+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP - Work Permit Extension through my employer.

Otaner

Feb 3, 2017
Hi guys, how are you?

I have a doubt about the process to extend my work permit through my employer, can someone help me?

I have been working in Winnipeg for 6 months and I have just submitted my EOI this month. I'm worried about my time because my VISA is about to expire on September 15, 2017. My employer would like to help me, but I don't know if they have some experience applying for it.

Which steps should they do together with the MPNP? Do we have to wait until I get my nomination?

The purpose is to close my work permit with my employer, then I can extend my work permit and I will have enough time to wait for the whole process until I get my permanent residence.

Anyone who knows about this process can help me?

Thank you in advance. ;)

jabba1

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
Hi!
Hold Your horses buddy :D
You've got only EOI, wait for LAA submit Your application, for now You need only job offer from Your employer, You can extend Your current work permit after nomination. Just to let You know, MPNP will not do anything with Your application until Your current work permit is about to expire, people get nomination 3-4 weeks before WP expiration date.

Otaner

Feb 3, 2017
jabba1 said:
Hi!
Hold Your horses buddy :D
You've got only EOI, wait for LAA submit Your application, for now You need only job offer from Your employer, You can extend Your current work permit after nomination. Just to let You know, MPNP will not do anything with Your application until Your current work permit is about to expire, people get nomination 3-4 weeks before WP expiration date.
Yeah, I know... I'm just trying to figure out the best way to proceed with my extension in advance. So, I want to ask my employer if they can help me, but I want to provide some information about the process. Looks like I'll need the (Offers of Employment from a specific employer for LMIA-exempt foreign workers), am I right?

Thanks!

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Yeah, I know... I'm just trying to figure out the best way to proceed with my extension in advance. So, I want to ask my employer if they can help me, but I want to provide some information about the process. Looks like I'll need the (Offers of Employment from a specific employer for LMIA-exempt foreign workers), am I right?

Thanks!
After getting in draw , How long it takes to get nomination now a days for skilled workers in Manitoba ?

Otaner

Feb 3, 2017
After getting in draw , How long it takes to get nomination now a days for skilled workers in Manitoba ?
Hi aquarius1,

EOI Submitted - March 07, 2017
LAA Received (Draw 28) - March 16, 2017
LAA Submitted - March 26, 2017
FILE Number Received - March 27, 2017

Current Status: Received

I hope they don't take too long to give me an answer.

Reactions: aquarius1

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Hi aquarius1,

EOI Submitted - March 07, 2017
LAA Received (Draw 28) - March 16, 2017
LAA Submitted - March 26, 2017
FILE Number Received - March 27, 2017

Current Status: Received

I hope they don't take too long to give me an answer.
Please update me when you get nomination. Thanks