+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Stopover - transit Visa Required????

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
Okay lets understand one fact first, as long as you need not pass through IO, you needn't worry about the Transit Visa (except USA is bit finicky in this case). But in UK, if your halt is of 5 to 10 hours with connecting flight from the same airport and you are happy to spend rest of your halt time at airport, then dont worry about transit visa. In fact, in this case, I really appreciate Dubai Airport, at Dubai airport, If your halt is more than 4.5 hours, no matter which airline or which class, there is lounge only for people with more than 4.5 hours halt and you get served snacks and damn good alcohol and beverages free of charge.
Sabby you are right...but the exception of no Transit visa in european countries ( like UK (london), amsterdam, frankfurt) to name a few applies only if you have an onward journey to USA /Canada with a valid USA/Canada visa.

If you fly to London via Frankfurt ( and thats your final destination) - you need a transit visa at frankfurt no matter what hours you are in airport.
Again this is a new rule which some European countries have adopted.
USA - I am sure all of us know - requires transit visa - NO EXEMPTION at all ( if you are indian citizen)
Dubai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Zurich, Bangkok, Singapore etc - Have NO TRANSIT VISA - no matter what unless you have to leave the airport.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermanaman said:
Sabby you are right...but the exception of no Transit visa in european countries ( like UK (london), amsterdam, frankfurt) to name a few applies only if you have an onward journey to USA /Canada with a valid USA/Canada visa.

If you fly to London via Frankfurt ( and thats your final destination) - you need a transit visa at frankfurt no matter what hours you are in airport.
Again this is a new rule which some European countries have adopted.
USA - I am sure all of us know - requires transit visa - NO EXEMPTION at all ( if you are indian citizen)
Dubai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Zurich, Bangkok, Singapore etc - Have NO TRANSIT VISA - no matter what unless you have to leave the airport.
Thats what I meant, if you needn't pass through the IO, you need no visa in UK. I was in UK 2 months ago and had no problem at all. But anyway unless rules have changed in last two months.

So please be advised and check the sources and be sure to avoid any issues.

Cheers!

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Friend just went to Canada, through LuftHansa..with a Frankfurt Layover..N didnt require any visa

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swathi.life said:
My Friend just went to Canada, through LuftHansa..with a Frankfurt Layover..N didnt require any visa
lol coz he went to Canada - if you have a canada visa and onward ticket you are exempt from visa

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermanaman said:
lol coz he went to Canada - if you have a canada visa and onward ticket you are exempt from visa
wt would i want to do in airport without an onward ticket..silly !

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol you are not getting the point here....What i am saying is - you are visa exempt because you are via frankfurt to Canada/USA with a valid visa and ticket..
If you were going to London or any other place say Ireland via Frankfurt - you would need a transit visa for Frankfurt :p

srisrikanth

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
LANDED..........
09-08-2013
The new policy is implemented just 10days back, even in UK border agency website it is not updated, don't trust the online source. We travel industry people use different sources which is IATA, we get up to date information on it. Instead of debating call to UK visa office and check, you will know.

Other than UK you don't need a transit visa for any European country if you are travelling onward to USA/ Canada. But if you are travelling to south america except Netherlands you need to have transit visa for all the European countries.

Australia has the same transit visa policy, even if you are not passing the immigration, to transit in Australian airports you need to have the transit visa. And there will be a security check at the airport especially for the transit passengers. you are not allowed to carry any duty free items while transiting.

I am afraid that, might be UK started the same policy for transit passengers, to control the liquid, aerosol and gel.

Information passed, I will leave up to you whether you take it or not.

Regards,
Srikanth

sumera.k

Sep 29, 2013
Christ in Heavens!

I might sound a lil slow but all these posts got me insane. So if we stay at say Heathrow for 7 hours on way journey forward to Canada, do i need a transit visa or not? All help will be appreciated. Danke!

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
@srisrikanth ...
Could you please provide me any proof for the info?? Or share me the contact number of uk visa office... Unless its updated officially in uk border site, i dont believe any policy change is there..this is not a simple thing man...pls dont spread rumours..

nileshkaka

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Delhi CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 sep 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
23 sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 oct 2013
LANDED..........
21 feb 2014

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gibinv said:
@ srisrikanth ...
Could you please provide me any proof for the info?? Or share me the contact number of uk visa office... Unless its updated officially in uk border site, i dont believe any policy change is there..this is not a simple thing man...pls dont spread rumours..
checking with your airliness helpline should be enough for a confirmed answer..mainly, dont rely on what is posted on forums

srisrikanth

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
LANDED..........
09-08-2013
Why I need to spread the rumors, I clearly mentioned it is up to you to take it or not. I ain't stopping you for visa, you can travel if you think it is not required. I told to fellow members according to my travel agency system.

gibinv said:
@ srisrikanth ...

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
London - Dubai - Frankfurt are the major transit points...if a place as popular as London requires transit visa, it would by now be a Big News in India - Considering the no. of Indian students/IT crowd who pass London while heading to North America..

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Sweetalker said:
Hi All..

I have a Jet airways flight.. Where stopover in London (Heathrow) is almost 16 hours. Also, the connecting flight is for next day morning. Now.. Airline is not helping for any VISA..

I called up VFS UK.. They say I wud need a transit VISA as the flight is on next day.

Anybody faced a similar situation..?
Transit visa also faces rejections?
Hello Sweet ;)

I will share my experience with you and i hope this will clear all your doubts

I had 18 Hours transit On London Heathrow and i asked many ppl like you are doing lol

I Got confusing and mixed answers also.

Answer is..

Yes you need a Transit visa IF you have stay more than 12 hours.

Now If you want to Apply for Transit Visa its Also a very Tiring Process i have gone through it Already.

I Applied for Transit Visa through VFS and Trust me UKBA took an Interview from Me and asked more than the Canadian Embassy did.

Well i Got a Visitor in Transit Visa In a Month as Pakistani and Indian are taken in Same Category so you will face that same like me.

After i Got Visa i Fully Utilized it and STAYED for 46 Hours at london Enjoying There LOL

If you dont have a Transit Visa British Airways Wont let you Board even as My UK Visa were Properly checked :D

So Buddy... if you feel that UK is Important Apply for Visitor in Transit Visa else try to have another route. :p :p :p