Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Soon!
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
Hi Fellows, I with my family will travel to Calgary as a new immigrant; this would be a soft landing to obtain PR and complete some basic formalities. I need your support to advise:

a) Which Airline to travel thru from Karachi? i'm upto book KLM, if someone experienced KLM, please share. we will have our child with us.

b) If the flight is via Toronto or Montreal, would first landing airport become a point of immigration? Someone told me that I have to complete all immigration formalities at first landed airport and then from there travel to the domestic terminal to catch-up flight for Calgary. Even luggage I have to transfer my own. Is it correct?

c) How much time does it take to get PR in Calgary? Thankful if someone recently experienced this can advise

d) Do I need to buy health insurance my own from Karachi for my family for initial days till we get PR OR would it cover from Calgary – Alberta state?

Your valuable assistance will really help!

Thanks - Karim

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it was a nice landing story.

my brother is also in canada (sask) and i'm planning to join him through SINP soon.

i'm sure you'll get settled and get a job in no time. all the best to you and your family's new life in canada!
Hi,
did you get PR through SINP? Are you still in sask?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed in Toronto Pearson International Airport on Jan 18, 2017 (short landing, stayed 4 days)

Completed the declaration card on the flight. Upon arrival at the airport the immigration officer asked the purpose for my visit. Since I had left the number of days I will stay in Canada cell blank, she was a little ticked-off. I explained her that I am here to complete the landing procedure so was not sure what to put. She entered a capital I. She asked me if I have a detailed list of good to follow; I answered affirmatively and she then directed me to the secondary. There was a small line so took me about 20 min before I was called by another officer. She was really nice and asked me why was I sent to secondary. I showed her my COPR and she updated my flight information on COPR and asked me to sign it. She asked why are my kids not accompanying me and if I have a spouse. She also asked about the funds I had on me. I told her that I have $500 CAD cash and a letter from my bank confirming I have sufficient funds. She did not bother to see any of that. She then asked for an address where they can send the PR Card. I provided her my friend's address. It took her a while to update in the system as GCMS at first did not accept the address. She asked for help and was able to figure it out. After few minutes she handed back to me my passport and a signed copy of COPR and welcomed me to Canada. She asked me to keep my COPR with my passport until I get my PR Card and after that put it away in a safe place as I will need for my citizenship application. I inquired about SIN and Service Canada desk; she informed me that they no longer have a service desk at the airport due to construction so I should just google nearest location once I get to my destination in Canada.

From there I was directed to customs, where I informed the agent that I have goods-to-follow so I was directed to secondary. There was no line so I was called right away. The officer asked for copy of COPR and list of goods to follow. Thanks to this forum, I had a detailed list and two copies. The officer quickly updated information in the system, stamped my list of goods-to-follow and printed a receipt that showed I owed no duty/taxes on the goods. It took about 15 minutes as due to error she had to create a second receipt. She then walked me to exit and wished me all the best.

Since I was staying downtown I took UP express to union station. Walked to my hotel and dropped off my luggage and took subway to city hall. Told the agent that I am here to apply for SIN. He asked me for papers; showed him COPR stapled to my passport. He gave me a number and a form to complete. My number was called within 20 minutes. It took 10 minutes to make sure my landing records were updated in the system. The agent generated a SIN for me and explained how it works.

I stayed in Toronto for four days; visited lot of places and found people to be really friendly. Spoke with many people and learned a lot about the city. Overall a very pleasant experience. I want to thank you all and this forum for sharing information and guiding me throughout this process.
Hi,

Are you still in Toronto? How's everything on your end? I'm applying for PR so kinda hear experience about Canada from you guys who landed here.

BhupeshDutt

Apr 14, 2017
Modinagar
Hi,

I am writing to share my Landing experience which happened on 17th August at Vancouver airport.

We (Family) took flight from New Delhi airport via Air China. We landed at Vancouver airport on 17th August at 11:00 Am. It didn't not seem to be very much busy airport which were expecting (Good for us). The time we came out from plane we had no clue where to go and the good thing which we did was to follow our Co-passengers. Soon we saw a lady instructing everyone to be in line and fill some information in a Machine which had touch screen LED display. As our turn came, this Machine asked to scan passport. As soon as we scanned the first page of passport(which contains passport no.; name, date of birth..etc) system auto pulled all our details; ie: flight details, our names and other details. After this, machine asked to click photo which was done by system itself via machine’s camera. As a last step machine asked to fill up information which was as per to custom declaration card hence didn't fill customer declaration card. Finally machine printed a kind of acknowledgement receipt which were having our name; photos and other details.

Then we asked to meet Canada border service agency's agent. There were two queues. One was for Canadian citizen and second was for all others. So we moved to all others. Our turn came. Agent greeted and asked how much money we are carrying. We were carrying more than 10k CAD so he asked us to verify the same the from some Cash/finance counter (sorry can't remember the name of counter) after Immigration.

Now we moved towards to Immigration area. Again there were two lines. One for who landed as PR and second for Students/visitors. Then we met an agent from CANN (Canada Airport Newcomers Network) desk and he greeted us by saying "Welcome to Canada" and asked for our passports, COPR and acknowledgement receipt. He asked for a local address so we handover a pre-printed address to officer. He was happy to see this as printed details is always easy to understand. He did something on his Laptop and pasted a serial # on my passport. He provided a Booklet and pamphlets about jobs and instructions to settle for new comers. After this he informed us on receiving PR card which he said that it will take 6-8 weeks and guided us on Child benefits part as my family include a child too. He greeted us once again and asked to wait until immigration officer calls your serial# which was pasted on my passport.

Since the queue was long so it took 1 hour for our turn, Immigration officer greeted asked for the purpose of visit and asked if this was our first time landing in Canada. We provided answers as appropriate. Officer asked for Local address so we provided that printed copy of address and asked my relation with this person Then he questioned if we liked Canada. He took our passports, COPR and acknowledgement receipt asked to wait. Exact after 20 mins he called us and said “Can i ask you some questions”. I knew it gonna come, i said yes please. Here we go
1. Have you ever been into any crime or you have any criminal history.
2. Have you ever been denied with entry to Canada or any other country.
3. Any incident of Visa refusal for Canada.
4. Have ever been married more than 1 time.
5. And same question is for your wife.
6. Are you landing with all family members and is there any dependant left which are not mentioned on landing papers.

After this, officer asked how much money we are carrying and i replied with amount which was more than 10k CAD. He said we need to fill up one form but just because this forum we were aware of this Form (Cross border currency or Monetary instrument report) and we pre-printed with appropriate details. Officer was delighted to see this filled and appreciated us multiple times. Now officer told us that PR will be delivered between 6-8 weeks and we had to apply for visa in case if we are moving out of the country by Air until PR card comes. Soon after this he asked to sign on COPR. COPR with photographs they retained with them and provided us the one which was available without photograph and handover the same acknowledgement receipt. Lastly he asked, any question for us and we replied “No” and left from immigration area.

As a Last step we moved to cash counter for verification of money wherein cashier asked to fill same Form - Cross border currency or Monetary instrument report. We had second copy of pre-printed form and cashier was delighted too see that. He did not count anything, verified our papers and Stamped on same acknowledgement receipt and gave back.

That’s all and now we were on our way to exit gate wherein we asked to surrender the acknowledgement receipt to agent who were standing at exit. In nutshell you need to be very well prepared with your documents and basic questions which immigration officer will ask as this will enable to perform smooth landing procedures.

On next day, 18th August we took SIN# from Service Canada office which hardly took half an hour to generate.

This forum helped me a lot to understand in depth of everything related to Canada, be it is express entry , country’s culture, visa information and much more. Special thanks to all the members whose valuable feedback comments guided us thru all the procedure ie: from filing to Immigration. Thanks a Lot once again.

Cheers and i wish successful and speedy entry of yours.

Regards,
Bhupesh

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi,

I am writing to share my Landing experience which happened on 17th August at Vancouver airport.

We (Family) took flight from New Delhi airport via Air China. We landed at Vancouver airport on 17th August at 11:00 Am. It didn't not seem to be very much busy airport which were expecting (Good for us). The time we came out from plane we had no clue where to go and the good thing which we did was to follow our Co-passengers. Soon we saw a lady instructing everyone to be in line and fill some information in a Machine which had touch screen LED display. As our turn came, this Machine asked to scan passport. As soon as we scanned the first page of passport(which contains passport no.; name, date of birth..etc) system auto pulled all our details; ie: flight details, our names and other details. After this, machine asked to click photo which was done by system itself via machine’s camera. As a last step machine asked to fill up information which was as per to custom declaration card hence didn't fill customer declaration card. Finally machine printed a kind of acknowledgement receipt which were having our name; photos and other details.

Then we asked to meet Canada border service agency's agent. There were two queues. One was for Canadian citizen and second was for all others. So we moved to all others. Our turn came. Agent greeted and asked how much money we are carrying. We were carrying more than 10k CAD so he asked us to verify the same the from some Cash/finance counter (sorry can't remember the name of counter) after Immigration.

Now we moved towards to Immigration area. Again there were two lines. One for who landed as PR and second for Students/visitors. Then we met an agent from CANN (Canada Airport Newcomers Network) desk and he greeted us by saying "Welcome to Canada" and asked for our passports, COPR and acknowledgement receipt. He asked for a local address so we handover a pre-printed address to officer. He was happy to see this as printed details is always easy to understand. He did something on his Laptop and pasted a serial # on my passport. He provided a Booklet and pamphlets about jobs and instructions to settle for new comers. After this he informed us on receiving PR card which he said that it will take 6-8 weeks and guided us on Child benefits part as my family include a child too. He greeted us once again and asked to wait until immigration officer calls your serial# which was pasted on my passport.

Since the queue was long so it took 1 hour for our turn, Immigration officer greeted asked for the purpose of visit and asked if this was our first time landing in Canada. We provided answers as appropriate. Officer asked for Local address so we provided that printed copy of address and asked my relation with this person Then he questioned if we liked Canada. He took our passports, COPR and acknowledgement receipt asked to wait. Exact after 20 mins he called us and said “Can i ask you some questions”. I knew it gonna come, i said yes please. Here we go
6. Are you landing with all family members and is there any dependant left which are not mentioned on landing papers.

After this, officer asked how much money we are carrying and i replied with amount which was more than 10k CAD. He said we need to fill up one form but just because this forum we were aware of this Form (Cross border currency or Monetary instrument report) and we pre-printed with appropriate details. Officer was delighted to see this filled and appreciated us multiple times. Now officer told us that PR will be delivered between 6-8 weeks and we had to apply for visa in case if we are moving out of the country by Air until PR card comes. Soon after this he asked to sign on COPR. COPR with photographs they retained with them and provided us the one which was available without photograph and handover the same acknowledgement receipt. Lastly he asked, any question for us and we replied “No” and left from immigration area.

As a Last step we moved to cash counter for verification of money wherein cashier asked to fill same Form - Cross border currency or Monetary instrument report. We had second copy of pre-printed form and cashier was delighted too see that. He did not count anything, verified our papers and Stamped on same acknowledgement receipt and gave back.

That’s all and now we were on our way to exit gate wherein we asked to surrender the acknowledgement receipt to agent who were standing at exit. In nutshell you need to be very well prepared with your documents and basic questions which immigration officer will ask as this will enable to perform smooth landing procedures.

On next day, 18th August we took SIN# from Service Canada office which hardly took half an hour to generate.

This forum helped me a lot to understand in depth of everything related to Canada, be it is express entry , country’s culture, visa information and much more. Special thanks to all the members whose valuable feedback comments guided us thru all the procedure ie: from filing to Immigration. Thanks a Lot once again.

Regards,
Bhupesh
Thanks for sharing and congrats to you,may i ask you what did he mean by that a visa will be needed if you left before recieving your pr cards?? Thanks

sumeetc_777

Feb 12, 2017
Thank you. Immigrant visa is only valid for single entry.
Hi...i am planning to land in canada along...finalize house etc. and then come to India and take my family along...which means i will have to leave canada before PR card is issued to me...so will i have to apply for a visa to enter canada again (from India) or what is the process? pls help.

warrioraks100

Sep 10, 2016
Hi,

Regards,
Bhupesh

Hi Bhupesh!

Congratulations on your landing!
Just got a quick question for you!

- Did you carry more than 10K in cash?
If we are carrying less than 10K in cash and rest in our bank accounts, do you need to fill in this form?

Thanks in advance!

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Hi,

Regards,
Bhupesh
Thank you for shearing ur landing experience. It wd be helpful. I wd like to know which stream of immigration program u enrolled in. And what is ur NOC.It wd be better to have a timeline since ur start. Looking forward to get ur help..

BhupeshDutt

Apr 14, 2017
Modinagar
Hi...i am planning to land in canada along...finalize house etc. and then come to India and take my family along...which means i will have to leave canada before PR card is issued to me...so will i have to apply for a visa to enter canada again (from India) or what is the process? pls help.
Yes if you are leaving country before receiving of PR cards you need to apply for VISA. This information is pretty much available on CIC website as i am not very sure on this part. You may ask the same question from Immigration officer and they will guide you better too.

BhupeshDutt

Apr 14, 2017
Modinagar
Yes if you are leaving country before receiving of PR cards you need to apply for VISA. This information is pretty much available on CIC website as i am not very sure on this part. You may ask the same question from Immigration officer and they will guide you better too.

BhupeshDutt

Apr 14, 2017
Modinagar
Hi Bhupesh!

Congratulations on your landing!
Just got a quick question for you!

- Did you carry more than 10K in cash?
If we are carrying less than 10K in cash and rest in our bank accounts, do you need to fill in this form?

Thanks in advance!
Thank you for wishes.

You need to declare only what you are bringing in form of cash or draft/cheque. In case if you are bringing money less than 10k in form of cash/draft and rest in your bank account, you are not required to fill form

Reactions: warrioraks100

BhupeshDutt

Apr 14, 2017
Modinagar
Thank you for shearing ur landing experience. It wd be helpful. I wd like to know which stream of immigration program u enrolled in. And what is ur NOC.It wd be better to have a timeline since ur start. Looking forward to get ur help..

FSW Outland/Express entry
Noc 0111
AOR 13 Jan 17
Medical passed 10 Feb 17
PPR 22 April 17
PP Submitted 30 April 17
COPR & VISA 7 May 17

Reactions: immig95

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Hi,

Regards,
Bhupesh
All the best for u nd ur family...thanks for this detailed description