..?
2. When the date of one year will start...? either from my process starting date or her application submission date...?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - It means you will get PR but you will have to sponsor your spouse so she gets it.
2 - Once you apply for sponsorship.

Again this is assuming you land before getting married.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi
I have a question regarding adding my spouse later when ITA is received, if I apply for single as of now(married) and then later on I receive my ITA and add my husband, would it be fine to go ahead. I am not able to add my spouse at this time because of my spouse's WES not prepared. Although IELTS is done and we are sure of our score before adding my spouse (applying single but married) and after adding my spouse. I mean with adding my spouse later with WES and IELTS both our points increase by 2 points. So please help me with my query