+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico City Visa Office

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Is anyone experiencing delays on their applications for a work permit at this visa office?

I am so I am concern about it and would like to know if someone is in the same situation. Thanks.

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Has any one recently filed or got approval for the Canada work permit from Mexico city office.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
I got excited when i saw this topic and then I saw it was yours hahahaha we're the only two people from mexico apparently hahaha

Usver

Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 26 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 29 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 25 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 11 2013
Med's Done....
july 12 2013
Passport Req..
August 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2013
LANDED..........
September 24 2013
hello there, I'm planning to apply for my work permit in the Mexico city Embassy but it looks like is going to take forever.
so maybe it is a better idea just to wait to complete the PR process and then return to Canada.

SHSL

Jul 3, 2013
Me and my partner have submitted a student and temporary resident visa applications through the Monterrey VAC on June 14 however we have not received a response yet.

We were not able to track the status of our application and called the VAC call center. We were told it would take about 25 days to hear back from them.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
well, Coralin and me applied for a work visa since April 15th through the VAC in mexico city and we havent gotten our visas yet! first they said it would take 30-40 working days and then they were like "oh thats the average, we cant promise you you will get it by then" and then the strike happened and now we have NO IDEA when are we getting our visas. We are desperate and Im trying to find people who got an answer during june, at least that would make me feel like they're still working.. slow, but working.

SHSL

Jul 3, 2013
According to the VAC website processing times we should be hearing about the Visa by the end of this week (25 days for TR and 4 weeks for SP) however the Canada Embassy webpage provides for different information:

Temporary resident visa (visitor visa):
Average processing time for 80% of applications submitted directly at the Visa Section of the Embassy in the last 4 weeks: 47 days.

Study permit :
Average processing time for 80% of applications submitted directly at the Visa Section of the Embassy in the last 4 weeks: 6 weeks.

Temporary work permit:
Average processing time for 80% of applications submitted directly at the Visa Section of the Embassy in the last 4 weeks: 2 months.

to be honest I am starting to get a little desperate :(

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
yeah, but remember that processing times change depending on where did you sent your application to. if the situation were normal, you'd have to follow the VAC processing times, but with the ongoing strike.. dont pay attention to either one. next week will be 3 months since i applied for my work permit and i already lost my job in canada.

SHSL

Jul 3, 2013
Sorry to hear about your job. Will you still be able to go there if you no longer have a job offer?

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
well... the family was nice enough to let me continue with my application process.. so i need to find another job and once im in Canada, i will do the paperwork to change employers... if not, i'd have to find a new family and start the process all over again, which would take me another 6 months.

bteufel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for a Study Permit for myself and a Open Work Permit for my spouse through the Mexico City VAC. My documents were received by the Embassy on July 09th, I hope to get our visas in time for travel (end of August). Good luck to all !!

cardenasm77

Jul 10, 2013
I applied for my visa on May 6th 2013. I am still waiting for my visa. A friend of mine received his visa on June 2013!. He actually is at Canada nowdays.

I would like to get in touch with the canadian embassy directly, but I can't. If anyone have a direct contact with a visa officer please send me a message text to my cell phone number 0456691420140

I need to go to Canada at the end of july, otherwise I will lost my job here in México and the opportunity at Canada. It is urgent to receive my visa!!!!!! Who can help me!!!.

I propose a letter to the embassy demanding our visas!

Thank you

cardenasm77

Jul 10, 2013
No, my friend applied on April 24th. He flew to Canada on Saturday July 6th 2013. He received his visa on June 29th 2013.

This company is now waiting for me!!!

What can I do?