+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Billing/Coding Opportunities in Canada

Tronn82

Jul 5, 2010
Hello. I am a US citizen in the process of getting a National Certification in Advanced Medical Billing/Coding. I should be done by Winter 2011. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any Medical Billing/Coding Opportunities in Canada. How does Canada's Medical Billing differ from America's? Would I have to retake any classes or exams? Thanks so much for any insight! :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't have any first hand experience.

However I believe Everest College in Ontario offers courses in this area. Maybe you could check out their web site to see how similar the courese/material are?

Also, I do think there are some pretty big differences between Canada and the US in this area. Keep in mind that Canada has a socialized health care system which means that the type of interaction and level of interaction between health care providers, patients and insurance companies is very different. However logically it seems that you should still be able to use at least some of what you've learned here.

Tronn82

Jul 5, 2010
Thanks for looking out, Scylla! I will give them a call and visit their website to see what further information I can obtain about this. I appreciate ya! :)

canadianatheart

May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most medical offices will have a medical assistant that would do the billing in the office and you are working with Ohip so it is easier than in the states. I don't know if you are working as a medical biller right now and have clients but if you do you could always continue doing that once you come here.