Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
For some reason when I landed at YYZ earlier this week, I was never asked to fill in the CBSA forms. They only asked for CoPr and they made me sign the 2 copies. That's it. It seems like the experience might be different depending on your nationality. It was extremely fast and I got to pick up my luggages and I was out of the airport even faster than some other tourists/residents who were on the same flight.
True. YMMV. My wife too was also asked none of this. So can't really comment about the "nationality" part.

Infact I was not "asked" per se for the bfs186 forms - I made it a point to present it to them so that it's on record and I am not asked to pay duty for the stuff I'm importing.

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Continuing (each post has a 10000 char limit)

Phone:

For now I've signed up for the Public Mobile service. Will see how it goes.

Talked to the guys at freedom mobile but have read many negative reviews about data connectivity problems and call drops. Their rates are very competitive though.

Public mobile SIM cards are available at Walmart, wow mobile stores and online (no tracking on delivery though). I bought it at a Walmart (was asked to pay "exact" cash. Lol. Paid by card instead).

The sim costs $11 and some change. Plans and inclusions are available on their website.

Service up until now has been good. LTE and 3G speeds have been excellent.

Weather:

It's been overcast for the past few days with intermittent showers. Not too cold and not too warm.

Hope this helps.

Open to queries or other pointers if anyone needs.

Hope you all have a wonderful time in the country.

Best Regards,

RookieMistake.
Amazing information. Thanks a lot bro for sharing.

I have a confusion on the photographs for the PR cards. Some people say that their PR card processing got delayed because there were some issues with the photographs and were required to submit new photographs.

So, When do we need to submit the photographs at landing/immigration ? Dont they check it there itself to flag any issues with the specifications?

Hess

Oct 13, 2017
Amazing information. Thanks a lot bro for sharing.

I have a confusion on the photographs for the PR cards. Some people say that their PR card processing got delayed because there were some issues with the photographs and were required to submit new photographs.

So, When do we need to submit the photographs at landing/immigration ? Dont they check it there itself to flag any issues with the specifications?
They don't check the photos at landing, I've received a letter requesting the new photos after a month and a half approximately.

snar

Oct 14, 2017
hi , in the original post "custom section" , it was mentioned that you did prepare list of "goods with me" and "goods to follow" list in detail with all fields filled up and value mentioned.
Is there any form available for it?

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
Hi,

What is the difference between these two forms? One is BSF186 and the other is BSF186A.

Thanks,
The first one is the set of goods you'll be carrying with yourself.

Second one is a list of goods which you'll get at a later date or get it shipped through a moving company.

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
They don't check the photos at landing, I've received a letter requesting the new photos after a month and a half approximately.
Hi,

If there is any issue with the photograph(s), do they send a paper mail or notify via e-mail also?
Also, can we check online if CIC has requested a new photos?

Thanks,

Hess

Oct 13, 2017
Hi,

If there is any issue with the photograph(s), do they send a paper mail or notify via e-mail also?
Also, can we check online if CIC has requested a new photos?

Thanks,
Hi

I did receive an e-mail, basically it says the following:

Sir, Madam, This letter is to inform you that your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo. The photograph provided does not meet the required specifications. It is therefore impossible to produce the card until you provide the following: You must send: Two (2) new photos Your photos must meet the specifications set out in the attached document. If we do not receive the requested information within 60 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be considered abandoned. Please return this letter and photos by mail to: Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card PO Box 4500 – PRC Mailroom Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1

Not sure if this can be checked online, but honestly I don't think so.

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi

I did receive an e-mail, basically it says the following:

Sir, Madam, This letter is to inform you that your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo. The photograph provided does not meet the required specifications. It is therefore impossible to produce the card until you provide the following: You must send: Two (2) new photos Your photos must meet the specifications set out in the attached document. If we do not receive the requested information within 60 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be considered abandoned. Please return this letter and photos by mail to: Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card PO Box 4500 – PRC Mailroom Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1

Not sure if this can be checked online, but honestly I don't think so.
Thanks.

Any idea if the new photos must have to be taken from within Canada meeting their requirements?

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Continuing (each post has a 10000 char limit)

Phone:

For now I've signed up for the Public Mobile service. Will see how it goes.

Talked to the guys at freedom mobile but have read many negative reviews about data connectivity problems and call drops. Their rates are very competitive though.

Public mobile SIM cards are available at Walmart, wow mobile stores and online (no tracking on delivery though). I bought it at a Walmart (was asked to pay "exact" cash. Lol. Paid by card instead).

The sim costs $11 and some change. Plans and inclusions are available on their website.

Service up until now has been good. LTE and 3G speeds have been excellent.

Weather:

It's been overcast for the past few days with intermittent showers. Not too cold and not too warm.

Hope this helps.

Open to queries or other pointers if anyone needs.

Hope you all have a wonderful time in the country.

Best Regards,

RookieMistake.
Thank you so much for this informative post. I am planning to land on Saturday morning and apply for SIN at the airport itself, but I am not sure if Service Canada counter will be open on Saturday mornings. I am wondering on which day you landed?

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
Thank you so much for this informative post. I am planning to land on Saturday morning and apply for SIN at the airport itself, but I am not sure if Service Canada counter will be open on Saturday mornings. I am wondering on which day you landed?
Hi,

I landed on a Tuesday morning. Afaik the service Canada centres are open MON-FRI. I maybe wrong.

Don't know about the airport counter though. Maybe it's open maybe it's not. Would be good for travellers if it's open on all days.

Even if it's not you can walk into tor nearest one and get SINned (pun intended) ;-)

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi,

I landed on a Tuesday morning. Afaik the service Canada centres are open MON-FRI. I maybe wrong.

Don't know about the airport counter though. Maybe it's open maybe it's not. Would be good for travellers if it's open on all days.

Even if it's not you can walk into tor nearest one and get SINned (pun intended) ;-)
Thanks! I have another question, I am looking at BSF186 and there is section for vehicle information. Since we are not bringing any vehicle from US in short landing as of now, do we still need to mention in this section? However we will bring vehicles in 2nd trip by Road, so should I only mention them in BSF186A form?

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks! I have another question, I am looking at BSF186 and there is section for vehicle information. Since we are not bringing any vehicle from US in short landing as of now, do we still need to mention in this section? However we will bring vehicles in 2nd trip by Road, so should I only mention them in BSF186A form?
1. Yes, as goods to follow.