+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

viliusz

Dec 22, 2011
Hi,

Today my "soon-to-be" employer got an official letter of positive LMO. AFAIK application was submitted w/c Oct 17th, then 01/30 they called SC and they told that my file was in hands of immigration officer and that this should take "two weeks or less". Everything was handled by canadavisa lawyers.

Take care everyone. Waiting is hard, but worth it.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good for you viliusz.... where will you file your work permit?

artemka

Feb 6, 2012
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
Yes you can apply for a new work permit 2 weeks before your current permit expires. This will give you "implied status" which means you can continue working.
However, based on my experience it will be denied if you don't have the positive LMO when the officer reviews your work permit application.
Now I am wondering if I should apply by mail, not online since the processing time is longer and I can be under the implied status for longer time.

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
Hey guys, quick question

I have been working in a company for over a year and planning to apply for LMO. I hold a post grad work permit. Is it still necessary for my employer to show recruitment efforts or need to place an ad? I have got mixed reviews so far, some say yes and some no. Not sure what the correct way is.

Appreciate all you help.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you include proof of recruitment effort to your LMO so SC will have no excuse of not giving you positive LMO... don't take the risk ... else you add more processing time.

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
I suggest you include proof of recruitment effort to your LMO so SC will have no excuse of not giving you positive LMO... don't take the risk ... else you add more processing time.
I thought so too.
Thanks for your help.

To others, any and every feedback would be helpful

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
bepositive said:
I thought so too.
Thanks for your help.

To others, any and every feedback would be helpful
Yes, I think is better to put ad then send the complete package to SC. The best site to put ad is JobBank.gc.ca and ask your prospective employer to put for at least 2 weeks (14 days).

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
Iva said:
Yes, I think is better to put ad then send the complete package to SC. The best site to put ad is JobBank.gc.ca and ask your prospective employer to put for at least 2 weeks (14 days).
Think Ive made up my mind. Thank you guys

artemka

Feb 6, 2012
bepositive said:
Hey guys, quick question

I have been working in a company for over a year and planning to apply for LMO. I hold a post grad work permit. Is it still necessary for my employer to show recruitment efforts or need to place an ad? I have got mixed reviews so far, some say yes and some no. Not sure what the correct way is.

Appreciate all you help.
TO my knowledge in this case an employer does not have to show any recruit effort.

I can not post links but search for Variations to Minimum Advertising Requirements and then go to international graduates.

Anyhow, I am in the same situation. Do you guys think it's still better to show that the position was advertised?

shivpalsidhu

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
6216 (New NOC 6313)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
AOR Received.
06-04-2011 (1st) 02-06-2011 (2nd)
IELTS Request
Sent with inital application
File Transfer...
30-04-2011 and July 2012
Med's Request
19-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Calgary, AB
artemka said:
TO my knowledge in this case an employer does not have to show any recruit effort.
I can not post links but search for Variations to Minimum Advertising Requirements and then go to international graduates.
Anyhow, I am in the same situation. Do you guys think it's still better to show that the position was advertised?
Hi artemka & bepositive,

I will share my case. I worked with the same employer since Sep 2010. I started as Co-op student, then was perm FT. I employer applied for LMO, and requested to give exemption for recruitment efforts as I have been working with the same employer for more than a year. My employer did recieve a call from Service Canada, and the officer did ask why there was no recruitment efforts made. My employer explained the situation, and the same day, the LMO was approved. My had a cover letter to the application to explain the situation when they faxed the application.

LMO was applied on Oct 29th, 2011, and recieved approved LMO in mail on Feb 6th, 2012.

I hope this helps.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hope4MapleLeaf said:
Yes you can apply for a new work permit 2 weeks before your current permit expires. This will give you "implied status" which means you can continue working.
However, based on my experience it will be denied if you don't have the positive LMO when the officer reviews your work permit application.
As an aside, since Vegreville is taking only 15-17 days to process a work permit, the implied status will only be about a week.

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
Hey fellas

Please continue posting your feedback/updates on any development regarding LMO. I'm sure we all are hungry for updates (i refresh the page every 10 mins). Please keep this thread going and lets learn from every post. How bad do you want "APPROVAL"? Here goes mine

Feb 7 - sent application, awaiting receipt

Thanks guys

nevenj

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Advice needed :)

I'm currently working as a software developer for one company in Waterloo (started at the end of 11/2011, 6 months contract full time). I have an Open Work Permit issued under International Experience Canada program. My employer would like that I continue working for him after my work permit expires (2012/06/30) and he would like to offer me a permanent full time position. Before applying for a new work permit (I can not extend current because it was issued under IEC program), my employer needs to obtain LMO. As I am currently employed with him and that position was advertised with several recruiting agencies, does employer need to prove that he tried to employ a Canadian/Permanent Resident or he can be exempted from that part. Or should he place a job posting to JobBank (How long should job posting be advertised?).

Thanks for any advice.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Your employer needs to advertise the position at the job bank for at least 14 days (has to show recruitment efforts), before he can apply for a LMO in your favour.

nevenj said:
Advice needed :)

I'm currently working as a software developer for one company in Waterloo (started at the end of 11/2011, 6 months contract full time). I have an Open Work Permit issued under International Experience Canada program. My employer would like that I continue working for him after my work permit expires (2012/06/30) and he would like to offer me a permanent full time position. Before applying for a new work permit (I can not extend current because it was issued under IEC program), my employer needs to obtain LMO. As I am currently employed with him and that position was advertised with several recruiting agencies, does employer need to prove that he tried to employ a Canadian/Permanent Resident or he can be exempted from that part. Or should he place a job posting to JobBank (How long should job posting be advertised?).

Thanks for any advice.