+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba Business Immigration Under PNP-Move out of Manitoba

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Thanks for advice. If I do not contact them and presuming my deposit is retained by them and move out of Province, what complication could come up?

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
You are going to lose the money anyway. My suggestion would be talk to them and give them the reasons for not being able to invest with in time frame required.

and then move on to any other place.

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
The reasons of coming to this forum is that I would like to get opinions about my question without going to them. If any body has confirmed answer, I would appreciate. There is definitely a maximum period of stay and after that you are free to move out of Manitoba. If any body can advise and clarify the maximum period of stay in Manitoba.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea whether or not you can move to other provinces under this circumstances. But if are Canadian citizen, you can live anywhere in this planet without worrying losing your citizenship.

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Yes I know that there are no restrictions after you become citizen.
I am asking with regard to present situation. I am already in Manitoba for more than 2 years. What is the time limit of stay in Manitoba under Business Immigration?
Please see my initial question in the beginning of this forum.

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
A- I would like to apply for Manitoba Province Nomine program- Business category where I invest 150,000 and pay security deposit 75,000 until business established.

Can you guys answer my below concerns:
1- What are the main points in interview during explorative visit to Manitoba? Please share your experience

2- What are factors that will affect the interviewer's decisions?

3- What kind of applicant Business background that Manitoba will be of their interest? Trading, Construction, Hospitality, etc

4- What is the time line for processing the application?

5- Would AGE, Education be a problem?

B- Since I am very busy with work, I would like to hire reliable represensitive either lawyer or consultant to arrange my file. Any suggestion please for reliable represetnsive.. prefereblly in Manitoba

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
The interview during the exploratory visit is to assess if you are a genuine business person and meet all the requirements. One need to demonstrate that he/she has the skills and financial resources to run a business in Manitoba successfully.

It takes about 18-20 months to finalize the application

Age and education are not problem for this program as long as you meet all other requirements.

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Yes I know that there are no restrictions after you become citizen.
I am asking with regard to present situation. I am already in Manitoba for more than 2 years. What is the time limit of stay in Manitoba under Business Immigration?
Please see my initial question in the beginning of this forum.

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
The Permanent Residence status you get is NOT conditional.

If you meet the program requirements, you get your deposit of $75000 refunded. If you don't then you lose that money. That is what you pay for not meeting your commitment. Or you can call it cost of buying the permanent residency in Canada.

You are required to meet to condition of investment as in the agreement you signed with Manitoba government within two years.

Your permanent residence Card is valid for 5 years and allows you live any where in Canada for 5 years.

Please read the agreement you signed, check the expiry date on your PR card. You will find the answer to your questions.

tam1974

Jun 6, 2012
I would like to apply for PNP business investor in New Brunswick and my questions are:
- Is it a good idea to choose New Brunswick
-About the 150000 CAD do you have to produce them immediately or when you actually start the business
-Is it possible to have those 150000 through other people wanting to invest in my business since I dont want to liquify property to get them all
-Is a business of ecommerce a good idea of business in NB
-What if you start the business but it doesnt require the whole amount requested
I would be thankful for your advise

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Why you don't want to move to construction business, people in Manitoba started business by buying old houses and refurbished them to new one, you can call realestate agents and they will give you bunch of old houses. My cousin is making around 100k-120k profit in this business for last two years.

Sangam1

Mar 13, 2012
anil19 said:
Business opportunities are not lucrative in Manitoba and nothing is available in $150000 and in spite of investing the returns too are not good even somebody invests huge money. There is no alternative but to lose your deposit.
Under these circumstances, the PR status and getting citizenship should not be disturbed by moving out of Manitoba province after staying two years in Manitoba. This is my question if anybody can clarify this.
Ridiculous comments! Manitoba has the one of the strongest economies for over five years. One of lowest unemployment rates too. There are more jobs in big provinces, but more people to compete with you. I think the real problem is you don't want to invest. I wish I had $75,000 in deposit to start a business here.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
anil19 said:
Hello
I got canadian Immigration and PR through Manitoba PNP Business Immigration and in Manitoba for the last more than two years. I could not get an appropriate business and even did not get an appropriate job as I am a technically qualified person.Since Manitoba is a smaller province with lesser job opprtunities and other big provinces like Ontario, Alberta and BC must be providing more job opportunities.
My question is whether I can move out of Manitoba to other province of Canada to seek better job opportunities. If so after how much time I can move out of Manitoba.
By doing so please advise whether this action will not affect my PR Status and will not make any effect on obtaining citizenship and PR status will not be disturbed.
I will appreciate if any body can guide me.
Thanks

YES Will not affect your PR Status and will not make any effect on obtaining citizenship and PR status will not be disturbed; just you loose your deposit

sgniceman

Dec 16, 2012
Anil,

You can apply to extend the time frame to invest to PNP-B.

In fact when you apply to CIC for citizenship, they may ask you the reason of moving and why you applied to MB but now in another province.

There are many business around 150K, why don't you invest and get your refund then you may feel free to move?