+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Tborne

Mar 26, 2017
Am in KC too.let me know how the BC application goes.will make my application to BC when I get the advisory report
Small world - Will create a timeline for the application to BC - Hope you get your report soon. What school did you go to?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I got ' comparable' report which was a nice surprise. I was expecting a non-comparable report sometime in August based on what I have heard.... Planning to start BC Application as soon as they receive the file.
Congratulations!!! This is great news!
Before September 2016 almost nobody, including US-educated applicants, got a "comparable" report. "Somewhat comparable" was the closest anyone got and even then, they were few and far between. Although they won't admit there was something wrong with the way NNAS was assessing education prior, clearly they have made changes which means they recognized there were huge problems. Congrats again and thank you for letting us know. Please keep us updated.

Tborne

Mar 26, 2017
Congratulations!!! This is great news!
Before September 2016 almost nobody, including US-educated applicants, got a "comparable" report. "Somewhat comparable" was the closest anyone got and even then, they were few and far between. Although they won't admit there was something wrong with the way NNAS was assessing education prior, clearly they have made changes which means they recognized there were huge problems. Congrats again and thank you for letting us know. Please keep us updated.
Thank you - I am hopeful going forward that the NNAS process will be more streamlined and access fair resolution to applicants. I will update my progress with application to CRNBC.

immigration1234

Jun 24, 2017
Hii... I am an Indian educated nurse currently working in UK. I got NNAS report as non comparable with 51%. i have applied for CNO and now waiting for their result. how they usually give their result? Do we have an option to select between IENCAP or some bridging course.
I heard that CNO now ask with many applicants for job description. Can we send them the job description even if they didn't ask for it.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hii... I am an Indian educated nurse currently working in UK. I got NNAS report as non comparable with 51%. i have applied for CNO and now waiting for their result. how they usually give their result? Do we have an option to select between IENCAP or some bridging course.
I heard that CNO now ask with many applicants for job description. Can we send them the job description even if they didn't ask for it.
You won't get a choice. They will tell you what you must do in order to continue with the process.
Job description: No you will need to wait until they ask for it because they will give specific instructions about what is to be included.

gops

Oct 4, 2015
i have applied for CNO but i am in alberta right now so can i transfer my license here once i get from ontario.. and i was working as clinical instructor and the teaching language was english so is that gonna work as english proficiency?
because i just seen this "safe practice working as a registered nurse within the past two years outside Canada for a minimum of 1,125 hours where services were provided in English and the primary language of the nursing practice setting and its clients was English":p

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
i have applied for CNO but i am in alberta right now so can i transfer my license here once i get from ontario.. and i was working as clinical instructor and the teaching language was english so is that gonna work as english proficiency?
because i just seen this "safe practice working as a registered nurse within the past two years outside Canada for a minimum of 1,125 hours where services were provided in English and the primary language of the nursing practice setting and its clients was English":p
You will not have to undergo another NNAS assessment but you will have to apply to CARNA and meet their requirements. Licenses don't automatically transfer from province to province, although most of their requirements are the same. You will have to pay the fees, supply to appropriate documents and await their decision.

cheguvara

Jun 21, 2017
Please somebody reply
Dear all
I am a newbie to this thread..and found this thread very helpful for the IENs striving to be an RN in canada.
I am a RN and about to fill my NNAS application next week I have some questions which I request kind members to clarify.
1.Does the teaching experience (Nursing professor,Nursing lecturer etc.) is considered as work experience as per NNAS and regulatory bodies.or its like only clinical or bedside experience is counted.
2. while completing experiences page in the application to NNAS in each employer we select 5 boxes appear side by side for last 5 years but my question is if say we have worked for 3 employers in last 5 years what should we fill like if I worked from 2013-14 for an employer Then how can I fill all those 5 boxes in the page as I have worked during last 4th year.
3. in the registration page of the option asks for is the registration is for lifetime and if you say no you have to give the validity or when it will expire.. but those who have registered in india like in KNC might be knowing this my KNC council registration was stamped as life member but 3 years back I took No objection certificate and re registered in another state council(PNRC punjab) so my question is the certificate had lifetime member stamp on it but as per rule my registration was cancelled so what should I opt here life time validity or not.
4.in my passport my surname is complete where as in all my education registration & other documents from India the surname is shortened to one letter eg naveen kumar choudhry as Navin kumar.C does this is considered as Name change as per NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Please somebody reply
Dear all
I am a newbie to this thread..and found this thread very helpful for the IENs striving to be an RN in canada.
I am a RN and about to fill my NNAS application next week I have some questions which I request kind members to clarify.
1.Does the teaching experience (Nursing professor,Nursing lecturer etc.) is considered as work experience as per NNAS and regulatory bodies.or its like only clinical or bedside experience is counted.
2. while completing experiences page in the application to NNAS in each employer we select 5 boxes appear side by side for last 5 years but my question is if say we have worked for 3 employers in last 5 years what should we fill like if I worked from 2013-14 for an employer Then how can I fill all those 5 boxes in the page as I have worked during last 4th year.
3. in the registration page of the option asks for is the registration is for lifetime and if you say no you have to give the validity or when it will expire.. but those who have registered in india like in KNC might be knowing this my KNC council registration was stamped as life member but 3 years back I took No objection certificate and re registered in another state council(PNRC punjab) so my question is the certificate had lifetime member stamp on it but as per rule my registration was cancelled so what should I opt here life time validity or not.
4.in my passport my surname is complete where as in all my education registration & other documents from India the surname is shortened to one letter eg naveen kumar choudhry as Navin kumar.C does this is considered as Name change as per NNAS
1. Yes teaching nursing courses counts as long as you maintained your nursing license as you were teaching.
2. You dont need to fill all. Just fill what it asks you--the jobs you had in the past 5 years. It just gives the space for five for those that need it.
3. Do you have a certificate from Punjab?
4. This is not considered a legal name change. You can always call NNAS and ask.

cheguvara

Jun 21, 2017
1. Yes teaching nursing courses counts as long as you maintained your nursing license as you were teaching.
2. You dont need to fill all. Just fill what it asks you--the jobs you had in the past 5 years. It just gives the space for five for those that need it.
4. This is not considered a legal name change. You can always call NNAS and ask.

cheguvara

Jun 21, 2017
Thanks a lot....RN_0001....Your reduced my concerns to a greater extent.
Yes.I had registered in punjab..earlier 5 months back I transferred it to another state....here in Indian states there is no concrete rules that define life membership..& validity of membership for eg:in Karnataka council they used to issue certificate with life member seal but when u transfer our reg.certificate there is no clarification like whether u will stay as member or u r just removed from council & when u contact u won't get clear answers.
Any how..as per our suggestion I will not put SHORTENED surname(initial) as name change..thanks again for that.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Hello everyone, just want to share an update on my situation. I submitted my final doc to NNAS in February. My status remained unchanged for 8weeks. After which I received an email stating one page of the doc was not completed correctly.
The doc was resubmitted on May 31st, yet up to this morning my status remained unchanged 'waiting for required docs.
Apparently there was an error where they old doc which had the error was filed in the place of the new doc.
I persisted in calling and emailing until my status just changed to ready for review.
The point I hope to get across is that if you see your status unchanged for a while, call and keep calling and emailing until you see progress.
If I had not called, it would've appeared that the corrected doc was never submitted.
The agent kept insisting I made an error, it wasn't until I said I may need to speak to a manager that she checked and made a note of the mix up.
She was very apologetic but it shows, they are prone to errors so we have to be vigilant with our application.

Reactions: RN_0001

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
... if you see your status unchanged for a while, call and keep calling and emailing until you see progress. If I had not called, it would've appeared that the corrected doc was never submitted.
The agent kept insisting I made an error, it wasn't until I said I may need to speak to a manager that she checked and made a note of the mix up.
She was very apologetic but it shows, they are prone to errors so we have to be vigilant with our application.
Very good advice @orichy
I also had a similar experience with NNAS where I had to speak to a manager to get any action on my file. Same with CNO. Always, always call and check up and never assume the system is functioning properly. You are your best and only advocate.