+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical-PPR-Visa Timeline? Canadian Embassy Manila

meiling

Mar 29, 2009
I want to ask those sponsored husbands/families in the Philippines how long did it take to get a passport request / visa issuance after the medical (if it all goes well). I sponsored my husband and he had his medical results submitted to the canadian embassy on Sept. 12, 2012.

Chris40

Oct 9, 2012
Hi! our time time was as follows,
Mississauga received our paper work March 13 2012
Sponsorship decision made June 20 2012
Manila received my wife's file June 25 2012with medical results
Passport request letter received by her August 15 2012
Manila started processing her application August 31st 2012
Decision made
visa issued/received Sept 28 2012
She will arrive here in Canada Nov 25th (Expiry on visa is Jan 23 2013)

So in all just over 6 months for approval. Hope this helps! Good luck

meiling

Mar 29, 2009
Thanks, so the ppr is roughly a month and a half wait after medical results are sent to the Manila embassy? and decision/visa would come a month after? I would think that this is an application for sponsorship by someone who is already an immigrant/canadian citizen based on the fast processing? I applied mine April 2010 in Vegreville, I got my open permit October 2011, and then 10 months after I got a letter saying my husband is due for medical. I sponsored my husband and I'm under the live in caregiver class so it is probably a different processing time, but it would be nice if his application will be processed in 6 months.

Chris40

Oct 9, 2012
Yes, I am a Canadian Citizen. I'm sure there could be a different timeline as you are sponsoring under a different circumstance. We certainly weren't expecting it all to happen this quick and I can't explain why it only took 6 months. Just stay the course and be patient (I know that's not easy) Good luck to you and your husband.