+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My expriences so far ... first two days in Toronto!!!

rorita13

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITh APP.
File Transfer...
18-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2015 /Passports received 21-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
hi
im planning to land next month in toronto :)
just want to check on one thing, for goods accompanying, if it's just clothing, few books and belongings, do i still need to fill the B4 form?
for jewellery, is it mandatory to have all invoices? some are old possessions and i dont have the relevant invoices

thanks in advance for replies

rorita :)

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
rorita13 said:
hi
im planning to land next month in toronto :)
just want to check on one thing, for goods accompanying, if it's just clothing, few books and belongings, do i still need to fill the B4 form?
for jewellery, is it mandatory to have all invoices? some are old possessions and i dont have the relevant invoices

thanks in advance for replies

rorita :)
for books and non precious items, no form is required only for Gold and expensive items and items coming after landing by ship (Furniture, TV etc) should be in the list
when I landed they have not checked only I have the list of all Gold Bangles, nucleuses, rings etc with weight and approximately prices on that date in Canadian dollars.

rorita13

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITh APP.
File Transfer...
18-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2015 /Passports received 21-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
nekeol said:
for books and non precious items, no form is required only for Gold and expensive items and items coming after landing by ship (Furniture, TV etc) should be in the list
when I landed they have not checked only I have the list of all Gold Bangles, nucleuses, rings etc with weight and approximately prices on that date in Canadian dollars.
thank you nekeol :)

Feb 17, 2016
Hi guys,

Some of the stories here are kind of unsettling :( Are things really that bad for new immigrants? And the fact that there is a mini recession right now because of the oil prices just makes me worry even more.

(off topic: can anyone suggest a good forwarder for our goods to follow, please? Thanks!)

Can't wait to see Toronto for the first time!!!

crosstheevil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
After reading a few pages of this post, I came to realize that Canada might be most suitable for offsprings of rich business people and corrupted government officials from the 3rd world ...

I'm from a Southeast Asian country and I have to admit I would not even think of immigrating if there's freedom in its true sense in my country. Yet, many rich people here could buy Canadian and US citizenship. The thing that's been bugging me is how easy it is for dirty money to be laundered through immigration and how descendants of the corrupted become citizens of the free world. Being born in the 3rd world is not that bad if you're in the "right" family. I have a small daughter and I want the best for her, unfortunately at the end of the day, it's all about the money. I guess we would all be happier if we don't have dreams and be more accepting of our reality.

Reactions: astralsource

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
crosstheevil said:
After reading a few pages of this post, I came to realize that Canada might be most suitable for offsprings of rich business people and corrupted government officials from the 3rd world ...

I'm from a Southeast Asian country and I have to admit I would not even think of immigrating if there's freedom in its true sense in my country. Yet, many rich people here could buy Canadian and US citizenship. The thing that's been bugging me is how easy it is for dirty money to be laundered through immigration and how descendants of the corrupted become citizens of the free world. Being born in the 3rd world is not that bad if you're in the "right" family. I have a small daughter and I want the best for her, unfortunately at the end of the day, it's all about the money. I guess we would all be happier if we don't have dreams and be more accepting of our reality.
If you had the money and the right family, would you come to this forum and make this comment? Human beings are the same whether in India or UK or Canada or Nigeria or Saudi Arabia. It's just that we are raised with traditions, cultures, religion and we have differences and we want our opinion, belief to be true and rub it on others.

crosstheevil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
fswevaluation said:
If you had the money and the right family, would you come to this forum and make this comment? Human beings are the same whether in India or UK or Canada or Nigeria or Saudi Arabia. It's just that we are raised with traditions, cultures, religion and we have differences and we want our opinion, belief to be true and rub it on others.
Never. And thats the point.

analystpk

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
21-07-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-07-2015 SLU
Med's Request
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Great thread, that's all I can say

Good luck to all new immigrants and those who are getting through the settlement phase

Cheers!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ATM photographie Canada said:
Hi guys,

Some of the stories here are kind of unsettling :( Are things really that bad for new immigrants? And the fact that there is a mini recession right now because of the oil prices just makes me worry even more.

(off topic: can anyone suggest a good forwarder for our goods to follow, please? Thanks!)

Can't wait to see Toronto for the first time!!!
Well its very challenging for sure, how bad/or good it is depends on how prepared you are to face the obstacles and also depends on your field of expertise. Prepare a good plan for yourself, set realistic goals and expectations and take it one step at a time.

Just for the record, having a professional job relevant to your experience does not mean your problems are over. Cost cutting and layoffs are not uncommon in an unhealthy economy, Life expenses are quite high in major cities, car insurance prices are very high, canadian dollar is at its weakest, average housing prices are $1 million + in large cities.