Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
My PD is 2013 January. If 2011 people have no hopes, I should just get ready for a decade lol :p

DEEPCUR said:
He hinted that he wants to move to a merit based system like Canada and Australia several times. Google Trump's merit based system and you get tons of links.

Even otherwise, 2011 PD is never going be current in next few years. EB2 is getting only 2800 visas as spill overs have drained from other categories and all are consumed by EB3 porters from 2008-2009. The date has hardly moved in last 6 months or so.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
mshaikh said:
My PD is 2013 January. If 2011 people have no hopes, I should just get ready for a decade lol :p
By which you and your family can get Canadian passport and come back to US on TN visa or settle there itself peacefully!

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Same here...

Came to US like 10 year ago, still on H1b. PD in 2013. No hopes for GC anytime in another 15 to 20 years due to Eb1 eating up the spill overs. I have 2 kids with elder 10 and was born in India. I see in 11 yrs he would be aging out from the queue. And I being 40+ although with Masters , my chances are still bleak for Canada PR. But still trying.

Right now, I'm not at all worried about salaries in Canada. My only worry is about getting the PR.

Dec 14, 2014
Thinkin said:
Sent message to gprasad.n. Looking at the post below seems like US Citizen minor can come with US passport. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsor-our-us-citizen-child-inside-canada-t246134.0.html
Yes, Been there done that ( Last year). You can tell them at border that you are PR & he/she is US Citizen and you will apply for his/her PR. They will give you something called visitor landing record paper. Once applied for PR it usually takes around 6-8 months for PR card ( Including call for medical in between).

Dec 14, 2014
DEEPCUR said:
By which you and your family can get Canadian passport and come back to US on TN visa or settle there itself peacefully!
TN visa is another dark area beacuse of NAFTA in questions nowdays. Better stick to H1B and either commute to work from canada or peacefully settle in Canada until they make some changes in H1B>GC process.. ( Current H1B>GC for Priority date after 2009 have no hope)

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
Sorry to hear your tribulations with GC. I have similar numbers, came to US 10 years ago. PD in Jan 2013. I think you should be a little more helpful though, let's hope you get GC in next 5-6 years. I know it's always uncertain. Anyways, I do have Canadian PR and am still thinking if I should move or not (nearing my 3 years allowed outside the country) . I have similar opinion as yours that money although important doesn't take priority over stability and life. After hearing your thoughts, I lean ever so more to moving to Canada.

h1b2pr said:
Same here...

Came to US like 10 year ago, still on H1b. PD in 2013. No hopes for GC anytime in another 15 to 20 years due to Eb1 eating up the spill overs. I have 2 kids with elder 10 and was born in India. I see in 11 yrs he would be aging out from the queue. And I being 40+ although with Masters , my chances are still bleak for Canada PR. But still trying.

Right now, I'm not at all worried about salaries in Canada. My only worry is about getting the PR.

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
I agree, TN visa may be in jeopardy. I don't see a lot of people move to US on TN though once they settle in Canada, don't you think? Most people want to visit US for fun and stay in Canada since they have house there, their kids go to school their. I think people who are in IT and really really want to make much more money would want to move to US if they don't have enough savings. Also, I have seen people from Vancouver move to US since I believe it's impossibly expensive there !

H1B_140approved_CanadaPR said:
TN visa is another dark area beacuse of NAFTA in questions nowdays. Better stick to H1B and either commute to work from canada or peacefully settle in Canada until they make some changes in H1B>GC process.. ( Current H1B>GC for Priority date after 2009 have no hope)

Dec 14, 2014
mshaikh said:
I agree, TN visa may be in jeopardy. I don't see a lot of people move to US on TN though once they settle in Canada, don't you think? Most people want to visit US for fun and stay in Canada since they have house there, their kids go to school their. I think people who are in IT and really really want to make much more money would want to move to US if they don't have enough savings. Also, I have seen people from Vancouver move to US since I believe it's impossibly expensive there !
Yes. I have few Canadian Citizen Friends who want to move to US as it gives them more opportunities. Infect some one working on TN visa applied for H1B this year as it gives him route to GC.

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
I see, good to know. Thanks for sharing. I have one friend who lives in Ontario but would not want to come to US lol.

He was in US on H1 for a few years.

H1B_140approved_CanadaPR said:
Yes. I have few Canadian Citizen Friends who want to move to US as it gives them more opportunities. Infect some one working on TN visa applied for H1B this year as it gives him route to GC.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I think initial ice is tough to break. Once we do a hard stop, move and land in decent job, most won't like to look back. It is not easy to keep moving places, stressful. Particularly after spending 5+ years for citizenship, it will be too hard to uproot everything just for $15 - $20k additional money won't make sense to anyone.

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
I agree. Especially true for folks who have lived in US. If they have a steady job in Canada, they tend to choose family comfort rather than personal growth US has to offer.

DEEPCUR said:
I think initial ice is tough to break. Once we do a hard stop, move and land in decent job, most won't like to look back. It is not easy to keep moving places, stressful. Particularly after spending 5+ years for citizenship, it will be too hard to uproot everything just for $15 - $20k additional money won't make sense to anyone.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
mshaikh said:
Sorry to hear your tribulations with GC. I have similar numbers, came to US 10 years ago. PD in Jan 2013. I think you should be a little more helpful though, let's hope you get GC in next 5-6 years. I know it's always uncertain. Anyways, I do have Canadian PR and am still thinking if I should move or not (nearing my 3 years allowed outside the country) . I have similar opinion as yours that money although important doesn't take priority over stability and life. After hearing your thoughts, I lean ever so more to moving to Canada.
I would just move to Canada without a second thought considering my rapport with my current employer. If your employer is willing to keep the i140 and agree to apply i485 when its current, better move to Canada. Who knows you might love there and never get back to US. if things don't work out, within 5 years you can get back to US on TN once you get citizenship.

sgtch

Feb 9, 2017
Hello friends,
So glad I found this thread:) Like most people here, I am an Indian citizen, on a H1B, working in a SV based company. My wife and I recently got ITA for Canadian PR in the FSW stream (Round 65, she is the primary applicant). Our plan is to (assuming nothing goes wrong in our application) land in Canada to activate our PR sometime during the summer of 2018 and then move permanently to Canada after a couple of years; say around late 2020/early 2021, so as to meet our residency obligation. We do not have any relatives in Canada, nor do we own any property/ have any address in Canada.
I have a couple of questions:
1. From 2018 to the time we finally move to Canada, will we have to pay Canadian tax on our US income?
2. When we do move to Canada, how do we move our US savings? Will that be taxed at that point? Or can we move our savings to Canada tax free?
Looking forward to replies from anyone who has knowledge about such situation. Thanks.

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
FBI PCC received 20-02-2015
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2104 Meds -Received 13-02-2015 - after 2 months
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
I would just move to Canada without a second thought considering my rapport with my current employer. If your employer is willing to keep the i140 and agree to apply i485 when its current, better move to Canada. Who knows you might love there and never get back to US. if things don't work out, within 5 years you can get back to US on TN once you get citizenship.
Same here...

Spot on. It all depends on your priorities in your life.
I was in US for 12 years with PD of sep 2006. the prediction was that it would take another 3-4 years to get the GC.
I had the canadian PR since 2015, and I decided to move out Sep 2016. and I'm glad I did the move before Nov ;-)
I do occasionally travel to US for pleasure.
I understand that the pay is less, but you have a universal health care that covers the cost of your US insurance. (especially the high deductables).

I would suggest it's the right time to make a move. Good luck to all.

backupoption123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
1) Does the nights and weekends spent in Canada while working a day job in US counts towards your PR renewal or Citizenship , or both?

2) Where should I apply the NEXUS card from? US or canada? (H1B (140 approved ) + CanadaPR)
2a) Which number plates to use for my car ( canada or USA ) ? If canada, is it advised to export/import the US car or just buy one in Canada?

3) Any serious tax implications? ( loosing money?)