+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

tmyers

Sep 20, 2017
got an invitation to write a test on October 10th. Letter sent out yesterday. Haven't received it yet. Please update the status - Toli M in March tab. Thank you guys

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got an invitation to write a test on October 10th. Letter sent out yesterday. Haven't received it yet. Please update the status - Toli M in March tab. Thank you guys
sorry, which office you are?

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
What you linked is the document checklist for applying for Citizenship, not for what you take to the interview. The letter you receive to take the test/oath will have clear instructions as to what items to bring.
Hi canadavisa22,

This is the message that I received which is why I'm confused. Maybe you could shed some light on it?

"When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:

This notice;
2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it; (eg drivers licence, health card, Permanent Resident card, )
All your original documents that support you citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);
Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired)"

What do you think?

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi canadavisa22,

This is the message that I received which is why I'm confused. Maybe you could shed some light on it?

"When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:

This notice;
2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it; (eg drivers licence, health card, Permanent Resident card, )
All your original documents that support you citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);
Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired)"

What do you think?
Ah I see, as far as I'm aware they're simply asking for the originals of the documents where they asked for a photocopy. So that should be:

1) Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence
2) Language Evidence
3) Passport
4) Personal ID (driver's license etc)

For photographs and receipt of payment you've already sent in the originals and they have them. They just want originals of photocopied documents to ensure they are real.

Perhaps someone who has taken the test can chime in, but that's what I assume they want and why they want it.

nuz

Mar 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Mar,2017
AOR Received.
07 Apr,2017
File Transfer...
In Progress: 11 Apr, 2017
Goodmorning, Please update the excel sheet , My ecas updated to test invite to be taken on October 10 . Thanks!

scanon

May 11, 2017
Hi All,
My status got updated today
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 22, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 4, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 5, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 20, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 14, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
My application is being processed in Mississauga office. Expecting to receive mail regarding exam date in a day or two.

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Waiting to write my test in a couple of weeks. I am a bit nervous and worried about memorizing dates from 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s. I continue to practice but seems to always get the questions with "dates" wrong. Just wondering, are there a lot of questions with "dates" on the test?
Thanks