+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Status- Need help/advice ASAP

cap-asap

Aug 1, 2017
Hello everyone, I came to Canada as an Int'l student in 2014. But due to some unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances like my financial situation, Mental Health Issues (started in canada) I lost my status and also failed to restore my status within 90 days.
As of right now I have no legal status, and have some financial obligations as well (vehicle lease still going on, some loan payments). I have no idea how to get legal again, also I cannot afford to go back to school cause I am not in the position to pay my tuition anymore (neither can I ask my family).

My situation is really complex, I am gonna take professional consultation but if you guys have any advice/suggestion or help, I will really appreciate it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are beyond the 90 day restoration period, it's too late to fix your status from within Canada and your only real option is to leave and return to your home country.

The one exception is if you are married or in a common law relationship with a Canadian. That individual can then sponsor you for permanent residency even though you are out of status. However you should expect your relationship to be reviewed extremely closely by CIC to ensure it's genuine and hasn't been entered into primarily for the purpose of obtaining status in Canada.