+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO PROCESSING TIMES 2013

praveen240881

Jan 9, 2013
Dear All

My Employer had filed for my LMO on Jan-03-2013. Though not sure in which Province he had filed. My empoloyer in based out of Ontario and i will be working in Toronto. This leaves me with few questions, and would really be grateful if some one can answer.

1. Can the LMO be filed at any province, or only in the province where the empolyer is registered or located?
2. Any idea on the current processing times.?

Hellvetier

Jan 5, 2013
Canmore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I am waiting for 11 weeks in Alberta! My employer received his LMO File number on the 5. November 2012!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praveen240881 said:
Dear All

My Employer had filed for my LMO on Jan-03-2013. Though not sure in which Province he had filed. My empoloyer in based out of Ontario and i will be working in Toronto. This leaves me with few questions, and would really be grateful if some one can answer.

1. Can the LMO be filed at any province, or only in the province where the empolyer is registered or located?
2. Any idea on the current processing times.?
Applications have to be sent to the regional Service Canada office that covers the province where the job is located. So if the job is located in Ontario, then the application would have to be sent to the Toronto office.

If the job is high skilled, the employer could have applied for an A-LMO in which case he'd get a decision in 10 business days. If he applied for a regular LMO, the timelines would be longer - I'm afraid I don't know exactly how much.

Hope that helps.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
amira_mais said:
Applications have to be sent to the regional Service Canada office that covers the province where the job is located. So if the job is located in Ontario, then the application would have to be sent to the Toronto office.

If the job is high skilled, the employer could have applied for an A-LMO in which case he'd get a decision in 10 business days. If he applied for a regular LMO, the timelines would be longer - I'm afraid I don't know exactly how much.

Hope that helps.
Have the rules changed? I was thinking that A-LMO is for companies who have received a positive LMO in past 2 years. Can someone pls confirm?

Also, is Software Programmer a high skilled profession?

angelstar

Jan 20, 2013
my work permit is about to expire...do i need a new LMO to renew my work permit or i can use the old one?thanks>>>

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelstar said:
my work permit is about to expire...do i need a new LMO to renew my work permit or i can use the old one?thanks>>>
An LMO can't be re-used. So you'll need a new one.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foruaks said:
Have the rules changed? I was thinking that A-LMO is for companies who have received a positive LMO in past 2 years. Can someone pls confirm?
My fault I skipped this part - yes, it's still true.

foruaks said:
Also, is Software Programmer a high skilled profession?
Yes.

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
angelstar said:
there is a new rule that came up in december...if ur wrk permit is about to expire u can file for open wrk permit... call cic customer serv numbr they can give u info bout tht

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kipling122 said:
there is a new rule that came up in december...if ur wrk permit is about to expire u can file for open wrk permit... call cic customer serv numbr they can give u info bout tht
But this only applies if you're applying for economic permanent immigration streams.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Summary: Effective December 15, 2012, qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence (PR) under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and who meet program eligibility requirements, may be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) if their current WP will soon expire.

praveen240881

Jan 9, 2013
Thanks. I have contacted by employer to see if they have applied for A-LMO. BTW, i an S/W Engineer and hoping that i come under High Skilled Work. Any body who have applied for LMO in Ontario in recent times and have got the reply, please share in your time lines

Hellvetier

Jan 5, 2013
Canmore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
i am getting really nervous about my lmo. i am waiting exactly 11 weeks and no signs from the gouvernment in alberta. i have a skilled job (noc7313) with a shortage. I hope everything goes well and fast!
are there any other users with lmo experience in this board? ???

tintot600

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25,2013
AOR Received.
February 23,2013
Med's Request
February 23,2013
Med's Done....
March 1, 2013
Hellvetier said:
i am getting really nervous about my lmo. i am waiting exactly 11 weeks and no signs from the gouvernment in alberta. i have a skilled job (noc7313) with a shortage. I hope everything goes well and fast!
are there any other users with lmo experience in this board? ???
Hi, my LMO was filed by my employer june 2012 in Alberta. It was out October 2012.

praveen240881

Jan 9, 2013
Thought i shall update on the status of my LMO. I just heard from my employer that my LMO is approved, however yet to receive the confirmation via email.
Now will have to move on to applying Work Permit. I applied for my WP in Sep-2012 and was rejected for no LMO. Now that i have obtained a Positive LMO for the same job position and role, do you think there chances on me getting a WP will be more. Any suggestions.

Regards
Praveen

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praveen240881 said:
Thought i shall update on the status of my LMO. I just heard from my employer that my LMO is approved, however yet to receive the confirmation via email.
Now will have to move on to applying Work Permit. I applied for my WP in Sep-2012 and was rejected for no LMO. Now that i have obtained a Positive LMO for the same job position and role, do you think there chances on me getting a WP will be more. Any suggestions.

Regards
Praveen
Yes, with a positive LMO, your chances of getting a WP are much higher. Out of curiosity, why did you apply without an LMO the first time?

You will also have to satisfy the visa officer that you have the education/training and experience to do the job, that you will leave Canada when your visa/permit expires, and that you have no health issues that could pose a risk to the Canadian public.

Good luck!