Hi,
Following is my profile.

Age - 27
Masters in US
B.Tech in India
IELTS : L 8.0 R 7.0 W 7.0 S 8.0
Experience - 5 years pro; 1.5 as Grad Assistant during my Masters

Questions
Can I do my ECA just for my masters ? Is there anyone here who did that ?
My stamping expires in August but my 797 is valid through April 2018. Can I travel to Canada between Aug 2017 and Apr 2018 with out stamping ?

Thank You.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
sivasatish007 said:
Hi,
Following is my profile.

Age - 27
Masters in US
B.Tech in India

Questions
My stamping expires in August but my 797 is valid through April 2018. Can I travel to Canada between Aug 2017 and Apr 2018 with out stamping ?

Thank You.
Have you completed your Masters degree? Do you have the degree certificate?

sujam

May 11, 2017
New Jersey
Have you completed your Masters degree? Do you have the degree certificate?
Hi @ashu1710,
I've got almost same profile. I've done Masters in USA and currently working in New York on STEM OPT. I've 3+ years of full-time experience in total (1.5 yrs in India and 1.5 years in USA) and 1+ years of part-time (as a teaching assistant).

Could you please guide me on this? I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jammy

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hi @ashu1710,
I've got almost same profile. I've done Masters in USA and currently working in New York on STEM OPT. I've 3+ years of full-time experience in total (1.5 yrs in India and 1.5 years in USA) and 1+ years of part-time (as a teaching assistant).

Could you please guide me on this? I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jammy
Not sure what guidance you need. Could you be more specific? Do you need help with the EE process? If so, pm me your skype id. We can talk in more detail there.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi,
Following is my profile.

Age - 27
Masters in US
B.Tech in India

Questions

Thank You.
Yes just getting your Masters evaluated is fine - you only need ECA for the highest degree. I have 2 master's degrees - (from India and UK) and just got the UK one done - waiting for ITA.

Regarding the stamping, you may be able to travel - but return to US might be an issue. Check for automatic visa revalidation - not sure how it works when traveling by air.

Reactions: sivasatish007

sivasatish007

Apr 8, 2017
Yes just getting your Masters evaluated is fine - you only need ECA for the highest degree. I have 2 master's degrees - (from India and UK) and just got the UK one done - waiting for ITA.

Regarding the stamping, you may be able to travel - but return to US might be an issue. Check for automatic visa revalidation - not sure how it works when traveling by air.
Exactly what I am looking for.

Thank You.

Good luck :)

sujam

May 11, 2017
New Jersey
Hi Members,

I can't create WES Canada profile (sign up) because I already have one WES USA profile (I tried changing email but that doesn't work). Could anyone pls tell me the better alternative of WES for Express entry ?

Thanks!

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Members,

I can't create WES Canada profile (sign up) because I already have one WES USA profile (I tried changing email but that doesn't work). Could anyone pls tell me the better alternative of WES for Express entry ?

Thanks!
2 options - first one is to contact WES and email them - they can sort out the profile issue for you and transfer the info over - it might take time

Option B - choose another institution from CICs list and get the evaluation done

Try option A - if it's taking time go for B

Hope this helps.

sujam

May 11, 2017
New Jersey
2 options - first one is to contact WES and email them - they can sort out the profile issue for you and transfer the info over - it might take time

Option B - choose another institution from CICs list and get the evaluation done

Try option A - if it's taking time go for B

Hope this helps.

Thanks Karthik,
I'm emailed WES but, no response yet. I've also read somewhere in this forum that their support is not good and they won't even reply.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks Karthik,
I'm emailed WES but, no response yet. I've also read somewhere in this forum that their support is not good and they won't even reply.
I came across that too - anyways each case is different. You are in the best position to decide how long you want to wait before choosing option B.

This is the crucial pre-step and it can take upto a month or longer.

itsromiljain

Aug 7, 2017
Hello friends, I have query on WES online application.

a) Do i need to first create an account on WES to get the WES reference number ?
b) Is WES reference number required to get the transcripts from University
c) Do I need to fill some WES application form and should take that form to the university to get the transcripts and send the sealed transcripts with this application form to WES ?
d) If yes, from where will I get this WES form ?

Tried reaching to WES but no response :(

Please help..

Thanks
Romil

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi Members,

Thanks!
You can create a new account for Wes Canada but while entering name change it slightly for e.g a short form of surname as it will not accept the same name profile, once account is created you can update the name again, I did the same for creating Wes Canada account.

Kirti1016

Oct 11, 2019

Hi there ,
I am looking for information regarding US visa stamping. I have approved i797 and i94 till August 2020 for L1B visa but has not done stamping. I got ITA from Saskatchewan pnp program under express entry sub category , they need copy of passport and visa copy if living in country other than your nationality. Can I submit passport copy with approved 797 and i94 as a proof of legal stay in USA. If you have any knowledge regarding this then please help. I am not able to find this information in any online forum. and How was your travel experience without the US visa stamping.
Thank you.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi there ,
I am looking for information regarding US visa stamping. I have approved i797 and i94 till August 2020 for L1B visa but has not done stamping. I got ITA from Saskatchewan pnp program under express entry sub category , they need copy of passport and visa copy if living in country other than your nationality. Can I submit passport copy with approved 797 and i94 as a proof of legal stay in USA. If you have any knowledge regarding this then please help. I am not able to find this information in any online forum. and How was your travel experience without the US visa stamping.
Thank you.
Yes, that's fine. Many people have shared their experience using AVR (search for that) in this forum.

Reactions: Kirti1016