+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage post COPR

lovesburrito

Mar 17, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I have a situation and need a response. I recieved my COPR on 13th sept but have my wedding coming up in 3rd week of november.
The COPR letter states I should inform them about change in marital status, do i have to do it post the wedding or before it?
I am in India so is this office the New delhi office or should i email it to the ottawa id?
Is there a phone number where I can speak to them and clarify this?
Any help is appreciated, extremely harried at this point.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,
I have a situation and need a response. I recieved my COPR on 13th sept but have my wedding coming up in 3rd week of november.
The COPR letter states I should inform them about change in marital status, do i have to do it post the wedding or before it?
I am in India so is this office the New delhi office or should i email it to the ottawa id?
Is there a phone number where I can speak to them and clarify this?
Any help is appreciated, extremely harried at this point.
1. Since you aren't married yet, there is nothing to inform New Delhi.
2. If you haven't "landed" you will have to return your COPR and add your spouse to your application. S/he will be required to complete all the forms, police certificates etc. as per the checklist.
3. You can't "land" before your spouse is examined and approved, if you do, you can't sponsor your spouse ever.
4. ND doesn't have a listed phone number, you can send a Case Specific Inquiry (CSE) the web form is on their web page.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi

1. Since you aren't married yet, there is nothing to inform New Delhi.
2. If you haven't "landed" you will have to return your COPR and add your spouse to your application. S/he will be required to complete all the forms, police certificates etc. as per the checklist.
3. You can't "land" before your spouse is examined and approved, if you do, you can't sponsor your spouse ever.
4. ND doesn't have a listed phone number, you can send a Case Specific Inquiry (CSE) the web form is on their web page.
But he can "land" before Nov, come back get married and sponsor is spouse right?

Or if he doesn't go now, he will have to wait till his spouse gets her copr (for which they can apply on after their marriage)

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
But he can "land" before Nov, come back get married and sponsor is spouse right?

Or if he doesn't go now, he will have to wait till his spouse gets her copr (for which they can apply on after their marriage)
Yes once they weren't living in a common law relationship either. If so that would also disqualify him from sponsoring her. If he lands, return home, gets married, thats legal and he can sponsor her but just keep in mind CIC will become suspicious and request more info during her sponsorship process