+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

sudharshvenk

Mar 5, 2017
Hi,

We are in US on work visa.
We got the "Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa" email that asks us to send our indian passports via VFS to new delhi.
(We were in India when we made the express entry application)

Is this email same as COPR? or is it some other document?
I read in this forum that COPR + Indian passports are good for getting into canada by land. Is that right?

Regards,
Sudha

Nik_shy

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Yes if you are leaving country before receiving of PR cards you need to apply for VISA. This information is pretty much available on CIC website as i am not very sure on this part. You may ask the same question from Immigration officer and they will guide you better too.

Hi. Congratulations on your landing. From your post, it seems that if I need to re-enter into Canada from home country w/o my PR card I would need a Canadian tourist visa again? if I have my PR card (i.e. i ask someone to get it for me from Canada into home country) I can re-enter Canada with the PR Card and don't need a visa then?

Defmode

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,

We are in US on work visa.
We got the "Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa" email that asks us to send our indian passports via VFS to new delhi.
(We were in India when we made the express entry application)

Is this email same as COPR? or is it some other document?
I read in this forum that COPR + Indian passports are good for getting into canada by land. Is that right?

Regards,
Sudha
No, this is the PPR mail (congrats). The COPR is issued after you've submitted your passports and other stuff required in the PPR mail. You can choose to land by any means when you have your COPR and passport in hand.

capsingh

May 13, 2016
Received the PPR mail today. If i submit my passport tomorrow to VFS, when can i expect the COPR to come? Also, when should i expect to travel? Supposedly by October i will have the COPR, should i plan to travel in December or earlier? I have leaves which will lapse in December.

Defmode

Jul 1, 2017
Received the PPR mail today. If i submit my passport tomorrow to VFS, when can i expect the COPR to come? Also, when should i expect to travel? Supposedly by October i will have the COPR, should i plan to travel in December or earlier? I have leaves which will lapse in December.
Congrats on your PPR. From what I have read on this forum, it could take around 30 days. When you have it in hand, I've read that you will be given a deadline by which you must land - whichever date comes first between the expiration of your medicals or expiration of your passport.

capsingh

May 13, 2016
Thanks one more question please. The PPR email quotes my UCI, and application number. My wife's UCI is not mentioned. There is no update in my CIC account. When i go to the VFS office, should i take both our passports or only mine? I am a bit concerned about this.

BhupeshDutt

Apr 14, 2017
Modinagar
Hi. Congratulations on your landing. From your post, it seems that if I need to re-enter into Canada from home country w/o my PR card I would need a Canadian tourist visa again? if I have my PR card (i.e. i ask someone to get it for me from Canada into home country) I can re-enter Canada with the PR Card and don't need a visa then?

By any chance if you have PR card with you, visa is not required to enter in Canada. Simply at the immigration you need to show PR card

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Thanks one more question please. The PPR email quotes my UCI, and application number. My wife's UCI is not mentioned. There is no update in my CIC account. When i go to the VFS office, should i take both our passports or only mine? I am a bit concerned about this.
Only the main applicants uci is always mentioned but when going to vfs submitt all the passports you applied for,status will change after copr

Superman18

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Hi All,

Is it possible to find for a job in Toronto while living in India. Please share any recruiting agency details. Got PPR and visa.visa Is expiring in Jan 2018. Planning to land in Toronto before that and for a period of 2 weeks to complete the landing formalities. Will apply for PR card and come back to India. I have a son 3 year old and daughter 1 year old. So it will be difficult to stay there without a job.

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
FSW Outland/Express entry
Noc 0111
AOR 13 Jan 17
Medical passed 10 Feb 17
PPR 22 April 17
PP Submitted 30 April 17
COPR & VISA 7 May 17
i wd like to ask you a question regarding the mismatch of present adress:

my passport issued on 18/5/2016, the present address mentioned there is different from my birth certificate.
The birth certificate was issued on 29/6/2017. Though the permanent address is same in both documents.
Do the different present address create any problems?

I wd like your comments in this regards..Thank you.

BhupeshDutt

Apr 14, 2017
Modinagar
Hi All,

Is it possible to find for a job in Toronto while living in India. Please share any recruiting agency details. Got PPR and visa.visa Is expiring in Jan 2018. Planning to land in Toronto before that and for a period of 2 weeks to complete the landing formalities. Will apply for PR card and come back to India. I have a son 3 year old and daughter 1 year old. So it will be difficult to stay there without a job.
To apply for any job, you have to have SIN#. Which is issued by service canada once you reach in Canada. Hope this answers to our question.

BhupeshDutt

Apr 14, 2017
Modinagar
i wd like to ask you a question regarding the mismatch of present adress:

my passport issued on 18/5/2016, the present address mentioned there is different from my birth certificate.
The birth certificate was issued on 29/6/2017. Though the permanent address is same in both documents.
Do the different present address create any problems?

I wd like your comments in this regards..Thank you.
This doesn't make any difference. You need to ensure whatever address you mention should confirm your stay during background check.

Reactions: immig95