+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help,how to apply for immigration.

sarim4hope

Aug 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I found this forum very helpful, I applied in 2015 through an agent in express entry immigration program. However, I never knew about the status of application. In January 2016, he simply informed me that he
re-applied in express entry. Moreover, I never received any email regarding the case.

In October 2016, my IELTs exam validity was expired. Hence, I’ve decided to apply by myself with the help of this forum. I am confused which option is better to me, through express entry or PNP immigration program.

I am working as a lecturer and have almost 17 years teaching experience. I am a certified trainer and actively engaged with community service center. Furthermore, I am disappointed with my previous experience of applying for immigration.

Please guide me which option is more appropriate to me? I need step by step guidelines.

Best Regards,

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you so much for your prompt reply, still I need suggestions… which immigration program is better? Express entry or provincial National Program? please help
There is no better program. You will need to apply depending on your profile, qualification and personal background.
For eg: you mentioned you're a lecturer. So that does not qualify you for the skilled trades program. You by default would be applying for skilled workers program under noc A .
Everyone who wants to apply has to go thru express entry. Once you've submitted an express entry profile, you can choose to apply for provincial nomination. Provincial program is for people looking at moving to specific territories like Quebec, Ontario..

All these details are avail each on the cic site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

sarim4hope

Aug 26, 2017
There is no better program. You will need to apply depending on your profile, qualification and personal background.
For eg: you mentioned you're a lecturer. So that does not qualify you for the skilled trades program. You by default would be applying for skilled workers program under noc A .
Everyone who wants to apply has to go thru express entry. Once you've submitted an express entry profile, you can choose to apply for provincial nomination. Provincial program is for people looking at moving to specific territories like Quebec, Ontario..

All these details are avail each on the cic site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
Thank you for this information.
Another Q, do i need to send application online or through DHL?

Best Regards,

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you for this information.
Another Q, do i need to send application online or through DHL?

Best Regards,
The entire PR application is online on the Canada immigration site.
1. Basically you create an Express entry profile. Here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp (use the GC key option)

2. When you submit this profile you get allocated a crs score (this is how it's calculated http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

3. Every few weeks, there is a draw that takes place which gives a cut-off score (last one happened on 6th with a cutoff of 434). Anyone who has a score above the cutoff gets an invite to apply (ITA )

4. If you get an email with ITA , you have 90 days to submit all your documents, job proofs, police clearances, medical etc etc (all online, scanned copies to be uploaded)

5. Once you submit all docs, the immigration officials will make a decision to approve or reject your PR. If approved, You will get an email asking to send your passport for stamping.

That's the broad overview . Step by step is in the above post #2

You will need to use courier only twice.. firstly when you send documents to Wes for education verification. Second when you need to send your passport at the final stage. Remaining everything is online. All the best.

Reactions: thinkingtoapply

sarim4hope

Aug 26, 2017
Thank you so much.
Another Q, my ielts result was valid till 2nd October 2016.
Can I apply without Ielts test again, or I should appear in it?
In fact, I applied before through an agent. However, I get more information through this Forum.
Any tip to increase this score to apply?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thank you so much.
In fact, I applied before through an agent. However, I get more information through this Forum.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
you have to retake ielts no way escaping that. If you don't feel you can trust the agent don't bother with one (except in case of complications)

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you so much.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
You will need to apply for ielts again, unfortunately ielts needs to be valid at the time of submitting your application (step 4 in post 6 above ) . You don't need an agent unless you have complications or don't have the time to do this yourself. The process is fairly simple but requires lot of time, research and patience . I know a lot of ppl doing it themselves including me. You will find all the information you need on these forums. Just keep reading them.
No tips to increase score as it is very person to person. Just keep practicing. Use the online tools to do atleast two tests daily..all the best

tejas279

Sep 12, 2017
you have to retake ielts no way escaping that. If you don't feel you can trust the agent don't bother with one (except in case of complications)
hi, can u please explain what are the process steps after receiving AOR ? (i.e, NA1,NA2,IP1 etc.) what do happen at each step & how can i know which stage i am at currently.?? also share the average time taken for all steps.
thanks in advance

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
hi, can u please explain what are the process steps after receiving AOR ? (i.e, NA1,NA2,IP1 etc.) what do happen at each step & how can i know which stage i am at currently.?? also share the average time taken for all steps.
thanks in advance
There's no average time. You will get notified through out of changes on your application NA will show as Not Applicable on your background check, IP means in progress.

Reactions: thinkingtoapply