+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MORE DIFFICULT NOW TO IMMIGRATE TO CANADA THAN BEFORE

Joey

Apr 2, 2010
Everybody, is it really harder to immigrate to Canada now? All the sad stories of people application pending with long delays are becoming more common.

if anybody can tell me which country is the best option now to immigrate to, please tell why.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is harder to qualify, for example for the skilled worker program but it is taking a lot less time. Before 2008, there was up to a 6 year wait in some countries.

The country that is easiest for you to immigrate to depends on your skills and your citizenship. If you are from an EU country, it is obviously very easy for you to immigrate to another EU country. If your country has an open job market agreement with any other countries, then those would be the easiest countries for you to immigrate to. Some countries have working holiday visa agreements with Canada and for those people, that can be a way to get their foot in the door, come to Canada, make connections and at the end of that visa have an employer who will sponsor them under a PNP or apply for their work permit.

etus

Dec 12, 2010
Hi everyone! I applied for PR in November 2006,I was contacted in November 2008 to submit the supporting documents.Since the I was contacted every 8-9 months for additional documentation.I applied from an EU country at the Vienna office.Now has been more than 4 years since we are waiting for a decision ....we are really tired of waiting, being in limbo. last time when I was asked for addition documents was middle of July 2010 (more than 5 months!!)
Do you know anyone who was waiting such long from an Eu-country?
Any reply would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
etus said:
Do you know anyone who was waiting such long from an Eu-country?
If you look at the processing times at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp#europe it's giving 43 months for Vienna for 80% of cases for the old applications so your application is slow moving but still not taking an overly long time for Vienna since you are at 48 months now.

Joey

Apr 2, 2010
Leon said:
If you look at the processing times at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp#europe it's giving 43 months for Vienna for 80% of cases for the old applications so your application is slow moving but still not taking an overly long time for Vienna since you are at 48 months now.
is the old system of waiting many years after filing your application still in effect now, and how can i apply for this one?

pls give details for applications filed here in asia.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not apply under the old rules any more. This is the system that was in effect before 2008 when many more people qualified to apply but the waiting time was long, up to 6 years from some countries. They will still complete the applications that are still in the system but if you want to apply now, you must qualify and apply under the current rules.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Joey said:
Everybody, is it really harder to immigrate to Canada now? All the sad stories of people application pending with long delays are becoming more common.

if anybody can tell me which country is the best option now to immigrate to, please tell why.
Nigeria is the best country to immigrate to the visa is easy and stress free.
with Nigeria i dont think you will go through all these
thank you