+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
So i came home to a letter from CNO stating they have received all my job descriptions and stuff and my file has been sent to assessment as ill get a letter after of the outcome. They also told me they cant accept my nclex pass from me as i had sent them my official copy. I had already sent the money order for the board to send it over. So anyone knows what the waiting times are like from the step
Before anyone asks im a IEN from jamaica did my BSN at University of the West Indies. Practiced for 5 years, did my NCLEX passed, jurisdiction passed, i started this process last year October i think, NNAS report was non comparable think the average was 49.9%.

Tborne

Mar 26, 2017
I am just curious about the NNAS status - my report shows that all the documents meet requirements and has been on that status for a week. Does anyone know how much longer the process takes at this stage? I am waiting for response from NNAS - Any ideas on timeline at this point?

cheguvara

Jun 21, 2017
Dear all
I am a newbie to this thread..and found this thread very helpful for the IENs striving to be an RN in canada.
I am a RN and about to fill my NNAS application next week I have some questions which I request kind members to clarify.
1.Does the teaching experience (Nursing professor,Nursing lecturer etc.) is considered as work experience as per NNAS and regulatory bodies.or its like only clinical or bedside experience is counted.
2. while completing experiences page in the application to NNAS in each employer we select 5 boxes appear side by side for last 5 years but my question is if say we have worked for 3 employers in last 5 years what should we fill like if I worked from 2013-14 for an employer Then how can I fill all those 5 boxes in the page as I have worked during last 4th year.
3. in the registration page of the option asks for is the registration is for lifetime and if you say no you have to give the validity or when it will expire.. but those who have registered in india like in KNC might be knowing this my KNC council registration was stamped as life member but 3 years back I took No objection certificate and re registered in another state council(PNRC punjab) so my question is the certificate had lifetime member stamp on it but as per rule my registration was cancelled so what should I opt here life time validity or not.

Tborne

Mar 26, 2017
I am just curious about the NNAS status - my report shows that all the documents meet requirements and has been on that status for a week. Does anyone know how much longer the process takes at this stage? I am waiting for response from NNAS - Any ideas on timeline at this point?
Update: - Report issued today - For some reason I thought it would take longer since I did not see the status change to Final Review. The explanation I got when I called is that it depends on the assessor working on file. Some assessors change certain sections as they complete them and others wait to update the entire file once they are done reviewing - The entire process took less than 95 days from date of application to Report - Hope this helps someone with the current timeline. YMMV.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Update: - Report issued today - For some reason I thought it would take longer since I did not see the status change to Final Review. The explanation I got when I called is that it depends on the assessor working on file. Some assessors change certain sections as they complete them and others wait to update the entire file once they are done reviewing - The entire process took less than 95 days from date of application to Report - Hope this helps someone with the current timeline. YMMV.
Happy to hear. What was the conclusion

MsTJ

May 2, 2017
I got ' comparable' report which was a nice surprise. I was expecting a non-comparable report sometime in August based on what I have heard.... Planning to start BC Application as soon as they receive the file.
Congratulations.my report got stuck last month.everything changed to meets requirements and then NNAS informed me that my licence verification form was not completed as required.I started the process in September 2016 .the nnas had all the documents by late January then come May they emailed me that one of my license was not verified as required. So still waiting

MsTJ

May 2, 2017
Congratulations.my report got stuck last month.everything changed to meets requirements and then NNAS informed me that my licence verification form was not completed as required.I started the process in September 2016 .the nnas had all the documents by late January then come May they emailed me that one of my license was not verified as required. So still waiting
Let us know how the BC application goes.and by the way where did you attend your nursing school

quebecRN

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
I got ' comparable' report which was a nice surprise. I was expecting a non-comparable report sometime in August based on what I have heard.... Planning to start BC Application as soon as they receive the file.
Congratulations, From where did you completed your nursing education ?

cf2017

Apr 16, 2017
Hello,

Could someone answer my question?

I have applied with NNAS Ontario province and got my report for both LPN and RN. I've registered RN first to RB then paid the fee. When I clicked the LPN "Apply to RB" it says I have already applied with CNO. Does the payment of $150/$160(not sure) covers the LPN and RN application? Would they notify me through email or registered mail about the result?

Thank you so much and your insight is very appreciated.