+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Money to live on

Kris233

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Discounting money needed for my flight and accomodating. How much money do you feel is wise to take with me when I move to Toronto?

It's looking like I'll be taking $35000 - $40000 with me.

Investocrat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Winnipeg
That's a good amount. However, how long that would last will depend on a lot of factors, including your family size, where you plan to live, size of accommodation, etc. When it comes to immigrating, the more you have, the greater your peace of mind.

Dr cox

Sep 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
Discounting money needed for my flight and accomodating. How much money do you feel is wise to take with me when I move to Toronto?

It's looking like I'll be taking $35000 - $40000 with me.
Totally depends on your objectives, as per my knowledge small family of 3 may be, can live reasonably in 4k/month, i have heard people telling that you should have enough money for atleast 3-4 months when you first arrive, but obviously more money you have, better it is, as it can give you leverage to wait for the right job rather than filling in the part time jobs.
Best of luck

Kris233

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Just to give context to all posters, I am a single guy settling alone in Toronto, will probably move into a 2 bedroom apartment with a room mate.

ahsen

Jan 25, 2016
would you advise buying an old car or use public transport for first six months. Is public transport is well spread connecting whole Toronto.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
would you advise buying an old car or use public transport for first six months. Is public transport is well spread connecting whole Toronto.
If possible stick to public transportation it will save you lots of money. It all depends on where you live. Some places are easily accessible using public transportation while others are not.

Kris233

Star Member
May 4, 2017
If possible stick to public transportation it will save you lots of money. It all depends on where you live. Some places are easily accessible using public transportation while others are not.
Thank you so, TTC, and GoTrain it is haha

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Just to give context to all posters, I am a single guy settling alone in Toronto, will probably move into a 2 bedroom apartment with a room mate.
Hi, how did you find an apartment? I am also a single guy about to move to Toronto in January, and I am looking for a room.