+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marijuana testing for the medical exam.

Jun 6, 2017
I know that this topic has been posted numerous times, but none seem to have the exact answer that I am looking for. Back in June, I stopped smoking the plant after a month and a half of binging on it. I know that it stays in your system for a while if you have used it as much as I did, which was a few joints a day everyday. It was a stupid thing to do, but back then I had no plans to go to Canada for work as I only got offered the job in June and stopped immediately after got hired.

Today, I went to the VAC to get my form for the medical exam as I decided to do it before the embassy sends the request. The test is tomorrow, and I have stayed away from the drug, however, I fear that they are going to ask me whether or not I have used any illegal substances in the past and I honestly do not know what to answer. On one hand, if I answer "yes" and tell the truth, they decide to test me and I test positive for the reasons mentioned above, I could be criminally inadmissible for breaking the law in the country I am currently residing in. If I answer "no" and they do decide to test me, I would be lying.

I'd like to know what you did in this situation/any advice you have? Maybe some honest reassurances...Will the urine test include drug testing? The form that I got does not state any drug testing. It just says Full Medical Exam, x-rays, HIV and syphilis testing.

Preetbains

Aug 2, 2017
A REALLY close friend went bonkers with hard drugs a night before the medical test but passed the medical. I'm not encouraging drug use at all just stating the fact

wacom

May 3, 2019
I know that this topic has been posted numerous times, but none seem to have the exact answer that I am looking for. Back in June, I stopped smoking the plant after a month and a half of binging on it. I know that it stays in your system for a while if you have used it as much as I did, which was a few joints a day everyday. It was a stupid thing to do, but back then I had no plans to go to Canada for work as I only got offered the job in June and stopped immediately after got hired.

Today, I went to the VAC to get my form for the medical exam as I decided to do it before the embassy sends the request. The test is tomorrow, and I have stayed away from the drug, however, I fear that they are going to ask me whether or not I have used any illegal substances in the past and I honestly do not know what to answer. On one hand, if I answer "yes" and tell the truth, they decide to test me and I test positive for the reasons mentioned above, I could be criminally inadmissible for breaking the law in the country I am currently residing in. If I answer "no" and they do decide to test me, I would be lying.

I'd like to know what you did in this situation/any advice you have? Maybe some honest reassurances...Will the urine test include drug testing? The form that I got does not state any drug testing. It just says Full Medical Exam, x-rays, HIV and syphilis testing.
Hi, did they ask you these questions through a psychiatric evaluation? In a similar situation right now, would be great to get more insight.

Really sorry for the denied application, hope you push through.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It won't. The same as if you had alcohol in your system. You are applying for Canada where they are both legal.