+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help to for admission.

SimonChung

Aug 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am now an abroad student in Finland but I feel boring here and want to come to Canada to study. I have just finished my first year here with the GPA ( over 3.5/5) here. My program here is Business Information Technology. I have 6.5 Ielts but it is expired. Do I need to retake IELTS for the admission? Actually, I have my aunt and uncle who lives in Montreal, Quebec so can you guy recommend me some uni or college there, I want to pursuit Accounting degree if I could come there to study. In case, I am not qualified for uni or college there, can I apply for some vocational schools. FYI: my purpose is obtaining citizenship of Canada.

Thank you, everyone, in advance. I will appreciate all your opinions

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want to stop your studies in Finland and come to study in Canada - you really should plan to take a bachelor degree here. If you go for a lower level of education, CIC will probably think you aren't a genuine student and refuse you (especially since you won't be finishing your studies in Finland). A vocational college is a bad idea. You most likely won't get a post graduate work permit after you finish and qualifying for permanent residency will be extremely difficult.

Reactions: dreamy2536

SimonChung

Aug 18, 2017
If you want to stop your studies in Finland and come to study in Canada - you really should plan to take a bachelor degree here. If you go for a lower level of education, CIC will probably think you aren't a genuine student and refuse you (especially since you won't be finishing your studies in Finland). A vocational college is a bad idea. You most likely won't get a post graduate work permit after you finish and qualifying for permanent residency will be extremely difficult.

In my case, iI i can find a well-paid job is it easy to apply for working permit there no matter what I am studying? My plan is applying for visitor visa and go there then find a school that allows my grades from Finland University to be transferred or at least accept to give me an admission then i can apply for student permit right there. Is it possible? Besides, I should mention that my study here in Finland is University of Applied Sciences level, that means it is the same level with college but I can apply for master degree after I graduated. Because the education system in Finland is quite different from other countries. They have another level for higher education like university of applied Science so i wonder whether shool over can accept my grade or not ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's extremely unlikely you will find any job in Canada. Employer have to go through a very long and expensive process to hire foreign workers and also prove no Canadian could be hire for the role. You should assume that won't happen.

You'll likely have a lot of trouble getting a study visa approved if you come to Canada as a visitor. To be approved, you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country. If you're in Canada as a visitor and have left Finland without completing your studies there (looks like you're on a study permit in Finland too) - CIC will most likely view you as someone who isn't a genuine student. If you want to apply for a study permit to Canada, apply while you are still in Finland.

SimonChung

Aug 18, 2017
It's extremely unlikely you will find any job in Canada. Employer have to go through a very long and expensive process to hire foreign workers and also prove no Canadian could be hire for the role. You should assume that won't happen.

You'll likely have a lot of trouble getting a study visa approved if you come to Canada as a visitor. To be approved, you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country. If you're in Canada as a visitor and have left Finland without completing your studies there (looks like you're on a study permit in Finland too) - CIC will most likely view you as someone who isn't a genuine student. If you want to apply for a study permit to Canada, apply while you are still in Finland.
Thank you ! To sum up, if i want to stay and obtain citizenship of Canada in the future, the best way should be go to University, right ?