31-05-2016
Med's Done....
09-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017 (went on vacation before doing the landing)
Hi! I just would like to ask from anybody with experience in applying for Visit visa for parents. We applied for my mom-in-law's visit visa and she is 63yrs old from the Philippines. We just received an email from IRCC asking her to have a medical exam. I have friends who told me before that if the applicant is above 60 then there is no need for her to undergo medical exam and I just don't know if that changes now. To those who went for medical exam may I know how much does it cost? Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi! I just would like to ask from anybody with experience in applying for Visit visa for parents. We applied for my mom-in-law's visit visa and she is 63yrs old from the Philippines. We just received an email from IRCC asking her to have a medical exam. I have friends who told me before that if the applicant is above 60 then there is no need for her to undergo medical exam and I just don't know if that changes now. To those who went for medical exam may I know how much does it cost? Thank you
1. Your "friends" don't know what they are talking about.
2. Anyone who has resided in a scheduled country for more than 6 months and intends to visit Canada for 6 months or more, requires a medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
http://www.slec.ph/canada-visa-applicants.shtml#medical-fees

subhasha

Oct 1, 2017
I will be visiting only for a month and I do not need to take medical exam. But what documents should I upload for medical exam proof ? (I think it is mandatory and the submit button is not visible until I upload some document there)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I will be visiting only for a month and I do not need to take medical exam. But what documents should I upload for medical exam proof ? (I think it is mandatory and the submit button is not visible until I upload some document there)
If you see the medical exam slot, You might have answered “yes” to the question about having taken a medical exam in the last 12 months, so change your answer.

It’s not mandatory for 1-month visitors. If ever CIC needs it they will request it after you submit your application.