+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some clarification on the matter ...... Expiring medical tests

fjs

Nov 12, 2016
I applied for the FSW prog in 2014
me and my wife got an approval and we got our PR visa stamped in our passports , how ever we got blessed with a bay in the mean time and we applied for his Pr as well the process got started but as My son has a medical condition we were asked to submit a medical report. after this submission we got furtherance for his medical and they asked us to again go for his medical exam so we did it twice 4 months apart.

now our visas are expired and we are waiting for his medical clearance
last time I submitted a medical report for him was a month back and my visa got expired with my medical last week
this time I haven't heard anything back for his medical as the last medical report was satisfatory that he will not need much support.
yesterday I got an email from CIC saying that Me and my wife have to redo the medical for us.

Now what should be my conclusion

1. they has accepted the medical for my son and now they wanna issue the visas for all thats why they have asked for a new medical for me and my wife?
or
2. Its just a normal procedure and if ur application is still under process they will keep on repeating the medical if it get expired every time.

He has not been issued any fairness letter for his medical up till now

What is the opinion of all of you

I will highly appreciate the input

thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
fjs said:
I applied for the FSW prog in 2014
me and my wife got an approval and we got our PR visa stamped in our passports , how ever we got blessed with a bay in the mean time and we applied for his Pr as well the process got started but as My son has a medical condition we were asked to submit a medical report. after this submission we got furtherance for his medical and they asked us to again go for his medical exam so we did it twice 4 months apart.

now our visas are expired and we are waiting for his medical clearance
last time I submitted a medical report for him was a month back and my visa got expired with my medical last week
this time I haven't heard anything back for his medical as the last medical report was satisfatory that he will not need much support.
yesterday I got an email from CIC saying that Me and my wife have to redo the medical for us.

Now what should be my conclusion

1. they has accepted the medical for my son and now they wanna issue the visas for all thats why they have asked for a new medical for me and my wife? Yes
or
2. Its just a normal procedure and if ur application is still under process they will keep on repeating the medical if it get expired every time. Yes. though some review officers may waive a new medical

He has not been issued any fairness letter for his medical up till now

What is the opinion of all of you

I will highly appreciate the input

thanks
HI, see above.

Reactions: Virgo29

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi, may i ask if it is really a normal procedure that the medical is almost expired and the status is still "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"

Thank you!
Yes, just like in all civil service agencies, someone forgot to update it/complete the review in time.

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Yes, just like in all civil service agencies, someone forgot to update it/complete the review in time.

So are they gonna ask for a re-med in case they are about to issue a visa or PPR? Or it depends on the VO to extend the medical? Thank you again!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
So are they gonna ask for a re-med in case they are about to issue a visa or PPR? Or it depends on the VO to extend the medical? Thank you again!
It is entirely up to the VO, all the best.